The Confessions Thread

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: The Confessions Thread

Postby BetterOffShred » Fri Sep 22, 2017 8:55 pm

I didn't do shit at work today. I felt really sick, and I just was super lame and unproductive. It was the worst. I really like my job, but sometimes you just feel like dog shit and that's it. I don't have sick time yet so I have to stay..
BetterOffShred

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Invisible Man » Sat Sep 23, 2017 1:09 am

I have had the drum break to Digital Bath stuck in my head for the past twenty years.

Ok, seventeen.
Last edited by Invisible Man on Sat Sep 23, 2017 12:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents.

https://soundcloud.com/invisible-man-music
https://bradromans.bandcamp.com/album/figures
Invisible Man

Zen of BILF
Zen of BILF

Postby Invisible Man » Sat Sep 23, 2017 8:38 am

I only fall asleep in positions that--if I were to spontaneously manifest Wolverine claws--no one would be hurt.
The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents.

Invisible Man

Zen of BILF
Zen of BILF

Postby spacelordmother » Sat Sep 23, 2017 4:17 pm

Invisible Man wrote:I have had the drum break to Digital Bath stuck in my head for the past twenty years.

Ok, seventeen.

Best song on the album.
spacelordmother

HERO
HERO

Postby Invisible Man » Sat Sep 23, 2017 5:11 pm

Agreed. And there are some good ones.

Invisible Man

Zen of BILF
Zen of BILF

Postby $harkToootth » Wed Sep 27, 2017 3:55 pm

:cry: There is an inordinate amount of awesome stuff for really inexpensive prices in BST but...I truly don't 'need' any of it...i.e. I want to buy it...and the money is no object (cause these pedals are cheap) but my body and mind is like, "Nah dude...you're good" :cry:

Real confession...perhaps...2real...I saw this group of three guys dressed in funny 70s thrift store clothes with three goth chicks walking to a reggae bar next to Peter Lugar's and wanted to be part of their friend group. They looked like a tight group of friends and had this sense of confidence and 'true to themselves' aura. Does anyone else see friend groups and think 'oh wow they look cool...I want to be in that group' :cry: :lol: :cry: #creepmodeactivated

They could totally not be like anything I projected upon them but let's pretend such is the case.
"SWIPE LEFT ASSHOLE!" -retinal orbita
"Whatever ASSHOLE here’s my pedal that makes humpback whale noises and also it has a built in sequencer so stick it in your craw! -retinal orbita
"Patty Mullen takes me from a ball peen to a sledge" -The Great Velvet Hammer
"...at this exact moment Divine has learned of your jealous scheme from the local town gossip. She also has your address, ASS HOLE!" -Narrator (Mr. J) PINK FLAMINGOS
1 bird per post please
$harkToootth

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Kacey Y » Wed Sep 27, 2017 4:21 pm

$harkToootth wrote::cry: There is an inordinate amount of awesome stuff for really inexpensive prices in BST but...I truly don't 'need' any of it...i.e. I want to buy it...and the money is no object (cause these pedals are cheap) but my body and mind is like, "Nah dude...you're good" :cry:

Real confession...perhaps...2real...I saw this group of three guys dressed in funny 70s thrift store clothes with three goth chicks walking to a reggae bar next to Peter Lugar's and wanted to be part of their friend group. They looked like a tight group of friends and had this sense of confidence and 'true to themselves' aura. Does anyone else see friend groups and think 'oh wow they look cool...I want to be in that group' :cry: :lol: :cry: #creepmodeactivated

They could totally not be like anything I projected upon them but let's pretend such is the case.

In my imagination, you walk up to this group and tell them how hip and interesting you think they look. You quickly discover they're brutish and heavily intoxicated college athletes going to a costume party, dressed ironically as what they consider to be foolish and ridiculous losers. They beat you savagely for your naive sincerity and leave you broken in a dark alley. While your fractured bones eventually knit, your lacerations healing and scars eventually fading, the psychological wounds you sustain that night leave you unable speak to strangers ever again. Your attackers don't give the altercation a second thought, but most of them descend into alcoholism and drug abuse, as their university revelries eclipse their academic careers, which eventually disqualify them from participating in the team sports that allowed them access to higher education in the first place. Most of them eventually take whatever work will keep them in cheap beer and increasingly potent recreation substances, though the feelings of merriment have long since drained from things. One of them does manage to turn things around before being expelled, his State Senator father preventing the debauchery from staining his permanent record. Eventually he graduates with mediocre accomplishment and ascends quickly to the halls of power, aided by the sycophants who would gladly overlook the grating dullard son in order to curry favor with his father. He follows the path laid out for him, the monotonous job for the banally evil multinational corporation, the empty and loveless marriage, along with the at first thrilling but eventually numbing affairs, and the insufferable children who will never respect or understand him and who will eventually suck his retirement funds and legacy dry. All the while, my disembodied presence watches from a distance, shaking my head and laughing, alone. So very alone.

I have a weird sense of humor though.
Appalachian Queer Punk Moms Local 138
Kacey Y

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby $harkToootth » Wed Sep 27, 2017 4:26 pm

I wouldn't say it's weird. That's more or less what I imagined too...
"Whatever ASSHOLE here’s my pedal that makes humpback whale noises and also it has a built in sequencer so stick it in your craw! -retinal orbita
"...at this exact moment Divine has learned of your jealous scheme from the local town gossip. She also has your address, ASS HOLE!" -Narrator (Mr. J) PINK FLAMINGOS
1 bird per post please
$harkToootth

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Kacey Y » Wed Sep 27, 2017 4:31 pm

$harkToootth wrote:I wouldn't say it's weird. That's more or less what I imagined too...

Twinsies! :hug:
Appalachian Queer Punk Moms Local 138
Kacey Y

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby BetterOffShred » Wed Sep 27, 2017 5:23 pm

$harkToootth wrote:I wouldn't say it's weird. That's more or less what I imagined too...

What if you were dressed as a golf pro for the same reason they dressed they did, and are going to the same costume party and they mistook you for one of them?
BetterOffShred

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby $harkToootth » Wed Sep 27, 2017 5:28 pm

It would be cohesive to the rest of my existence as most facets of my life come from being mistakenly mistook for something I did by mistake.
1 bird per post please
$harkToootth

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby BetterOffShred » Wed Sep 27, 2017 5:35 pm

Mmm Mmm! :joy: I can get behind that.
BetterOffShred

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Invisible Man » Wed Sep 27, 2017 5:57 pm

I used to think the word 'vehicle' was pronounced 'vedicle.'

Matter of fact, I still do.

Invisible Man

Zen of BILF
Zen of BILF

Postby BetterOffShred » Wed Sep 27, 2017 6:06 pm

Invisible Man wrote:I used to think the word 'vehicle' was pronounced 'vedicle.'

Matter of fact, I still do.

I like when people say Simular instead of similar. Sim you lur.. wtf?
or Nuclear.... Nuke yah lur... I had a professor who had a PHD.. worked at a Nuclear facility for like 10 years.. and Said that shit.. oh man.. so irritating!
Wolf.... woof.. that one gets me too. I think that's just a regional thing though..
BetterOffShred

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby jrfox92 » Wed Sep 27, 2017 6:26 pm

BetterOffShred wrote:or Nuclear.... Nuke yah lur... I had a professor who had a PHD.. worked at a Nuclear facility for like 10 years.. and Said that shit.. oh man.. so irritating!
Wolf.... woof.. that one gets me too. I think that's just a regional thing though..

Yeah, I think that nuke-you-lur was just Bush's Southern accent and everyone else just decided to go with it.
Since I always forget:

Inconuucl wrote:You can't kill Strymon, it'll just resurrect 3 days later.

BitchPudding wrote:Despite all my rage, I am still just eating tacos in a cage.

Inconuucl wrote:Welcome to ilf, we have three jokes and twelve posters. <3
jrfox92

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion