The what ever thread...

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: The what ever thread...

Postby dubkitty » Wed Sep 26, 2018 6:24 pm

you can see the thread here: https://twitter.com/tucker_shaw/status/ ... 03202?s=09

bring Kleenex.
In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni

FIFTY YEARS OF SCARING THE CHILDREN 1970-2020--and i'm not done yet

DUBZ ÄLTER LOOPZ (2012-14): https://soundcloud.com/dubkitteh-1/sets/early-works-2012-14

DUBZ LOOPZ 2: Electronic Renaissance coming soon to a Soundcloud near you!
dubkitty

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: somewhere between Never-Never Land and Wonderland, in a place called Never Wonder Land

Postby Dr. Sherman Sticks M.D. » Wed Sep 26, 2018 10:51 pm

dang sorry to hear that man.
maybe u could turn off notifications for a lil while or something?
Dr. Sherman Sticks M.D.

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby dubkitty » Wed Sep 26, 2018 11:08 pm

thinking about it. i saw today that my post had over 1000 "likes."

DUBZ ÄLTER LOOPZ (2012-14): https://soundcloud.com/dubkitteh-1/sets/early-works-2012-14

dubkitty

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: somewhere between Never-Never Land and Wonderland, in a place called Never Wonder Land

Postby D.o.S. » Thu Sep 27, 2018 2:16 pm

That is one of the rarest of things: A worthwhile Twitter read.
good deals are here.
escapecraft is here.
UglyCasanova wrote: It's not the expensive programs you use, it's the way you click and drag.

Achtane wrote:
comesect2.0 wrote:Michael Jackson king tut little Richard in your butt.

IT'S THE ENNNND OF THE WORRRLD AS WE KNOW IT
D.o.S.

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby dubkitty » Thu Sep 27, 2018 2:55 pm

for me Twitter is mostly for adorable animal photos and music news, with the occasional post from one of the local antifascist organizers.

dubkitty

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Achtane » Mon Oct 01, 2018 4:03 pm

Like a third of our department at Stihl got laid off today, but it's a mixed blessing because I was having a really hard time adjusting to such a repetitive environment.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Louy7zH9guw
sonidero wrote:Roll a plus 13 for fire and with my immunity to wack I dodge the cough and pass a turn to chill and look at these rocks...

kbithecrowing wrote:Making out with my girl friday night, I couldn't stop thinking about flangers.

Achtane

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby odontophobia » Tue Oct 02, 2018 10:09 am

Achtane wrote:Like a third of our department at Stihl got laid off today, but it's a mixed blessing because I was having a really hard time adjusting to such a repetitive environment.

You get paid off then or just taking on some new work?
odontophobia

Supporter
Supporter

Postby Achtane » Tue Oct 02, 2018 11:59 am

We got paid for yesterday. Haha. But now I have to find a job ASAP.
They only hire through a temp agency and it's usually 12-14 months before you get bought out and hired permanently. They laid off all the temps in one go.

I felt really bad for my buddy though...yesterday was the first day of his 11th month.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Louy7zH9guw
sonidero wrote:Roll a plus 13 for fire and with my immunity to wack I dodge the cough and pass a turn to chill and look at these rocks...

kbithecrowing wrote:Making out with my girl friday night, I couldn't stop thinking about flangers.

Achtane

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby odontophobia » Tue Oct 02, 2018 6:07 pm

Achtane wrote:We got paid for yesterday. Haha. But now I have to find a job ASAP.
They only hire through a temp agency and it's usually 12-14 months before you get bought out and hired permanently. They laid off all the temps in one go.

I felt really bad for my buddy though...yesterday was the first day of his 11th month.

Good luck dude.
odontophobia

Supporter
Supporter

Postby Mudfuzz » Sun Oct 07, 2018 4:23 pm

I blows my mind how much people still care and about fender and gibson.. talk about boring.
Mudfuzz

HERO
HERO

Postby BetterOffShred » Sun Oct 07, 2018 5:57 pm

:idk:

I mean sure, there are better things out there, but I mean you can spend the same money on a real pile. I'm a long time Ibanez fan, and I really love their guitars for the money. It's like craft beer man. Sure I'll drink a Coors or whatever.. but the place down the street that makes their own grapefruit sour .. for 12$ a pint... of course tastes better
BetterOffShred

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Mudfuzz » Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:22 pm

BetterOffShred wrote::idk:

I mean sure, there are better things out there, but I mean you can spend the same money on a real pile. I'm a long time Ibanez fan, and I really love their guitars for the money. It's like craft beer man. Sure I'll drink a Coors or whatever.. but the place down the street that makes their own grapefruit sour .. for 12$ a pint... of course tastes better

It's more Oooooooooo! Coors changed their motherfucking can color ever so slightly dude! fuck yeah! we need to buy more cuz it be like the can is a new fucking color yo!

But beer is not a good analogy for me :lol: I hate craft beer as much as 'merKin pissbeer :lol: I really only like Guinness :idk:

What I am saying is I don't care is the 2018 lesacaster is blue and the new telepaul is green and don't get why anyone would find it interesting.. I mean there are trains to be spotted, stamps to collect and pet rocks to feed.
Mudfuzz

HERO
HERO

Postby dubkitty » Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:38 pm

i like Fender and Gibson designs above most other electric guitars simply because i can get more sounds i like from them than other guitars. the fetishism is pretty mind-boggling, though, especially when it starts getting into $5000+ custom shop Fenders with laughably unconvincing "heavy relic" jobs, $10k prices for a decent vintage-spec sunburst Les Paul, and signature models so garishly specific as to be silly. who the hell buys those SRV models anyway? i've never seen one outside a music store. for my Fender needs i can buy/mod Squiers or less expensive Fenders to suit; i like to pair better-quality necks with inexpensive bodies and higher-end PUs. really, all i want/need from a Fender is good pickups and a body that's reasonably lightweight in a color i like. for Gibsons i like Tokai Les Paul variants and better-quality 00s Epiphones for the other designs peculiar to Gibson like the SG, Firebird, Explorer, and Flying V.

i'd be even more interested in Gretsch than i am if a good one wasn't north of two thousand dollars. i also have a healthy interest in Guild electrics, fiberglass guitars, and weird 1960s German shit, but like Gretsch they're more limited in application and tend to be more costly than they are useful.

dubkitty

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby BetterOffShred » Mon Oct 08, 2018 11:53 pm

Mudfuzz wrote:
BetterOffShred wrote::idk:

It's more Oooooooooo! Coors changed their motherfucking can color ever so slightly dude! fuck yeah! we need to buy more cuz it be like the can is a new fucking color yo!

But beer is not a good analogy for me :lol: I hate craft beer as much as 'merKin pissbeer :lol: I really only like Guinness :idk:

What I am saying is I don't care is the 2018 lesacaster is blue and the new telepaul is green and don't get why anyone would find it interesting.. I mean there are trains to be spotted, stamps to collect and pet rocks to feed.

Yeah that's fair, I just mean that nearly all things these days feature an "artisan" offering or two.. I just don't think it makes them better. Fender and Gibson have the disadvantage of having iconic product lines that aside from a few small tweaks and changes in production techniques, otherwise remain pretty much unchanged. I like those offerings but yes, there's no way I'm paying over maybe $600 for a strat or Tele, and maybe say $1500 for a Paul.

So you have a bunch of "craft" guitar manufacturers that make guitars in some gimmicky fashion, like those old skateboard deck guitars :picard: but still charge a lot for it. And that one company .. Ethereal maybe.. Lots of points and carbon fiber etc.. sure it's different, but that doesn't make it good.

That being said there are lots of fantastic guitars out there these days. I really like looking at what some of the guys on ProjectGuitar are doing..
BetterOffShred

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Mudfuzz » Tue Oct 09, 2018 2:12 am

Exactly. There are people doing cool stuff, if I didn't build my own stuff I'd be a bit more into them, but still the are a few that blow me away designwise... That is one of the fun parts to instagram :lol: the skateboard thing yeah... Actually the best skate board guitar I've ev r seen was at guitarville over 15 years ago, some guy had ripped apart a old Jackson and bolted the parts to a super funky old skateboard, I want to say there was some pedal or something stuck to it too :thumb: it was so ugly it was great.
Mudfuzz

HERO
HERO

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion