The Confessions Thread

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: The Confessions Thread

Postby phantasmagorovich » Fri Oct 17, 2014 1:42 pm

I think playing with new, different people is probably the easiest, most natural feeling way to get out of a dry spell.
phantasmagorovich

Supporter
Supporter

Postby KaosCill8r » Sat Oct 18, 2014 4:19 am

phantasmagorovich wrote:I think playing with new, different people is probably the easiest, most natural feeling way to get out of a dry spell.

My problem is being remote. Its hard to find cool people to jam with when you live in the country. I have to use other methods to keep creative and progress.
KaosCill8r

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby JGonzalez » Sat Oct 18, 2014 5:57 am

goosekevin wrote:I am losing motivation to play music
I feel like I am not improving, it's been a year long plateau

I guess I just are to find new people to play with because if I keep just playing in the bedroom I don't think I'm gonna improve
I feel really shit at both guitar and bass and I agent been excited to play in a long time

We are creatures of habit and it's real easy to get stuck playing the same shapes and timing we are used to and am guilty as many others are.

Since we are creatures of habit, it's natural for us to get locked in autopilot. You ever drive to work and wonder how the hell you got there? If so, try waking up at a different time, try brushing your teeth before you shower opposed to after, or drive an alternate route to work to break the cycle and keep your mind on alert. Even rearranging your room or playing in an entirely different room all together.

This tip doesn't cost money or time, hope it helps and good luck
JGonzalez

uncommitted
uncommitted

Postby weed_killer » Sat Oct 18, 2014 10:43 am

I never really tell anyone I know about my music or writing that I do in my spare time. Music especially - I've been recording stuff for years, slowly honing in on a certain aesthetic in secret. I'm finally getting to the point of it reaching other people - I had a split tape come out back in august, and I've got my first (in terms of actual outside release) album coming out on a tape label (Metaphysical Circuits) at the end of this month. I work on it constantly, but I still have this hangup about telling people. I guess it's a combination of not wanting to draw attention to myself and aiming to keep it going and amass a certain reputation amongst like-minded peers who could only judge the work on its own. Does anyone else here feel this way with their stuff? It seems like most of you are pretty upfront about your music (I'm not talking on ilf, but in everyday life), which makes more sense.
weed_killer

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby spacelordmother » Sat Oct 18, 2014 10:52 am

weed_killer wrote:I never really tell anyone I know about my music or writing that I do in my spare time. Music especially - I've been recording stuff for years, slowly honing in on a certain aesthetic in secret. I'm finally getting to the point of it reaching other people - I had a split tape come out back in august, and I've got my first (in terms of actual outside release) album coming out on a tape label (Metaphysical Circuits) at the end of this month. I work on it constantly, but I still have this hangup about telling people. I guess it's a combination of not wanting to draw attention to myself and aiming to keep it going and amass a certain reputation amongst like-minded peers who could only judge the work on its own. Does anyone else here feel this way with their stuff? It seems like most of you are pretty upfront about your music (I'm not talking on ilf, but in everyday life), which makes more sense.

I don't really promote mine either other than my sig or a random post here on ILF. Mostly because I really only create it for me, the act of creation being my focus, and that none of the people I know in real life are into the kind of stuff I make. I'm not really interested in getting attention for my music (still, the few kudos here are nice :hug: ) or connecting with people/a scene so there's no real reason for me to do it I don't think.
spacelordmother

HERO
HERO

Postby weed_killer » Sat Oct 18, 2014 12:15 pm

yeah, that's pretty much where I'm at. I am interested in getting attention though, but as a means of being able to get stuff put out by other people. Not as a means of attracting attention to myself so much.
weed_killer

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby kbit » Sat Oct 18, 2014 2:07 pm

I think I've found that I hate working solo outside of an improv setting. Trying to write/record/arrange/overdub/etc with a computer/sample feels counter intuitive or something. Just not feeling like anything flows or feels good. Maybe it's just because I'm a novice...
D.o.S. wrote:I'm fucking stupid and no one should operate under any other premise.
kbit

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby D.o.S. » Sun Oct 19, 2014 1:17 am

Probs 'cause you have too much latency.
good deals are here.
escapecraft is here.
UglyCasanova wrote: It's not the expensive programs you use, it's the way you click and drag.

Achtane wrote:
comesect2.0 wrote:Michael Jackson king tut little Richard in your butt.

IT'S THE ENNNND OF THE WORRRLD AS WE KNOW IT
D.o.S.

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby phantasmagorovich » Sun Oct 19, 2014 3:34 am

kbithecrowing wrote:I think I've found that I hate working solo outside of an improv setting. Trying to write/record/arrange/overdub/etc with a computer/sample feels counter intuitive or something. Just not feeling like anything flows or feels good. Maybe it's just because I'm a novice...

Same here. I think it's in the group dynamic of playing with others. I just get bored too fast when I'm doing stuff on my own. :joy:
phantasmagorovich

Supporter
Supporter

Postby Disarm D'arcy » Sun Oct 19, 2014 6:22 am

I have a Moog and a black cat.

:picard:
Good deals: OsbornKT, Phantasmagorovich, UglyCasanova, DarkAxel, Skip, D.o.S, ColdBrightSunlight, Eivind August, Goroth

https://linktr.ee/disarmdarcy

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Disarm D'arcy

Supporter
Supporter

Postby Twangasaurus » Sun Oct 19, 2014 6:31 am

SPACE CCCAAAAATTTTT I ALWAYS WANTED YOU TO GO INTO SSSPPPPAAAACCCCEEEE, CCCAAAAAATTTTT!
Lobstrosity wrote:Dad-a-chum? Dod-a-chock?
Twangasaurus

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby kbit » Sun Oct 19, 2014 9:22 am

D.o.S. wrote:Probs 'cause you have too much latency.

:lol: nah ive been working with loops and previously made recordings and drones.
D.o.S. wrote:I'm fucking stupid and no one should operate under any other premise.
kbit

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby spacelordmother » Sun Oct 19, 2014 12:35 pm

Twangasaurus wrote:SPACE CCCAAAAATTTTT I ALWAYS WANTED YOU TO GO INTO SSSPPPPAAAACCCCEEEE, CCCAAAAAATTTTT!

I love that song and no one else seems to remember it!
spacelordmother

HERO
HERO

Postby UglyCasanova » Sun Oct 19, 2014 3:52 pm

You are not alone :group:

Set your volume to 11!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

UglyCasanova

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby ChetMagongalo » Sun Oct 19, 2014 4:54 pm

Disarm D'arcy wrote:Image

I have a Moog and a black cat.

:picard:

I doubt your intentions are such, but I find it horribly annoying when people relate someones ability to get laid to what instrument the musician plays. Even if there was such a correlation, the distinction is useless, shallow and demeaning.
Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/crazyfalconX/videos
rustywire wrote:Post your battle jacket of wrong bands

psychic vampire. wrote:I believe all authorities should be destroyed?
ChetMagongalo

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion