THE BEER THREAD(?)----->!!!

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: THE BEER THREAD(?)----->!!!

Postby jfrey » Mon Mar 12, 2012 3:31 pm

hazefuzz wrote:I'm not kiddding

Are we gonna talk or are we gonna talk?
D.o.S. wrote:You're like a walking Mad Men episode.

BitchPudding wrote:DO WHAT MUST BE DONE, LORD JFREY.

friendship wrote:one cool thing about living is that things get worse and worse and worse until you die

My music rec Twitter: https://twitter.com/MostlyEssential
jfrey

Supporter
Supporter

Postby foomanfat » Mon Mar 12, 2012 10:54 pm

Update: I like Highland Oatmeal Porter a lot.

Hey! Let's talk about serious thing. We're gonna talk about guitar, dude.
daseb wrote:sorry dude, I apologise, val kilmer was a great songwriter and truly understood the mystic ways of the native american.
foomanfat

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Caesar » Wed Mar 14, 2012 10:18 am

foomanfat wrote:Tried the Ruthless Rye, not my thing. Too spice. Too spice.

Drank a bunch of it last night. Not sure about the rye. Seems like a hoppy IPA. I liked it.
A long time ago, in a galaxy far far away, God said, "Let there be Lips!" And there were, and they were good, and the lips said...

http://soundcloud.com/gaiusrex
Caesar

Supporter
Supporter

Postby adrianlee » Wed Mar 14, 2012 10:21 am

My bassist always brings this shit around. If we're going cheap, High Life or gtfo. For realz.
adrianlee

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby jfrey » Wed Mar 14, 2012 10:58 am

foomanfat wrote:Update: I like Highland Oatmeal Porter a lot.

I want those mega man figurines. I have a Gizmo figurine in front of my comp. From Gremlins.
D.o.S. wrote:You're like a walking Mad Men episode.

BitchPudding wrote:DO WHAT MUST BE DONE, LORD JFREY.

friendship wrote:one cool thing about living is that things get worse and worse and worse until you die

My music rec Twitter: https://twitter.com/MostlyEssential
jfrey

Supporter
Supporter

Postby Rygot » Sun Apr 08, 2012 9:57 pm

I'm gonna go ahead and bump this up since I turned 21 about a week ago...
What I'm currently enjoying most:

As for Beer...

And..

I know this isn't beer, but uhh, don't care. Root Beer is involved, preferably Boylan's or Virgil's, deal with it.

+ Root Beer

Delicious.
Rygot

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby Chankgeez » Sun Apr 08, 2012 10:39 pm

Milwaukee's Best Ice Light
psychic vampire. wrote:The important take away from this thread: Taoism and Ring Modulators go together?
…...........................…
Sweet dealin's: here
"Now, of course, Strega is not a Minimoog… and I am not Sun Ra" - dude from MAKENOISE
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGhbeHujNZQ youtube.com/watch?v=V-2l7kkBURc

Postby the_carl » Sun Apr 08, 2012 10:58 pm

Does there exist a beer for people who don't like bitter things? Having never actually had a beer before, I went to a bar with my sister's fiance and tried a few, and despised all of them. Guinness tasted like burnt coffee. There was some sort of IPA that was almost too bitter to finish. There was also something else that I forget what it was, but it also sucked. Some kind of double white something or other? Sooo yeah. Am I stuck with hard liquors?
the_carl

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby Chankgeez » Sun Apr 08, 2012 11:17 pm

the_carl wrote:Does there exist a beer for people who don't like bitter things? Having never actually had a beer before, I went to a bar with my sister's fiance and tried a few, and despised all of them. Guinness tasted like burnt coffee. There was some sort of IPA that was almost too bitter to finish. There was also something else that I forget what it was, but it also sucked. Some kind of double white something or other? Sooo yeah. Am I stuck with hard liquors?

I think beer in general is sort of an acquired taste.

I think of Guinness as being smooth and malty. I don't like many IPAs because I'm not a great fan of hops. I think there's a trend among brewers to take beer flavor profiles to the extreme. There're so many beers out there right now that aren't well balanced and I think the taste suffers because of it. I'd suggest trying to find a well balanced beer that you like and going from there. I'm sure you'll eventually find something that you like, it'll just be a matter of time. Try as many beers as you can and you'll get a sense of what tastes good to you and what doesn't. Websites like Beer Advocate and Rate Beer may also be helpful.
psychic vampire. wrote:The important take away from this thread: Taoism and Ring Modulators go together?
…...........................…
Sweet dealin's: here
"Now, of course, Strega is not a Minimoog… and I am not Sun Ra" - dude from MAKENOISE
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGhbeHujNZQ youtube.com/watch?v=V-2l7kkBURc

Postby bigchiefbc » Mon Apr 09, 2012 12:16 am

the_carl wrote:Does there exist a beer for people who don't like bitter things? Having never actually had a beer before, I went to a bar with my sister's fiance and tried a few, and despised all of them. Guinness tasted like burnt coffee. There was some sort of IPA that was almost too bitter to finish. There was also something else that I forget what it was, but it also sucked. Some kind of double white something or other? Sooo yeah. Am I stuck with hard liquors?

That bitterness comes from beers that have been over-hopped, which is sadly the big trend in craft beers (especially American ones) the last decade or so. The other big trend that has been done to death is overly-robust stouts. Now, I certainly don't put Guinness in that category, but I could understand why you wouldn't like it.

If you're looking for a beer that isn't overly bitter or roasty, I'd recommend you get a malt-forward beer such as a Scottish Ale, a Marzen/Octoberfest, or a Double Bock. For some of my favorite examples of those styles that are not impossible to find, check out Belhaven's Scottish Ale (or St. Andrews Ale if you can find it), Paulaner's Oktoberfest/Marzen, Ayinger's Celebrator (double bock), and Troeg's Troeginator (double bock). There are better ones of each style, but you should be able to find each of those in any store with a decent beer selection.

They are all smooth, malty styles, with a hint of residual sweetness and are very lightly hopped (just enough to make them not overly sweet).
Buy my gear! viewtopic.php?f=44&t=58763

Achtane wrote:I can hit it with a Blowing Up and it'll just sound awesome instead of like capacitors farting into each others' dicks.

Achtane wrote:
last.fm wrote:Zs makes music that is variously categorized as no-wave, post-jazz, brutal-chamber, brutal-prog, and post minimalist.

srsly?

Fuck you.
bigchiefbc

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby JamesHommersen » Mon Apr 09, 2012 11:29 pm

Pulled this pic from Google but w/e, Hoptical Illusion is amazing.

JamesHommersen

Supporter
Supporter

Postby Joe Gress » Mon Apr 09, 2012 11:36 pm

I have a Trestles IPA from Left Coast Brewery I need to open up one of these nights right now. It looks damn tasty.
awesome signature with witty quotes from all you fuckers :)
Joe Gress

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby Gearmond » Tue Apr 10, 2012 2:06 am

i think bells is my top brewery overall. probably the best year round selection, and the seasonals are usually supoib.

recently had a Jolly Pumpkin Baudelaire Beer iO saison, and despite the edward gorey/pseudo olde timey graphics that i loath, its easily my #2 saison of all time

,':{I> ... your move, Trebek.

http://gearmond.bandcamp.com/

my music for you to put in your earholes :joy:
Gearmond

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby snipelfritz » Tue Apr 10, 2012 2:42 am

HIGH FIVE DUDE! :thumb:

I love my PBR. Otherwise Old Style, Schlitz or High Life are my standard beers (notice a pattern in all of those? hint: check my location).
BOOM-SHAKALAKALAKA-BOOM-SHAKALAKUNGA

Behndy wrote:i don't like people with "talent" and "skills" that don't feel the need to cover their inadequacies under good time happy sounds.
snipelfritz

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby adrianlee » Wed Apr 11, 2012 1:42 pm

I'm on a north peak kick. Wanderer session IPA? Fuck yeah.
adrianlee

IAMILF
IAMILF

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion