The what ever thread...

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: The what ever thread...

Postby morange » Wed Dec 10, 2014 4:40 am

Who put you on this dirty effects forum!?
morange

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby gunslinger_burrito » Wed Dec 10, 2014 12:26 pm

Maybe they're twins......
gunslinger_burrito

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby bob the r0bot » Thu Dec 11, 2014 1:40 am

Thinking about trying to incorporate a dj controller into my set up for crazy, vib-ribbon tier, time-warping and sample mangling. Anyone have any experience with dj equipment abuse?

reference track
SPOILER : show
soundcloud................https://soundcloud.com/datingsite
My vanity label.............https://newemotive.bandcamp.com/releases (new stuff added 12/4/16)

Check out my rack.........https://www.modulargrid.net/e/racks/view/178913
kusherment wrote:Weed is kushed by hitting other weed.
bob the r0bot

Supporter
Supporter

Postby gunslinger_burrito » Thu Dec 11, 2014 3:28 pm

When you guys think to yourselves do you think using "I" or do you talk to yourself in your head and say "you?"

I noticed that I always do the latter and it seems kind of weird for some reason...... :idk:
gunslinger_burrito

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby Twangasaurus » Thu Dec 11, 2014 4:21 pm

I think I use "you" as well. It's probably influenced by watching too many movie and tv shows that have characters monologuing in third person. *Slap hands to face* "Comeowwwnnn! You can do this Twangasaurus, coach said youse got the best double backflip giga-glide in the entire squadron!"
Lobstrosity wrote:Dad-a-chum? Dod-a-chock?
Twangasaurus

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby Pepe » Thu Dec 11, 2014 4:41 pm

What about third person singular? :D
Pepe at YouTube and Instagram
Pepe

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby alexa. » Thu Dec 11, 2014 6:01 pm

bob the r0bot wrote:Thinking about trying to incorporate a dj controller into my set up for crazy, vib-ribbon tier, time-warping and sample mangling. Anyone have any experience with dj equipment abuse?

reference track
SPOILER : show

I've been fantasizing about doing DJ sets with a drummachine, synths and vocals through effects, to enchant the transit between songs, and also change the song up a bit. Idk not sure how such a thing would work during practical applications. With vinyl ye, perhaps doable, with traktor or sth similar? Too much mind-ram is used right off the bat, and adding effects/instruments would be pretty hard, but something to get used to.

What is ur current setup anyway?
L00PZ!
rfurtkamp wrote:Bastard stepchild of modern delay times/looping and a Lexicon Vortex would have me whipping out the credit card faster than a hooker at a coke convention.
alexa.

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby bob the r0bot » Thu Dec 11, 2014 9:21 pm

alexa. wrote:
I've been fantasizing about doing DJ sets with a drummachine, synths and vocals through effects, to enchant the transit between songs, and also change the song up a bit. Idk not sure how such a thing would work during practical applications. With vinyl ye, perhaps doable, with traktor or sth similar? Too much mind-ram is used right off the bat, and adding effects/instruments would be pretty hard, but something to get used to.

What is ur current setup anyway?

My current set up is just a normal guitar dude stuff, with the addition of an sp404. What I was planning on doing was getting a cheap dj software controller and using it with serato to time-warp/scratch samples and tracks before taking them back into reaper. I'd probably try to do a weird video game music dj set to justify it though.
soundcloud................https://soundcloud.com/datingsite
My vanity label.............https://newemotive.bandcamp.com/releases (new stuff added 12/4/16)

Check out my rack.........https://www.modulargrid.net/e/racks/view/178913
kusherment wrote:Weed is kushed by hitting other weed.
bob the r0bot

Supporter
Supporter

Postby alexa. » Fri Dec 12, 2014 9:32 am

Haha, well sounds nice. I'm still on the fence of using computers or not. A part of me is "Come on, analog sound is analog sound", and a part of me is "Digital can also sound nice" so I'm frimmin on the frim fram atm.

Have you looked into launchpads?

Just watched this. Mininova looks so fun O_o
L00PZ!
rfurtkamp wrote:Bastard stepchild of modern delay times/looping and a Lexicon Vortex would have me whipping out the credit card faster than a hooker at a coke convention.
alexa.

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby backwardsvoyager » Fri Dec 12, 2014 12:40 pm

I've been sleeping on futons a lot lately and it's making me think, what the hell is the point of a bed with a frame and mattress? They're far more expensive, time consuming to prepare properly, they take up space permanently, they're noisy and springy and squeaky, no more comfortable either in my opinion. I can't think of a single advantage.
I must be the weird one right? Nothing makes sense.
backwardsvoyager

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Twangasaurus » Fri Dec 12, 2014 12:53 pm

Bugs and mice and back problems. I like the idea of futons but having lived in a house with a mouse problem for a bit I REALLY want that elevation yo.
Lobstrosity wrote:Dad-a-chum? Dod-a-chock?
Twangasaurus

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby jfrey » Fri Dec 12, 2014 1:00 pm

backwardsvoyager wrote:I've been sleeping on futons a lot lately and it's making me think, what the hell is the point of a bed with a frame and mattress? They're far more expensive, time consuming to prepare properly, they take up space permanently, they're noisy and springy and squeaky, no more comfortable either in my opinion. I can't think of a single advantage.
I must be the weird one right? Nothing makes sense.

Better size for 2 people?
D.o.S. wrote:You're like a walking Mad Men episode.

BitchPudding wrote:DO WHAT MUST BE DONE, LORD JFREY.

friendship wrote:one cool thing about living is that things get worse and worse and worse until you die

My music rec Twitter: https://twitter.com/MostlyEssential
jfrey

Supporter
Supporter

Postby backwardsvoyager » Fri Dec 12, 2014 1:07 pm

jfrey wrote:Better size for 2 people?

trust me to not consider that there are people who aren't alone :lol: :no:
If you put two side by side it's really the same thing though. Plus no blanket hogging issues if there's two

Twangasaurus wrote:Bugs and mice and back problems. I like the idea of futons but having lived in a house with a mouse problem for a bit I REALLY want that elevation yo.

Hmmm I see. I guess those can all be prevented to an extent for most people but not everybody.
I am definitely converting to futon kvlt when I move out though.
backwardsvoyager

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Wes Mantooth » Fri Dec 12, 2014 5:31 pm

I have a lot more space to shove my messes under my bed as opposed to a futon :idk:
Wes Mantooth

Supporter
Supporter

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion