THE BEER THREAD(?)----->!!!

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: THE BEER THREAD(?)----->!!!

Postby untilshewokeme » Mon Mar 23, 2015 7:29 pm

resincum wrote:sippin on stone's japanese green tea ipa right now, so good

I have been seeing a couple of green tea infused IPAs lately. How green tea-y and how hoppy was it?
untilshewokeme

experienced
experienced

Postby Iommic Pope » Mon Mar 23, 2015 10:40 pm

I just discovered American pale ales. Those Columbus hops. Nice.
The only variation I can find down here is James Squire's Hop Thief.
Not sure what to look out for in these if they pop up. Any suggestions?
WWPD?
fcknoise wrote:You are all fucking tryhard effort posting nerds

Invisible Man wrote:I'm probably the most humble person I know. I feel good about smelling my own butthole.

Jesus Was a Robot wrote:Did you just assume Billy Corgan's dildo preference??
Iommic Pope

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby untilshewokeme » Mon Apr 06, 2015 2:46 pm

What I picked up this passed weekend. In the 750s was a 100% mosaic ipa and a milk stout with organic vanilla and toasted coconut. Both very delicious. And, in my opinion, the KBS is worth the hype.
untilshewokeme

experienced
experienced

Postby pelliott » Tue Apr 07, 2015 2:39 pm

^^^^ I picked up some KBS last week too. Good times hunting around Nashville for it. Had a bottle over the weekend and it was excellent (so much vanilla as it warms!) but looking forward to cellaring the rest for a few months for them to smooth out a bit. A little hot for me right now.

How is that Mosaic IPA? Sounds good af.

Also, got some Heady Topper, Hill Farmstead Arthur, and Second Fiddle coming my way next week! So excited. So very excite.
pelliott

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby D.o.S. » Tue Apr 07, 2015 5:57 pm

Found a place stocking Lagunitas All Day IPA cans and bottles within walking distance a couple weeks ago. Just in time for the warm weather.
good deals are here.
escapecraft is here.
UglyCasanova wrote: It's not the expensive programs you use, it's the way you click and drag.

Achtane wrote:
comesect2.0 wrote:Michael Jackson king tut little Richard in your butt.

IT'S THE ENNNND OF THE WORRRLD AS WE KNOW IT
D.o.S.

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby untilshewokeme » Wed Apr 08, 2015 7:06 pm

pelliott wrote:^^^^ I picked up some KBS last week too. Good times hunting around Nashville for it. Had a bottle over the weekend and it was excellent (so much vanilla as it warms!) but looking forward to cellaring the rest for a few months for them to smooth out a bit. A little hot for me right now.

How is that Mosaic IPA? Sounds good af.

Also, got some Heady Topper, Hill Farmstead Arthur, and Second Fiddle coming my way next week! So excited. So very excite.

The 100% Mosaic IPA is from a new micro brewery called Steady Habits. It was called delicious. Very smooth. It's called A Hop and A Dream and they are constantly changing the recipe. This one was the best so far.
untilshewokeme

experienced
experienced

Postby pelliott » Sat Apr 18, 2015 12:08 am

i drank Second Fiddle and Heady Topper tonight who wants to touch me
pelliott

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby Andrew » Sat Apr 18, 2015 5:19 am

As someone who won't ever be able to try Heady/Pliney/Any other wanky DIPA. Are they that good? Or would I still get the same fix from having a fresh Brew?
Andrew

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby fcknoise » Sat Apr 18, 2015 6:05 am

So unusual for me as a swede to read about places that don't stock certain stuff. We get our beers from the state, and they usually have almost everything imaginable in stock. A lot of stuff sucks about the monopoly, but that is a pro I haven't really thought about. Can't really say much about beers right now, lately I've been into Swedish micro breweries. The lagunitas IPA is really good though. I like the bigger bottles on that one haha
Cydonia wrote: Too bad no one here is interested in talking about "gear"

BossMann73 wrote:I didn't insult it......I "curated" a "different aesthetic.".

John wrote:I love how this forum has the GDP of Switzerland in pedals but the collective value of everyone's patch cables is less than the change in my couch cushions. And I don't have a couch.

Soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/sharkmovieappriciator
Bandcamp: https://fcknoise.bandcamp.com/
fcknoise

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Tristan » Sat Apr 18, 2015 6:55 am

Naerke is awesome, ever been there?
By the way, I just joined Untappd, any of you guys on there?
good deals with: the_brow, phantasmagorovich, alexsga, DarkAxel, goroth, The Wood Wizard, Tendollarcat, vbps, monkeydancer, intothegroove, Brobee
Tristan

Supporter
Supporter

Postby fcknoise » Sat Apr 18, 2015 9:16 am

Tristan wrote:Naerke is awesome, ever been there?
By the way, I just joined Untappd, any of you guys on there?

I have some cousins in Örebro, and I've been there a few times! Favorite parts of Sweden is malmö (way south) and the north in general! No, never heard of it. What is it?

John wrote:I love how this forum has the GDP of Switzerland in pedals but the collective value of everyone's patch cables is less than the change in my couch cushions. And I don't have a couch.

fcknoise

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Tristan » Sat Apr 18, 2015 9:24 am

I love their beers, it's one of my favourite breweries. :)
Untappd is some kind of beer community app, I mostly use it to make / share a list of my favourite beers.
good deals with: the_brow, phantasmagorovich, alexsga, DarkAxel, goroth, The Wood Wizard, Tendollarcat, vbps, monkeydancer, intothegroove, Brobee
Tristan

Supporter
Supporter

Postby pelliott » Sat Apr 18, 2015 6:16 pm

Andrew wrote:As someone who won't ever be able to try Heady/Pliney/Any other wanky DIPA. Are they that good? Or would I still get the same fix from having a fresh Brew?

I went to college in Vermont and so I will always be a homer for those beers, but they are phenomenal. I don't know what Aussie's beer scene is like, to be honest, but a great, fresh IPA will always blow me away. It's probably not worth it to have someone ship a volatile beer like that across the ocean if you have really good, and FRESH beer available to you now, but if you ever come to the US, hitting up some brewpubs is totally worth it.

Fresh Heady is unreal, I will say. Pretty much every great beer is overhyped and arguably overrated to some extent, because people like what they like (a lot of people on the beeradvocate and ratebeer like either SUPER HOPPY or SUPER SWEET or CRRRAZZZZY SOUR, and then momentum takes over when a beer starts getting high ratings, sometimes due to rarity/trade value), but it IS probably my favorite beer, because the combination of dank, fresh nose with the citrus and tropical flavor is pretty much my dream IPA. For an 8% DIPA it's amazingly light, drinkable, and not bitter, per se, but still that satisfying resinous sensation, but it's more tangerine-flavored than straight tongue-punishing bitterness.

Second Fiddle is creeping up on it, though. First time I've had SF fresh, and that beer is incredible. It's super dank, too, but then it tastes like papaya and melon.

VT is producing these crazy good IPAs (it's something in the water. no, really) that every time I have one it is undeniably head and shoulders better than 99% of the competition, but almost everywhere you go in the US now, there's a readily available, fresh, delicious IPA that you don't need to go crazy trying to track down the best of the best stuff, really.
pelliott

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby fcknoise » Sat Apr 18, 2015 6:56 pm

Hey, actually worked in a new bar today and had a beer tasting before work (to know what to say and how it all tastes and stuff), and I tried two fantastic beers. Nya Carnegie Bryggeriet, Amber and Kellerbier. Amber is an ale and Kellerbier is an unfiltered lager. If anyone is in Stockholm anytime, let me buy you a Kellerbier and we'll discuss

fcknoise

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby hbombgraphics » Sun Apr 19, 2015 1:15 am

Tsingtao for me,
grabbed a few 500ml cans for the afternoon
day off party!!!!!!
Gunner Recall wrote:This thread is bad and everyone in it should feel bad.

Iommic Pope wrote:This thread is mediocre at best, but I encourage everyone posting in it to feel as awesome as possible.

https://soundcloud.com/hbombgraphics
hbombgraphics

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion