The Confessions Thread

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: The Confessions Thread

Postby spacelordmother » Mon Jul 02, 2018 9:48 am

foomanfat wrote:I don’t get what the big deal is with Nick Cave.

Omg so much this. From lots of other music I am very into it seems I should revere him, but... yuck.
spacelordmother

HERO
HERO

Postby Chankgeez » Mon Jul 02, 2018 9:59 am

tremolo3 wrote:I was talking about Stereolab, but thanks, only Neu I've been really into is Neu 2, will check the rest for sure now that I kraut.

Which Stereolab album are you talking about?
psychic vampire. wrote:The important take away from this thread: Taoism and Ring Modulators go together?
…...........................…
Sweet dealin's: here
"Now, of course, Strega is not a Minimoog… and I am not Sun Ra" - dude from MAKENOISE
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGhbeHujNZQ youtube.com/watch?v=V-2l7kkBURc

Postby lost in music » Mon Jul 02, 2018 10:35 am

bubstance wrote:I finally got the chance to hear from my exes where I went wrong. I know it's usually considered a bad idea to do that, but I had to.

They had many reasons, but ultimately all of them could be traced to one thing: my addictions. I was ignoring their emotional pain to focus on my addictions and making myself feel better by indulging them. I let an amazing woman slip away because I "couldn't function" without my addictions.

I smoke two packs of cigarettes a day and in the same time drink somewhere between 8 and 12 energy drinks.

I have a problem and I'm letting it control me.

I'm sick of failing people, I'm sick of myself, I'm sick of it all.

I have to stop or I will die. These things will kill me, like for really real, I will actually die and probably in the not too distant future if I do not stop.

I'm so scared. I'm actually terrified of my inability to stop and think about what I'm doing not just to myself, but to those around me.

I have to change.

...but am I strong enough?

Holy shit I just actually teared up as I wrote that last line.

A few days late on the "you can do it" parade, but yes you ARE strong enough!

I've quit cigarettes, alcohol, sugar, and am currently weaning off caffeine. Cigs were the worst - low mental alertness, feverish crawling out of my skin for days. Hydration, eating nutritious foods, and exercise will help. Caffeine deprivation headaches are pretty bad too but in my experience a few days of ibuprofen will knock those out. Pretty serious mood swings when I did sugar recently. That hadn't been my experience with quitting any of the other stuff and I had to take a minute to tell myself that it was just a symptom of the withdrawal and that it would pass (it did).

Best luck! You can take control of your life!
This is a very impressive collection of Roto Toms. That's 21 Roto Toms in all. That is only $33.00 a Roto Tom.
lost in music

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Location: Sorry but you cannot use search at this time. Please try again in a few minutes.

Postby Inconuucl » Tue Jul 03, 2018 1:30 am

I honestly believe that Corey Taylor is one of best vocalist in metal. :idk: :snax:
Le Ciel Inconnu (I was a whale once.)
NSFW: show
Chankgeez wrote:We should have a game show à la Name That Tune

Inconuucl: I can shoegaze that tune with 5 pedals.
other contestant: I can shoegaze that tune with 4 pedals.
Inconuucl: I can shoegaze that tune with 3 pedals.
other contestant: OK, shoegaze that tune!
Inconuucl: :!!!:
Inconuucl

Supporter
Supporter

Postby tremolo3 » Tue Jul 03, 2018 12:47 pm

Inconuucl wrote:I honestly believe that Corey Taylor is one of best vocalist in metal. :idk: :snax:

i don't really listen much metal other than hipster crap, but fuck yes, he's amazing!

That guy from Tool has a beautiful voice too.
John wrote:"guys play quiet, listen to my small costly device."

PumpkinPieces wrote:Fer shoogaze

tuffteef wrote:all you need is a big muff and feelings
tremolo3

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby comesect2.0 » Tue Jul 03, 2018 11:25 pm

There's this girl....I just want to give her things, last time I sparked a convo at the store she works at...we've eyed each other ever since...but I'm always with my child, so tonight I saw her outa uniform buyin groceries...went into full beast mode and stalkd around at my prize, when I was pulling out in parking lot she cam out so I rolled down all the windows and just howld your beautiful over and over at the sky...maybe she got the message. Iranian peach.
comesect2.0

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby bubstance » Thu Jul 05, 2018 1:10 pm

To everyone telling me I can quit smoking, thank you. I cut out the energy drinks completely and am down to around a half a pack a day. I'm working on cutting the rest before my birthday.

Here's a weird question:

Anyone else's parents get divorced when they were older? I mean, like when you were an adult.

In some ways it feels harder than if they had done it when I was a kid. They got divorced when I was 20, and yesterday I had to help my mother kick out her boyfriend of a few years.

Great independence day, amirite?
powered by 9front
bubstance

experienced
experienced

Postby Jero » Sun Jul 15, 2018 1:50 am

bubstance wrote:To everyone telling me I can quit smoking, thank you. I cut out the energy drinks completely and am down to around a half a pack a day. I'm working on cutting the rest before my birthday.

Here's a weird question:
Anyone else's parents get divorced when they were older? I mean, like when you were an adult.
In some ways it feels harder than if they had done it when I was a kid. They got divorced when I was 20, and yesterday I had to help my mother kick out her boyfriend of a few years.
Great independence day, amirite?

Mine did when I was 17, but it was the second marriage, and it was a long time coming. Thus it made no real impact on me at the time. My little sister however... :( ....Kicking out you moms bfriend had to be pretty weird, no?
I make noise toys under Stomping Stones

oldangelmidnight wrote:This is the classic ILF I love. Emotional highs and lows. Scooped mids in my heart all day long.
Jero

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby bubstance » Sun Jul 15, 2018 9:16 pm

Jero wrote:Mine did when I was 17, but it was the second marriage, and it was a long time coming. Thus it made no real impact on me at the time. My little sister however... :( ....Kicking out you moms bfriend had to be pretty weird, no?

Damn, I know that feel of worrying how it'll effect younger siblings; my sister was 10 when it happened to us and I think it may have really done some damage.

It was really weird having to tell a 50-something year old man "uh... hey, she wants you out. Like now", but not as weird as finding out from neighbors that dude had been downing bottles of Oxy like they were Skittles. It was like... how did I miss that? We always just thought he was drunk; dude has a huge problem with alcohol and my mother is not a fan of people who can't function while drinking, but still...

Shit's crazy. He was missing for over a week without picking up his stuff (which included literally all of his checking/savings money in a wallet) and finally called from a mental hospital 5 cities away.