THE BEER THREAD(?)----->!!!

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: THE BEER THREAD(?)----->!!!

Postby Andrew » Fri Feb 05, 2016 3:18 am

Mmmmm. I should've just ordered an extra 2 cases

Fun fact the owners of Garage Project bought some old Petrol Station and converted it into a tiny little brewery, pretty rad.
Andrew

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby Chuckchuck » Fri Feb 05, 2016 12:06 pm

infamousalien wrote:Tastes kind of like a chocolate and vanilla milkshake mixed with a good stout. I love Short's. :omg: :!!!:

When we were kids we used to steal a friend's dad's stout & drink it room temp. Now I like it ice-cold. Will look for this one.
Chuckchuck

experienced
experienced

Postby infamousalien » Fri Feb 05, 2016 5:29 pm

Chuckchuck wrote:
infamousalien wrote:Tastes kind of like a chocolate and vanilla milkshake mixed with a good stout. I love Short's. :omg: :!!!:

When we were kids we used to steal a friend's dad's stout & drink it room temp. Now I like it ice-cold. Will look for this one.

Short's unfortunately doesn't distribute outside of Michigan so if you don't live here you might be out of luck. :(
infamousalien

experienced
experienced

Postby infamousalien » Sat Feb 06, 2016 5:47 pm

Stone is killing it with these enjoy by IPAs. This one is unfiltered and very grapefruit-y. Delicious.
Attachments
stone.jpg
stone.jpg (23.75 KiB) Viewed 6547 times
infamousalien

experienced
experienced

Postby pelliott » Sat Feb 06, 2016 6:50 pm

Enjoy By is a godsend for markets without great local IPAs. I hope they keep riffing on the unfiltered version -- I fucking LOVE hazy/milkshake IPAs. And I really admire the commitment to making a really fresh, good beer like they are. Rebel Raw really fell flat to me but hopefully they can improve it in coming batches
pelliott

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby untilshewokeme » Sun Feb 07, 2016 12:35 am

Every Enjoy By I have is better than the last. 2.14 was killer. I heard the Black IPA version is just as good if not better.
untilshewokeme

experienced
experienced

Postby infamousalien » Sun Feb 07, 2016 2:45 pm

pelliott wrote:Enjoy By is a godsend for markets without great local IPAs. I hope they keep riffing on the unfiltered version -- I fucking LOVE hazy/milkshake IPAs. And I really admire the commitment to making a really fresh, good beer like they are. Rebel Raw really fell flat to me but hopefully they can improve it in coming batches

I agree. We have good unfiltered IPAs here but somehow the Stone Enjoy Bys are just better. Your from Brooklyn? Ever been to Beer Street? I love going to that place when I'm there.
infamousalien

experienced
experienced

Postby infamousalien » Sun Feb 07, 2016 2:46 pm

untilshewokeme wrote:Every Enjoy By I have is better than the last. 2.14 was killer. I heard the Black IPA version is just as good if not better.

Will have to try it then. Saw it but I'm not a huge black IPA fan. Will give it a shot though.
infamousalien

experienced
experienced

Postby pelliott » Sun Feb 07, 2016 3:32 pm

Moved to Brooklyn at the end of the summer. Haven't been to Beer Street but I will at some point -- I love St. Gambrinus and Covenhoven, personally. Always good stuff in stock and on tap. Plus I'm 10 minutes from Other Half Brewing, who are making crazy good beers. I highly recommend them if you are in town for super fresh hoppy beer. Singlecut, Grimm, and Barrier are also making solid stuff.

I've found Black IPAs are hit and miss. Finding one that is well balanced is hard but that's the key. Too many of them are super bitter and combined with the dark malts leave it tasting like an ash tray.
pelliott

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby snipelfritz » Tue Apr 19, 2016 9:51 pm

Got a six pack of this to enjoy considering it IS my neighborhood's namesake! Seems perfect for a lazy evening in with cartoons and video games. :joy:

BOOM-SHAKALAKALAKA-BOOM-SHAKALAKUNGA

Behndy wrote:i don't like people with "talent" and "skills" that don't feel the need to cover their inadequacies under good time happy sounds.
snipelfritz

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Andrew » Sat Apr 30, 2016 5:38 am

Going back to a classic tonight
Andrew

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby Chankgeez » Sat Apr 30, 2016 8:35 am

Swedish malt liquor wannabe?
psychic vampire. wrote:The important take away from this thread: Taoism and Ring Modulators go together?
…...........................…
Sweet dealin's: here
"Now, of course, Strega is not a Minimoog… and I am not Sun Ra" - dude from MAKENOISE
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGhbeHujNZQ youtube.com/watch?v=V-2l7kkBURc

Postby Chankgeez » Sat Apr 30, 2016 8:40 am

:lol: :thumb: #dranks
psychic vampire. wrote:The important take away from this thread: Taoism and Ring Modulators go together?
…...........................…
Sweet dealin's: here
"Now, of course, Strega is not a Minimoog… and I am not Sun Ra" - dude from MAKENOISE
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGhbeHujNZQ youtube.com/watch?v=V-2l7kkBURc

Postby Joe Gress » Sat Apr 30, 2016 11:43 am

If you love Ten Fidy and other stupid thick and tasty imperial stouts, do yourself a favor and pick up some On Fleek by Stillwater. 13% abv stout in four packs for $10-12. Seriously beer value of the year.
awesome signature with witty quotes from all you fuckers :)
Joe Gress

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby Andrew » Sat Jun 04, 2016 8:59 pm

Niiiiiiiiiiiiiice

My Local shop finally got some reasonably fresh Ballast Grapefruit Sculpin IPA in stock. Australia's pretty slow with Craft Beer.
Andrew

IAMILF
IAMILF

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion