· Gen · Guit · · Bldrs · B/S/T ·

Switch to full style
General discussion at the Wang Bar.
Post a reply

Re: THE BEER THREAD(?)----->!!!

Thu Apr 12, 2012 8:47 pm

foomanfat wrote:Ordered a fat tire at ruby tuesdays and got the most confused look from the waitress.
I had to point it out in the drink menu. :facepalm:

LOL drinking that tonight.

Last night I had a 6 of Evoluotion Lucky 7 Porter

I scored a couple bottles of Dogfish 75min ipa. I've only ever had that at the brewpub. That'll be tomorrow.

Thu Apr 12, 2012 9:02 pm

Caesar wrote:I scored a couple bottles of Dogfish 75min ipa. I've only ever had that at the brewpub. That'll be tomorrow.

Dogfish is awesome, you'll enjoy it for sure.

Thu Apr 12, 2012 9:03 pm

drinking Long Trail Double Bag from the kegerator while working a night shift tonight. Love it.

Thu Apr 12, 2012 9:04 pm

foomanfat wrote:Ordered a fat tire at ruby tuesdays and got the most confused look from the waitress.

Yeah, what were you even doing there in the first place? :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :hello: :D

Thu Apr 12, 2012 9:10 pm

Chankgeez wrote:

Yeah, what were you even doing there in the first place? :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :hello: :D

:P Dinner with my parents.
But, I mean, come on. Your beer list should be basic menu knowledge.

Sat Apr 14, 2012 8:31 pm

Innis & Gunn Irish Whiskey Cask Stout. A solid reward to myself for finishing my exams!

Sat Apr 14, 2012 8:39 pm

Innis & Gunn is great!

Sat Apr 14, 2012 8:40 pm

foomanfat wrote:
Chankgeez wrote:

:P Dinner with my parents.
But, I mean, come on. Your beer list should be basic menu knowledge.

True. True, but they really only know what sells.

Funnily enough, my parents like that place too.

Sat Apr 14, 2012 9:20 pm

First weekend off since November, it's a celebration bitches. This Porter is pretty damn tasty, well everything in this box is.

Sat Apr 14, 2012 9:35 pm

adrianlee wrote:I'm on a north peak kick. Wanderer session IPA? Fuck yeah.

I'm not a huge North Peak fan, but I had a Furry Black IPA the other night and it was pleasant. Like a chocolate IPA or something.

Sucking on Oberon today... not the best, but it's cheap and local!

C

Sat Apr 14, 2012 9:45 pm

CBA wrote:

I'm not a huge North Peak fan, but I had a Furry Black IPA the other night and it was pleasant. Like a chocolate IPA or something.

C

Oberon is dece. I had a really bad batch of it already this season. but, i had a great one as well. So, cant complain too much. Bell's porter for me, tonight. Always a good one.

Sat Apr 14, 2012 10:41 pm

adrianlee wrote:
CBA wrote:

C

Oberon is dece. I had a really bad batch of it already this season. but, i had a great one as well. So, cant complain too much. Bell's porter for me, tonight. Always a good one.

Yeah dude, it's like every other year Oberon is :facepalm: . Two years ago it was pretty bad, last year it was good, this year it's good for the most part. Bell's is always consistent; I think that people go so ass-bonkers over Oberon that Bell's overdoes the production and there are some duds in there.

Enjoy your Porter! The weather calls for it. :grumpy:

C

Sat Apr 14, 2012 10:56 pm

I would like to see more American microbrews in Canada...try a bunch of different stuff you know? I know a beer store opened up, I think in Cambridge, that specializes in micro and craft brews. They run their place like the stock markets...if the demand for a particular beer is high then the price goes up, if it is low then the price is lower, it's a pretty cool concept. I'll definitely be hitting that place up soon. Any recommendations?

Sat Apr 14, 2012 11:05 pm

I'm a big fan of Boulevard, but they're a Midwest microbrew so I'm not sure if you'll find it up there.

Sat Apr 14, 2012 11:23 pm

JamesHommersen wrote:I would like to see more American microbrews in Canada...try a bunch of different stuff you know? I know a beer store opened up, I think in Cambridge, that specializes in micro and craft brews. They run their place like the stock markets...if the demand for a particular beer is high then the price goes up, if it is low then the price is lower, it's a pretty cool concept. I'll definitely be hitting that place up soon. Any recommendations?

What more do you need than Unibroue?

I guess they don't have an IPA, but still. I've mentioned La Fin Du Monde like 80 times in this thread.

C

P.S. I'm just being hyperbolic.
Post a reply