THE BEER THREAD(?)----->!!!

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: THE BEER THREAD(?)----->!!!

Postby sylnau » Sat Jan 21, 2012 9:33 am

CBA713 wrote:
Caesar wrote:
I first had La Fin Du Monde at a dinner in Disney World. Slammed 5 bottles during dinner and was majorly wasted. I almost fell in the the big lake in Epcot.

YAAAAAAAH!

Definitely my comfort beer. If you look back far enough in this thread, I'm sure I've already said this, but I describe it as like drinking an electric blanket.

C

Hey cool, something from the Quebec province. :thumb:
"I can't understand why people are frightened of new ideas. I'm frightened of the old ones." --John Cage

http://www.youtube.com/sylnau
sylnau

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Gearmond » Sat Jan 21, 2012 1:15 pm

personally i think La Fin Du Monde is more hyped than Delerium, and its priced about the same, or more expensive.
,':{I> ... your move, Trebek.

http://gearmond.bandcamp.com/

my music for you to put in your earholes :joy:
Gearmond

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Caesar » Sat Jan 21, 2012 4:14 pm

Gearmond wrote:personally i think La Fin Du Monde is more hyped than Delerium, and its priced about the same, or more expensive.

Hype? We're drinking beer. :rolleyes:
A long time ago, in a galaxy far far away, God said, "Let there be Lips!" And there were, and they were good, and the lips said...

http://soundcloud.com/gaiusrex
Caesar

Supporter
Supporter

Postby Gearmond » Sat Jan 21, 2012 5:54 pm

yeah, beer hype is totally real. srsly.

case in point: dogfish head

Gearmond

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby CBA » Sat Jan 21, 2012 6:21 pm

Gearmond wrote:yeah, beer hype is totally real. srsly.

While I agree with you on the Dogfish Head tip, La Fin Du Monde isn't a victim of hype... it's just good. A lot of people have recommended it and a lot of people have tried it and a lot of people love it. As far as I've ever seen, it's consistently sold at a waaaaay lower price than any Delirium, and has a much better taste.

Wasn't Dogfish Head featured on some reality show? I think that's why it's so "hyped", a lot of people that aren't really "into" craft breweries saw it on the TEE VEE. Their 60 Minute IPA is bland, and their 90 Minute IPA? One of my least favourite IPAs around. Just syrupy and unpleasant. Their Punk'n Ale, however, is spectacular. The best pumpkin ale for sure.

C
CBA

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby Caesar » Sat Jan 21, 2012 6:34 pm

Once again, you're droning on pointlessly while trying to get everyone in the forum to hate you.
A long time ago, in a galaxy far far away, God said, "Let there be Lips!" And there were, and they were good, and the lips said...

Caesar

Supporter
Supporter

Postby Caesar » Sat Jan 21, 2012 10:24 pm

CBA713 wrote:Wasn't Dogfish Head featured on some reality show? I think that's why it's so "hyped", a lot of people that aren't really "into" craft breweries saw it on the TEE VEE. Their 60 Minute IPA is bland, and their 90 Minute IPA? One of my least favourite IPAs around. Just syrupy and unpleasant. Their Punk'n Ale, however, is spectacular. The best pumpkin ale for sure.

The show was on this past fall. They were pretty popular long before then.

Since I'm closer to the home, we get all the different stuff. They have some misses, but a lot of hits.

Caesar

Supporter
Supporter

Postby bigchiefbc » Sun Jan 22, 2012 1:34 pm

CBA713 wrote:

While I agree with you on the Dogfish Head tip, La Fin Du Monde isn't a victim of hype... it's just good. A lot of people have recommended it and a lot of people have tried it and a lot of people love it. As far as I've ever seen, it's consistently sold at a waaaaay lower price than any Delirium, and has a much better taste.

Wasn't Dogfish Head featured on some reality show? I think that's why it's so "hyped", a lot of people that aren't really "into" craft breweries saw it on the TEE VEE. Their 60 Minute IPA is bland, and their 90 Minute IPA? One of my least favourite IPAs around. Just syrupy and unpleasant. Their Punk'n Ale, however, is spectacular. The best pumpkin ale for sure.

C

I so completely disagree with both of your guys. Dogfish Head is awesome. Raison D'etre and D'extra are both really good beers, Palo Santo, the Chicory Stout, and Theobroma are all good, their Red & White is one of my favorite beers on earth. As for their IPAs, I don't have a strong opinion, because I've stopped caring about all American IPAs at this point, they're just like drinking hop oil. It doesn't take much skill to make a 1.080 gravity ale with 200 IBUs. I can't stand it.
Buy my gear! viewtopic.php?f=44&t=58763

Achtane wrote:I can hit it with a Blowing Up and it'll just sound awesome instead of like capacitors farting into each others' dicks.

Achtane wrote:
last.fm wrote:Zs makes music that is variously categorized as no-wave, post-jazz, brutal-chamber, brutal-prog, and post minimalist.

srsly?

Fuck you.
bigchiefbc

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Gearmond » Sun Jan 22, 2012 3:19 pm

Caesar wrote:

Once again, you're droning on pointlessly while trying to get everyone in the forum to hate you.

two sentences = droning
bigchiefbc wrote:
CBA713 wrote:

C

I so completely disagree with both of your guys. Dogfish Head is awesome. Raison D'etre and D'extra are both really good beers, Palo Santo, the Chicory Stout, and Theobroma are all good, their Red & White is one of my favorite beers on earth. As for their IPAs, I don't have a strong opinion, because I've stopped caring about all American IPAs at this point, they're just like drinking hop oil. It doesn't take much skill to make a 1.080 gravity ale with 200 IBUs. I can't stand it.

@CBA i've always heard it as a rumor-y big name kinda thing, and where i'm from its the same price as delerium. i agree with you about their IPAs, but i wasn't really wowed by their punk'n ale. pumking 4 lyf

@chief i TOTALLY agree with you about the boring/terribleness of american IPAs and generally i really hate them. the best IPAs don't go for OMG WERE HOPZ they just make a GOOD beer. case in point: Hopslam, White Raja, and Two Hearted. i've had the Chicory Stout and Theobroma and i wasn't really wowed, and quite honestly i'd rather have a guinness over the chicory stout. i think they get big ups for being a one stop shop for, trying not to be condescending or snobby, entry to mid teir beer drinkers, so to speak, who want to try different styles without having to look for different companies and it turns into brand loyalty more than anything. i've never had any of their beers that go beyond the upper middle of the pack in regards to their style and only one that was in the upper middle, which was Pangaea.

Gearmond

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Caesar » Sun Jan 22, 2012 3:42 pm

Gearmond wrote: trying not to be condescending or snobby

LOL. That's all you all. :lol:

Caesar

Supporter
Supporter

Postby Gearmond » Sun Jan 22, 2012 5:35 pm

are you really that mad that i think Dogfish is a mediocre brewery :P

Gearmond

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Caesar » Sun Jan 22, 2012 10:11 pm

Better suited for a PM

Caesar

Supporter
Supporter

Postby CBA » Sun Jan 22, 2012 10:14 pm

Gearmond wrote:@CBA i've always heard it as a rumor-y big name kinda thing, and where i'm from its the same price as delerium. i agree with you about their IPAs, but i wasn't really wowed by their punk'n ale. pumking 4 lyf

the best IPAs don't go for OMG WERE HOPZ they just make a GOOD beer. case in point: Hopslam, White Raja, and Two Hearted.

Pumking is good, but 2011's tasted like a big bottle of nutmeg. The second one I had I enjoyed, but I didn't even finish the first one I bought. 2010's was much more balanced.

Haven't had White Raja (what brewery is that?), but you're totally right about Hoplam and Two Hearted. With a name like Hopslam, it's surprising to see that that beer is so balanced... yeah, it's hoppy, but it's equal parts hoppy and sweet, soft and full yet cutting. Two Hearted is the supreme example of what a good American IPA should be. Nothing about that beer sticks out annoyingly... it's just delicious and hearty, pun straight intended.

Then you try something like Avery's Maharaja Imperial IPA, and geez... it's JUST hops.

I'll never get tired of American IPAs... I just need that bite.

C
CBA

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby Caesar » Sun Jan 22, 2012 10:19 pm

Gearmond wrote:are you really that mad that i think Dogfish is a mediocre brewery :P

Mad. No. Are you trying to profess you personal preference as some type of expert knowledge?

Caesar

Supporter
Supporter

Postby Gearmond » Sun Jan 22, 2012 10:41 pm

Caesar wrote:
Gearmond wrote:are you really that mad that i think Dogfish is a mediocre brewery :P

Mad. No. Are you trying to profess you personal preference as some type of expert knowledge?

see bolded text

Gearmond

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion