hi

Moderator: Ghost Hip

hi

Postby friendship » Mon May 22, 2023 3:49 pm

i haven't been around much. how are you doing? how is your life going?
sound journal

actualidiot wrote:12-bit's almost analog, right?
friendship

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Re: hi

Postby Chankgeez » Mon May 22, 2023 6:13 pm

:hello: :hug:
psychic vampire. wrote:The important take away from this thread: Taoism and Ring Modulators go together?
…...........................…
Sweet dealin's: here
"Now, of course, Strega is not a Minimoog… and I am not Sun Ra" - dude from MAKENOISE
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGhbeHujNZQ youtube.com/watch?v=V-2l7kkBURc

Postby colin » Mon May 22, 2023 8:28 pm

I've kept lurking on and off over the years, but haven't spent much time here in ages either. Life is busy, but good! It's nice to see some familiar names still keeping this place alive.
colin

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby Pepe » Tue May 23, 2023 2:49 am

I have been purchasing and selling lots of pedals throughout the last two years. I have also managed to buy the few remaining synthesizers that were on the top of my wish list. Gear-wise I have everything I always wanted.

Family life is stressful, though, so I don't find the time to do demo recordings. Overall I almost cannot make any music, because our two-year-old daughter (our fourth - and last - child) has really bad sleeping habits. And when she's awake I cannot play, either, because she grabs at my instruments and effects and turns the knobs of my amp. I pray for the day when I can play around with my stuff again without interference from our youngest one.
Pepe at YouTube and Instagram
Pepe

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby coupleonapkins » Tue May 23, 2023 6:24 am

Pepe wrote:Overall I almost cannot make any music, because our two-year-old daughter (our fourth - and last - child) has really bad sleeping habits. And when she's awake I cannot play, either, because she grabs at my instruments and effects and turns the knobs of my amp. I pray for the day when I can play around with my stuff again without interference from our youngest one.

Future musician you've got there, methinks :p

I am also lying low, but sometimes get the GAS for garbage things, still, and probably thumb through Reverb moreso than I should, time & monet being lean (for instance, I'm posting this at 5:20 AM). Goofing off can be so soothing, though.

Good morning!
coupleonapkins

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby friendship » Thu May 25, 2023 10:00 am

I feel you, Pepe. I don't even have kids and I find it hard to squeeze music time into my day. I'm recording more ambient music and I've even started working on a couple ideas for singer-songwritery songs that I used to do, but I get frustrated at how slow the pace is. I never feel like I'm writing enough, recording enough, doing everything I can to do this work that makes me feel alive. But I also have to commute, work, cook, clean, keep contact with friends, try to date, etc. So maybe I have to accept that there's only so much I can do. Maybe everyone who feels driven to make art feels this way.

25 years after getting my first guitar and I'm finally no longer compulsively chasing after gear. I have everything I need--more than I need, really. Part of me would like to stay up to date with the latest developments in music-making, but part of me is tired of trying to stay relevant while the world moves on at a much faster pace than I can keep up with. Sometimes I feel like my window for making a relevant contribution to the music world has passed. It's a bittersweet feeling.

Anyway, I miss how lively the forum used to be and how excited and encouraging we all were of each other. But I'm grateful that I found a little online niche to fit into. :group:
sound journal

friendship

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Velcro Bottom » Wed May 31, 2023 12:14 am

friendship wrote:Sometimes I feel like my window for making a relevant contribution to the music world has passed.

Congratulations. You're free.
Velcro Bottom

committed
committed

Postby friendship » Wed May 31, 2023 3:00 pm

Velcro Bottom wrote:
friendship wrote:Sometimes I feel like my window for making a relevant contribution to the music world has passed.

Congratulations. You're free.

I like this perspective.

Don't mind me, just going through a midlife crisis. :picard:
sound journal

friendship

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby chuckjaywalk » Thu Jun 01, 2023 2:51 pm

I'm mid-life crisising in Kentucky. My dog died. Maybe I should start writing country songs.
My force of habit, I am an insect
I have to confess I'm proud as hell of that fact
chuckjaywalk

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby Pepe » Fri Jun 02, 2023 1:42 am

chuckjaywalk wrote:Maybe I should start writing country songs.

That sounds like you should search for professional help! :worry:
Pepe at YouTube and Instagram
Pepe

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby qersty » Sun Jun 11, 2023 8:04 am

i havent been online much either because of school. im applying to uni for a bachelor in audio engineering. i am not working all summer for the first time since completing high school.

Started practicing the recorder after making my girlfriend buy a tinwhistle. I have been nerding about swedish folk pipes too but havent gotten into playing cause they are pricy. Also just ordered a mandolin. May get a violin if i find something cheap not crap. I have been more interested in new sounds from learning other instruments than electronically. Probably cause i am attempting to get deeper into folk music
imagine finding out your son is your daughter & she's into noise music
qersty

IAMILF
IAMILF

Return to General Discussion