THE BEER THREAD(?)----->!!!

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: THE BEER THREAD(?)----->!!!

Postby CBA » Sat Apr 14, 2012 9:35 pm

adrianlee wrote:I'm on a north peak kick. Wanderer session IPA? Fuck yeah.

I'm not a huge North Peak fan, but I had a Furry Black IPA the other night and it was pleasant. Like a chocolate IPA or something.

Sucking on Oberon today... not the best, but it's cheap and local!

C
CBA

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby adrianlee » Sat Apr 14, 2012 9:45 pm

CBA wrote:

I'm not a huge North Peak fan, but I had a Furry Black IPA the other night and it was pleasant. Like a chocolate IPA or something.

C

Oberon is dece. I had a really bad batch of it already this season. but, i had a great one as well. So, cant complain too much. Bell's porter for me, tonight. Always a good one.
adrianlee

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby CBA » Sat Apr 14, 2012 10:41 pm

adrianlee wrote:
CBA wrote:

C

Oberon is dece. I had a really bad batch of it already this season. but, i had a great one as well. So, cant complain too much. Bell's porter for me, tonight. Always a good one.

Yeah dude, it's like every other year Oberon is :facepalm: . Two years ago it was pretty bad, last year it was good, this year it's good for the most part. Bell's is always consistent; I think that people go so ass-bonkers over Oberon that Bell's overdoes the production and there are some duds in there.

Enjoy your Porter! The weather calls for it. :grumpy:

C
CBA

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby JamesHommersen » Sat Apr 14, 2012 10:56 pm

I would like to see more American microbrews in Canada...try a bunch of different stuff you know? I know a beer store opened up, I think in Cambridge, that specializes in micro and craft brews. They run their place like the stock markets...if the demand for a particular beer is high then the price goes up, if it is low then the price is lower, it's a pretty cool concept. I'll definitely be hitting that place up soon. Any recommendations?
JamesHommersen

Supporter
Supporter

Postby Jeff-7 » Sat Apr 14, 2012 11:05 pm

I'm a big fan of Boulevard, but they're a Midwest microbrew so I'm not sure if you'll find it up there.
Good deals with: Officer Bukowski, Caesar, BriBri, Amorphous, ThePastRecedes
Jeff-7

experienced
experienced

Postby CBA » Sat Apr 14, 2012 11:23 pm

JamesHommersen wrote:I would like to see more American microbrews in Canada...try a bunch of different stuff you know? I know a beer store opened up, I think in Cambridge, that specializes in micro and craft brews. They run their place like the stock markets...if the demand for a particular beer is high then the price goes up, if it is low then the price is lower, it's a pretty cool concept. I'll definitely be hitting that place up soon. Any recommendations?

What more do you need than Unibroue?

I guess they don't have an IPA, but still. I've mentioned La Fin Du Monde like 80 times in this thread.

C

P.S. I'm just being hyperbolic.
CBA

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby adrianlee » Sat Apr 14, 2012 11:56 pm

CBA wrote:
JamesHommersen wrote:I would like to see more American microbrews in Canada...try a bunch of different stuff you know? I know a beer store opened up, I think in Cambridge, that specializes in micro and craft brews. They run their place like the stock markets...if the demand for a particular beer is high then the price goes up, if it is low then the price is lower, it's a pretty cool concept. I'll definitely be hitting that place up soon. Any recommendations?

What more do you need than Unibroue?

I guess they don't have an IPA, but still. I've mentioned La Fin Du Monde like 80 times in this thread.

C

P.S. I'm just being hyperbolic.

:thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :drool: :drool: :drool: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:
adrianlee

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby huggernaut » Mon Apr 16, 2012 1:12 pm

CBA wrote:
adrianlee wrote:
CBA wrote:

C

Yeah dude, it's like every other year Oberon is :facepalm: . Two years ago it was pretty bad, last year it was good, this year it's good for the most part. Bell's is always consistent; I think that people go so ass-bonkers over Oberon that Bell's overdoes the production and there are some duds in there.

Enjoy your Porter! The weather calls for it. :grumpy:

C

Bell's is definitely one of my favorite breweries overall though. Oberon's not really my style, but 2 hearted and Kalamazoo Stout are two goto beers for me quite often.

Bell's stuff in general is just so nicely balanced. Totally love them.
CBA wrote:All anyone really "needs" is a fuzzbox anyway. Everything else is just dicking around.
huggernaut

committed
committed

Postby foomanfat » Thu Apr 19, 2012 6:06 pm

Hey! Let's talk about serious thing. We're gonna talk about guitar, dude.
daseb wrote:sorry dude, I apologise, val kilmer was a great songwriter and truly understood the mystic ways of the native american.
foomanfat

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby adrianlee » Thu Apr 19, 2012 7:25 pm

foomanfat wrote:Image

How is this milk stout?
adrianlee

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby foomanfat » Thu Apr 19, 2012 7:59 pm

adrianlee wrote:
foomanfat wrote:[img]http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7081/6948544404_861b737a09_z.jpg[img]

How is this milk stout?

It is kind of odd. I was initially thrown by it's sweetness. It's not overly sweet, by any means, but it's a nice change from my usual porter. I like it.
I can't really compare it to anything as it's the only sweet beer (let alone milk stout) I've had.
Last edited by foomanfat on Thu Apr 19, 2012 8:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hey! Let's talk about serious thing. We're gonna talk about guitar, dude.
daseb wrote:sorry dude, I apologise, val kilmer was a great songwriter and truly understood the mystic ways of the native american.
foomanfat

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby adrianlee » Thu Apr 19, 2012 8:01 pm

foomanfat wrote:
adrianlee wrote:
foomanfat wrote:[img]http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7081/6948544404_861b737a09_z.jpg[img]

How is this milk stout?

It is kind of odd. I was initially thrown by it's sweetness (not overly sweet, by any means), but it's a nice change from my usual porter. I like it.

I'll have to find it!

I'm drinking a local IPA. Elevator three frogs. It's pretty excellent.
adrianlee

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby CBA » Thu Apr 19, 2012 8:41 pm

Chillin' on the Founders Red's Rye Pale Ale tip. Had it a million times, just chiming in.

C
CBA

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby psilly » Thu Apr 19, 2012 9:03 pm

I think I'll have to search for some of that milk stout. I really enjoy the Left hand milk stout.
psilly

interested
interested

Postby JamesHommersen » Thu Apr 19, 2012 11:46 pm

The milk stout looks interesting, if I ever see it I'll try it out. Currently enjoying a Dead Elephant IPA.
JamesHommersen

Supporter
Supporter

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion