THE BEER THREAD(?)----->!!!

Moderators: metalmariachi, PumpkinPieces

Re: THE BEER THREAD(?)----->!!!

Postby CBA » Sat Apr 14, 2012 9:35 pm

adrianlee wrote:I'm on a north peak kick. Wanderer session IPA? Fuck yeah.

I'm not a huge North Peak fan, but I had a Furry Black IPA the other night and it was pleasant. Like a chocolate IPA or something.

Sucking on Oberon today... not the best, but it's cheap and local!

C
CBA

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby adrianlee » Sat Apr 14, 2012 9:45 pm

CBA wrote:

I'm not a huge North Peak fan, but I had a Furry Black IPA the other night and it was pleasant. Like a chocolate IPA or something.

C

Oberon is dece. I had a really bad batch of it already this season. but, i had a great one as well. So, cant complain too much. Bell's porter for me, tonight. Always a good one.
adrianlee

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby CBA » Sat Apr 14, 2012 10:41 pm

adrianlee wrote:
CBA wrote:

C

Oberon is dece. I had a really bad batch of it already this season. but, i had a great one as well. So, cant complain too much. Bell's porter for me, tonight. Always a good one.

Yeah dude, it's like every other year Oberon is :facepalm: . Two years ago it was pretty bad, last year it was good, this year it's good for the most part. Bell's is always consistent; I think that people go so ass-bonkers over Oberon that Bell's overdoes the production and there are some duds in there.

Enjoy your Porter! The weather calls for it. :grumpy:

C
CBA

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby JamesHommersen » Sat Apr 14, 2012 10:56 pm

I would like to see more American microbrews in Canada...try a bunch of different stuff you know? I know a beer store opened up, I think in Cambridge, that specializes in micro and craft brews. They run their place like the stock markets...if the demand for a particular beer is high then the price goes up, if it is low then the price is lower, it's a pretty cool concept. I'll definitely be hitting that place up soon. Any recommendations?
JamesHommersen

Supporter
Supporter

Postby Jeff-7 » Sat Apr 14, 2012 11:05 pm

I'm a big fan of Boulevard, but they're a Midwest microbrew so I'm not sure if you'll find it up there.
Good deals with: Officer Bukowski, Caesar, BriBri, Amorphous, ThePastRecedes
Jeff-7

experienced
experienced

Postby CBA » Sat Apr 14, 2012 11:23 pm

JamesHommersen wrote:I would like to see more American microbrews in Canada...try a bunch of different stuff you know? I know a beer store opened up, I think in Cambridge, that specializes in micro and craft brews. They run their place like the stock markets...if the demand for a particular beer is high then the price goes up, if it is low then the price is lower, it's a pretty cool concept. I'll definitely be hitting that place up soon. Any recommendations?

What more do you need than Unibroue?

I guess they don't have an IPA, but still. I've mentioned La Fin Du Monde like 80 times in this thread.

C

P.S. I'm just being hyperbolic.
CBA

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby adrianlee » Sat Apr 14, 2012 11:56 pm

CBA wrote:
JamesHommersen wrote:I would like to see more American microbrews in Canada...try a bunch of different stuff you know? I know a beer store opened up, I think in Cambridge, that specializes in micro and craft brews. They run their place like the stock markets...if the demand for a particular beer is high then the price goes up, if it is low then the price is lower, it's a pretty cool concept. I'll definitely be hitting that place up soon. Any recommendations?

What more do you need than Unibroue?

I guess they don't have an IPA, but still. I've mentioned La Fin Du Monde like 80 times in this thread.

C

P.S. I'm just being hyperbolic.

:thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :drool: :drool: :drool: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:
adrianlee

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby huggernaut » Mon Apr 16, 2012 1:12 pm

CBA wrote:
adrianlee wrote:
CBA wrote:

C

Yeah dude, it's like every other year Oberon is :facepalm: . Two years ago it was pretty bad, last year it was good, this year it's good for the most part. Bell's is always consistent; I think that people go so ass-bonkers over Oberon that Bell's overdoes the production and there are some duds in there.

Enjoy your Porter! The weather calls for it. :grumpy:

C

Bell's is definitely one of my favorite breweries overall though. Oberon's not really my style, but 2 hearted and Kalamazoo Stout are two goto beers for me quite often.

Bell's stuff in general is just so nicely balanced. Totally love them.
CBA wrote:All anyone really "needs" is a fuzzbox anyway. Everything else is just dicking around.
huggernaut

committed
committed

Postby foomanfat » Thu Apr 19, 2012 6:06 pm

Hey! Let's talk about serious thing. We're gonna talk about guitar, dude.
Josh Scogin wrote:Our stuff breaks a lot and, on top of that, we're not very good, so when we play, ya know, it feels kinda 'real.' That's what we say instead of 'sloppy.'
foomanfat

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby adrianlee » Thu Apr 19, 2012 7:25 pm

foomanfat wrote:Image

How is this milk stout?
adrianlee

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby foomanfat » Thu Apr 19, 2012 7:59 pm

adrianlee wrote:
foomanfat wrote:[img]http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7081/6948544404_861b737a09_z.jpg[img]

How is this milk stout?

It is kind of odd. I was initially thrown by it's sweetness. It's not overly sweet, by any means, but it's a nice change from my usual porter. I like it.
I can't really compare it to anything as it's the only sweet beer (let alone milk stout) I've had.
Last edited by foomanfat on Thu Apr 19, 2012 8:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hey! Let's talk about serious thing. We're gonna talk about guitar, dude.
Josh Scogin wrote:Our stuff breaks a lot and, on top of that, we're not very good, so when we play, ya know, it feels kinda 'real.' That's what we say instead of 'sloppy.'
foomanfat

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby adrianlee » Thu Apr 19, 2012 8:01 pm

foomanfat wrote:
adrianlee wrote:
foomanfat wrote:[img]http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7081/6948544404_861b737a09_z.jpg[img]

How is this milk stout?

It is kind of odd. I was initially thrown by it's sweetness (not overly sweet, by any means), but it's a nice change from my usual porter. I like it.

I'll have to find it!

I'm drinking a local IPA. Elevator three frogs. It's pretty excellent.
adrianlee

IAMILF
IAMILF

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion