The "P I C A R D" thread

Moderator: Ghost Hip

The "P I C A R D" thread

Postby MechaGodzilla » Tue Jan 28, 2020 6:10 pm

have people talked about this yet? i know there's some trek fans on here and i actually really REALLY enjoyed ep1 more than i expected (and more than it probably deserved lol)

spoilers for ep1:
NSFW: show
it's been a while since i watched TNG but i had WILD deja vu when Picard saw Data painting in his dream. like, i had seen that exact scenario in one of Data's dreams. but data only dreams about Dr Soong smithing the bird wing on the anvil in "Birthright Pt 1" (one of my fav TNG episodes) and a bunch of weird stuff in a later episode (the one with the Troi cake)

i think, based on what's been seen so far, having watched BSG reboot, i sort of know where the story is going to go but if they keep tugging at my emotions like they did in ep1 then i'm on board all the way.
MechaGodzilla

IAMILF
IAMILF

Re: The "P I C A R D" thread

Postby Chankgeez » Tue Jan 28, 2020 6:33 pm

MechaGodzilla wrote:i know there's some trek fans on here

comesect has been voted off the island. :picard:
psychic vampire. wrote:The important take away from this thread: Taoism and Ring Modulators go together?
…...........................…
Sweet dealin's: here
"Now, of course, Strega is not a Minimoog… and I am not Sun Ra" - dude from MAKENOISE
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGhbeHujNZQ youtube.com/watch?v=V-2l7kkBURc

Postby Blackened Soul » Tue Jan 28, 2020 9:03 pm

Chankgeez wrote:
MechaGodzilla wrote:i know there's some trek fans on here

comesect has been voted off the island. :picard:

Blackened Soul

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby jirodreamsofdank » Wed Jan 29, 2020 3:43 am

Loved the first episode, having the dog named Number 1 and all was total fan service but yes please service me more.
jirodreamsofdank

experienced
experienced

Postby oldangelmidnight » Wed Jan 29, 2020 10:54 am

I was pretty excited for Picard. Discovery has been fantastic but TNG is the only Star Trek I really care about.
I thought some of the dialogue was a little weak but, on reflection, maybe that's in the tradition of TNG, really. They were maybe trying to keep it authentic.
I haven't watched Nemesis in a long time and maybe it's worth revisiting?
oldangelmidnight

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby MechaGodzilla » Wed Jan 29, 2020 11:07 am

jirodreamsofdank wrote:Loved the first episode, having the dog named Number 1 and all was total fan service but yes please service me more.

that's it. the only thing worse than fanservice that actually WORKS on me and i fall for it, is when they're so desperately trying to service my fan glands but doing a heroically bad job of it (as with Discovery)
MechaGodzilla

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby coldbrightsunlight » Wed Jan 29, 2020 11:26 am

I'd like to watch this although I'm still making my way through TNG (I know I'm somewhat late to the party on this :lol: ) I'm loving it and would like more Picard. Great character
füzz lover. Friend. Quilter evangelist.

I make music sometimes:

https://nitrx.bandcamp.com/

https://mediocrisy.bandcamp.com/

https://fleshcouch.bandcamp.com
coldbrightsunlight

Supporter
Supporter

Postby Benn Roe » Wed Jan 29, 2020 11:39 am

I loved it. I can't wait for Seven of Nine, and presumably the triumphant return of Data, so we can get close to assembling the ex-Borg/android/hologram dream crew. Has the Doctor been confirmed for an appearance yet? If not, lost potential for sure. Either way, stoked. Though I'm still really enjoying Discovery, despite its flaws and dubious choices, and not really sure why the internet seems to have turned against it (other than the alt-right shitbags, who have made their sad and misguided grievances widely known).
Former Bands: Lazy Gaga, Kadis-kot, Pyramids, In First Person, the Holy Fucking Spirit, Take Down Your Art, A Petal Fallen
Benn Roe

experienced
experienced

Postby MechaGodzilla » Wed Jan 29, 2020 11:55 am

my beef with discovery is the rampant and cheap fanservice, constantly trying to remind you that you like spock and pike and mirror universe and weird not-klingon klingons, so you should like discovery. well guess what, DISCOVERY? try just being your own thing for a while! BECOME a half-decent show (coz tng/ds9/voy all started out bad before getting groovy), then hit us with the EARNED fanservice once the show is actually, y'know, good. don't just feed us spock catchphrases through some other character, recycled jargon from the goddamn sixties. it's cheap and lazy.

it kind of feels like the soul of star trek is split at the minute. Orville has Ron D Moore and the kind of feel-good campiness, while Discovery (and maybe Picard but it's a bit early to tell) are trying real hard to ripoff stuff like BSG reboot and Expanse and have very little interest in being star trek other than the edgier bits of TNG/DS9.

hollywood/jj's trek is a terrifying sex doll puppet in the image of trek. i saw somewhere online say that Beyond was good? i can't remember a single thing that happened. did they crash the enterprise? :idk:
MechaGodzilla

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby aedes » Wed Jan 29, 2020 2:34 pm

Shit I'm an old school Trekkie and really want to see this...
aedes

Supporter
Supporter

Postby Blackened Soul » Thu Jan 30, 2020 6:49 pm

I watched.

I almost liked.

Will give it another try, but...

NSFW: show
I never thought C-3PO was a strong character and his and R2-D2's offspring being the main story point isn't super interesting... :picard:
Blackened Soul

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby adamajah » Thu Jan 30, 2020 8:05 pm

I'm not a trekkie and don't understand 1/4 of what's going on yet still diggin it so far
adamajah

experienced
experienced

Postby oldangelmidnight » Thu Jan 30, 2020 11:51 pm

I didn't realize at first that none of the Romulan supernova stuff was pre-existing story. It's all new for the series.
It seems like it's more important to have a basic understanding of Data's history and maybe some of the Borg stuff.
oldangelmidnight

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Blackened Soul » Fri Jan 31, 2020 12:57 am

oldangelmidnight wrote:I didn't realize at first that none of the Romulan supernova stuff was pre-existing story. It's all new for the series.
It seems like it's more important to have a basic understanding of Data's history and maybe some of the Borg stuff.

The supernova thing is from the new JJ movies.
Blackened Soul

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby oldangelmidnight » Fri Jan 31, 2020 2:27 pm

Tangentially, right? And not in a way that actually matters?
oldangelmidnight

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Next

Return to General Discussion