Anyone have Tattoos?

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: Anyone have Tattoos?

Postby LOCOPELAND » Thu Jul 24, 2014 5:24 pm

Damn, behnd & arch! Those are looking badass!!
:ilw:

nightterrors wrote:Except fuzz, fuzz all the time.
LOCOPELAND

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby archlilim » Fri Jul 25, 2014 2:10 am

Thanks dude :D
archlilim

experienced
experienced

Postby behndy » Fri Jul 25, 2014 2:51 am

lol. i am toooooooo lazy to get my photog'y bud to do a decent photo until this thing is done.

the one i want on my other arm is going to be greyscale (IT'S AN EXACT REPLICA OF ARCHIE'S), so i'm hoping it doesn't take as long and shizz.

boop.
Eric! wrote:YOU'RE like having two pedals in one
with your...momentary fuck switch and all..

theactionindex wrote:QUADRACOCK BEHNDERFUCK

music, videos, in progress - http://www.youtube.com/c/behndy

okay, Plan B - PANICImage
behndy

Supporter
Supporter

Postby gunslinger_burrito » Fri Jul 25, 2014 5:17 pm

jfrey wrote:
space6oy wrote:
jfrey wrote:Still trying to figure out the tattoo I want to get. I don't know enough symbols for bad luck and can't find a good resource for them.

dude, tarot death is a symbol of bad luck. an awesome one.

This is sweet. Thank you. I'll need to incorporate this somehow. I want to have the symbols for bad luck from as many cultures as possible.

Soooooo.... I know this was posted for-EVER ago, but I was digging through this thread and came across it. Since I've studied the tarot quite a bit, I felt obliged to give my two cents.

Jfrey, dude. IF you haven't gotten this yet.... The "death" card in the Tarot wasn't originally named "death," in fact it had no name. It more often means (or should mean! ) transformation, rebirth, release, and so on. It can mean a violent, sudden change, or the sudden end of something, but in no cases should it ever mean bad luck. The Rider Waite deck, which I'm fairly certain this image came from, was the first mass produced deck to start changing the interpretations to all sorts of wack shit.

Even being a rational, atheistic sort of person, I'd never tattoo myself with symbols of bad luck, simply for the psychological effects it might have. No matter what else happens in your life, you'll always remember what was going on in your life when you got a certain tattoo.

I'm fairly certain in traditional Japanese tattooing, they counter tattoos of ghosts and other ill omens with symbols and imagery of good luck and fortune, or else they go to a shrine to keep away the "bad fortune" the tattoo could bring.

My two cents and then some! :hello:
gunslinger_burrito

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby imJonWain » Sun Aug 17, 2014 2:23 am

Gnarly Forever for me on my foot today haha. Picture is bad lighting, my feet aren't quite that nasty.
Attachments
4ever.jpg
4ever.jpg (81.94 KiB) Viewed 2009 times
"To my lay mind, the lobster's behavior in the kettle appears to be the expression of a preference; and it may well be that an ability to form preferences is the decisive criterion for real suffering."
http://www.TFRelectronics.com <project info
https://oshpark.com/profiles/TFRelectronics <oshpark shared boards
https://www.staticdisaster.com/ <my radio show
imJonWain

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby goroth » Sun Aug 17, 2014 6:29 am

Woohoo!
ALLisNOISE wrote:you can dial in some wonderfully smeared 12bit cascades of cicadas leveling a hail of rockets against an army of rusty box fans!

Latest album out on all streaming services and bandcamp and what not.
Spotify /// Apple Music
My band /// Instagram ///Bandcamp ///
goroth

HERO
HERO

Postby archlilim » Tue Aug 19, 2014 1:14 am

Got my elbow tattooed today. Motherfucker, it was not pleasant but that along with a couple other details finishes my sleeve!

archlilim

experienced
experienced

Postby Eivind August » Tue Aug 19, 2014 6:05 am

That looks amazing!
https://irerror.bandcamp.com/

friendship wrote:You motherfuckers think I won't fuck up a couple octoroks and assemble the Triforce?

Deals:
NSFW: show
succor, UncleBBQ, jerms, marco.desan, jwar, robapov, Tom Dalton, Gigahearts_FX, frigid midget, K2000, Tristan, untilshewokeme, backwardsvoyager, Strange Tales, brandsmannen, Ugly Casanova, goroth, Abanoise, Casavettes, multi_s, oldangelmidnight, Jero, Inconuucl, Dungus, christianatl, doralin, Wittgenstein, worra, D.o.S, rfurtkamp, blankfield, sillyfabe
Eivind August

HERO
HERO

Postby kbit » Tue Aug 19, 2014 9:09 am

Your skeeve is killer dude. I love that aesthetic.
D.o.S. wrote:I'm fucking stupid and no one should operate under any other premise.
kbit

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby goroth » Tue Aug 19, 2014 10:08 am

Yep!
ALLisNOISE wrote:you can dial in some wonderfully smeared 12bit cascades of cicadas leveling a hail of rockets against an army of rusty box fans!

Latest album out on all streaming services and bandcamp and what not.
Spotify /// Apple Music
My band /// Instagram ///Bandcamp ///
goroth

HERO
HERO

Postby LOCOPELAND » Tue Aug 19, 2014 11:34 am

Wow, yeah that's a rad ass sleeve!

I'm not looking forward to getting my elbows tattooed, either.
:ilw:

nightterrors wrote:Except fuzz, fuzz all the time.
LOCOPELAND

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby archlilim » Tue Aug 19, 2014 1:21 pm

By far the most painful part of the deal. The ditch didn't even come close :lol:

Better picture of the elbow:

archlilim

experienced
experienced

Postby jfrey » Tue Aug 19, 2014 1:43 pm

gunslinger_burrito wrote:Soooooo.... I know this was posted for-EVER ago, but I was digging through this thread and came across it. Since I've studied the tarot quite a bit, I felt obliged to give my two cents.

Jfrey, dude. IF you haven't gotten this yet

Haven't gotten anything yet. I had started drawing something out with ravens, but I never finished the concept.

gunslinger_burrito wrote:The "death" card in the Tarot wasn't originally named "death," in fact it had no name. It more often means (or should mean! ) transformation, rebirth, release, and so on. It can mean a violent, sudden change, or the sudden end of something, but in no cases should it ever mean bad luck. The Rider Waite deck, which I'm fairly certain this image came from, was the first mass produced deck to start changing the interpretations to all sorts of wack shit.

Good call. I had read something to that effect somewhere a while ago, but the information on the subject is all over the place.

gunslinger_burrito wrote:Even being a rational, atheistic sort of person, I'd never tattoo myself with symbols of bad luck, simply for the psychological effects it might have.

That's kind of the point. I find the idea that such a thing could have a psychological effect to be kind of crazy. They are symbols of bad luck to other people. But to me they're just pictures. In some fundamental way I really don't understand beliefs. I have discovered I can't talk much about the subject without offending people, but it's difficult for me because I'm OCD about understanding things, and I'm very much incapable of understanding exactly what people mean when they say they believe something. So to me getting a tattoo made of symbols of superstition is kind of a symbol for the way I think, or can't think.
D.o.S. wrote:You're like a walking Mad Men episode.

BitchPudding wrote:DO WHAT MUST BE DONE, LORD JFREY.

friendship wrote:one cool thing about living is that things get worse and worse and worse until you die

My music rec Twitter: https://twitter.com/MostlyEssential
jfrey

Supporter
Supporter

Postby space6oy » Wed Aug 20, 2014 1:55 pm

sorry if i was off / not thoroughly educated on that. :(

regarding bad luck tattoos though, meh. different reactions for different people.
i have thirteen 3s on my left arm, because it's my favorite number and i've had plenty of both pretty extremely good and bad luck in my life.
also have one of the grim reaper walking two dog skeletons i got after both my boys passed.
i haven't regretted any of my tats yet, aside from how i'm gonna get a bit of one covered up just because the good artists in cbus are 10x better than the best guy in athens.
space6oy

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby gunslinger_burrito » Fri Aug 22, 2014 5:46 pm

space6oy wrote:sorry if i was off / not thoroughly educated on that. :(

regarding bad luck tattoos though, meh. different reactions for different people.
i have thirteen 3s on my left arm, because it's my favorite number and i've had plenty of both pretty extremely good and bad luck in my life.
also have one of the grim reaper walking two dog skeletons i got after both my boys passed.
i haven't regretted any of my tats yet, aside from how i'm gonna get a bit of one covered up just because the good artists in cbus are 10x better than the best guy in athens.

No worries dude :thumb:

I'm unclear as to where the number 13 got its bad reputation. According to various sources, it's basically the number of transformation. Jesus was the 13th after his group 12 Apostles, and he heralded a transformation of religion. In the Tarot, it's the same with Card 13, death allows the new force to be born/created. Some people think that the origin of Friday the 13th being unlucky came from the fact that the Knights Templar were all arrested on that day (it's also the prevailing theory of where Baphomet came from)

jfrey wrote:
gunslinger_burrito wrote:Even being a rational, atheistic sort of person, I'd never tattoo myself with symbols of bad luck, simply for the psychological effects it might have.

That's kind of the point. I find the idea that such a thing could have a psychological effect to be kind of crazy. They are symbols of bad luck to other people. But to me they're just pictures. In some fundamental way I really don't understand beliefs. I have discovered I can't talk much about the subject without offending people, but it's difficult for me because I'm OCD about understanding things, and I'm very much incapable of understanding exactly what people mean when they say they believe something. So to me getting a tattoo made of symbols of superstition is kind of a symbol for the way I think, or can't think.

Yeah, the idea of "belief" is weird. I guess I could draw a parallel by referencing the studies done where people who wore white lab coats acted differently than without. The whole idea of a curse is that a person who thinks they've been cursed will suddenly start noticing any shitty little thing that happens to them more so than usual, and might even start to blame the curse. The reverse is how people who subscribe to astrology will unconsciously pick out the stuff that applies the most to themselves, even if most of what they read doesn't.

Whatever way you spell it, it would still make a cool tattoo :thumb: I'm surprised I haven't gotten a "Card 13" tattoo yet.
gunslinger_burrito

IAMILF
IAMILF

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion