Let's see your BICYCLE!

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: Let's see your BICYCLE!

Postby Chankgeez » Fri Apr 20, 2018 1:09 pm

Glad you bumped this.

I just got back on the bike today for the first time in months.

If you're just riding around town, you probably don't really need a pump. I never carry one anymore. I rarely used it. So, I don't bother at all now.

I still carry an all-in-one tool in case I need to make adjustment on the bike. :idk: That's about it though.

What do you need lights for? To see? Or just to be seen? :snax:
psychic vampire. wrote:The important take away from this thread: Taoism and Ring Modulators go together?
…...........................…
Sweet dealin's: here
"Now, of course, Strega is not a Minimoog… and I am not Sun Ra" - dude from MAKENOISE
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGhbeHujNZQ youtube.com/watch?v=V-2l7kkBURc

Postby PeteeBee » Fri Apr 20, 2018 2:32 pm

Yeah throwing a little tool in my bag or pocket is probably sufficient. Idk, we have lots of little poky plants around here and flats happen more regularly than I would prefer...

I think I want a light for visibility. Some not tiny percentage of the riding will be in low light and the neighborhood we're in doesn't have a lot of streetlights.
Iommic Pope wrote:This is the best you've been.
Suffering suits you.

BitchPudding wrote:Let this be written in our history as proof that ILoveFuzz is one tight knit internet family.
PeteeBee

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby Chankgeez » Fri Apr 20, 2018 2:56 pm

I was having lots of problems with flats a few years back (lots of road debris) and switched to Schwalbe Marathon Plus tires.

In my experience they really are flat-less. Solved my problem. Not a flat since. (Expensive, but pay for themselves.)

They're a little heavier than the tires I was running previously because of the increased flat protection. Totally worth the extra weight though.

Been using a little Knog front light and a Blackburn rear light for ages. Pretty happy with both. Not a ton of illumination, but enough to be seen. :idk:
psychic vampire. wrote:The important take away from this thread: Taoism and Ring Modulators go together?
"Now, of course, Strega is not a Minimoog… and I am not Sun Ra" - dude from MAKENOISE
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGhbeHujNZQ youtube.com/watch?v=V-2l7kkBURc

Postby PeteeBee » Fri Apr 20, 2018 3:09 pm

Oh awesome. I'll pickup those tires and swap them in whenever I get a flat. Yeah I don't know how much illumination is really necessary... I have limited experience in the matter.
Suffering suits you.

BitchPudding wrote:Let this be written in our history as proof that ILoveFuzz is one tight knit internet family.
PeteeBee

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby hyenik » Fri Apr 20, 2018 3:23 pm

this is my kickbike ;)

hyenik

interested
interested

Postby Chankgeez » Fri Apr 20, 2018 3:58 pm

PeteeBee wrote:Oh awesome. I'll pickup those tires and swap them in whenever I get a flat. Yeah I don't know how much illumination is really necessary... I have limited experience in the matter.

Knog and Blackburn both make a wide range of lights. Between those two, you should be able to find something you like.

Seems like you might need a little more than the minimum illumination if you're gonna be riding in areas without streetlights. Sometimes you'll need to see where you're going. I think lots of lights these days have multiple brightness settings. Probably your best option to look for something like that. Or you could just get a light to mount on the bike to be seen and then also get a headlamp to light your way. :idk:

hyenik wrote:this is my kickbike ;)

Nice black color scheme. :love: Needs some black rims. :D
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby PeteeBee » Fri Apr 20, 2018 5:04 pm

hyenik wrote:this is my kickbike ;)

Looking good! My old neighbor had something similar but his was bigger/kind of seemed more ridiculous but it was so fun to mash around on. You could tear around the neighborhood so fast. It's probably the thing about him that I miss the most :lol:
Suffering suits you.

PeteeBee

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby samzadgan » Sun Apr 22, 2018 10:54 pm

PeetBee...on the Public bike i would suggest new cranks and chain ring as the first modification/upgrade. I've had cheap cranks in the past that have broken on me...mid cycling and its not something you wanna chance, especially if you gonna have kids on the bike with you. Get something strong and reliable that you can depend on.

other things...lights...extremely important...

also...pedals...maybe get some flat aluminum pedals and get straps too. Benefits are the the stiffer the platform the more of your energy goes into the pedals, so you work less...also straps, because you don't always want to be pushing down on pedals. With tight straps you can pull up as well, and get a much better rotation on the pedals, again, you work less for more energy exerted, and you don't put unnecessary strain on knees and only a few specific muscles in your legs.
AxAxSxS wrote:...if its a loud tube amp.... :doom:

Iommic Pope wrote:Amps first, makeup sex later.
samzadgan

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby ThurberMingus » Sun Apr 22, 2018 11:26 pm

Dynamo (wheel powered) lights are the best thing you can do to a bike.

This wheel (there’s also a disc version available):
https://www.bike-discount.de/en/buy/shi ... 119-701358

This front light:
https://www.bike-discount.de/en/buy/bus ... lus-137975

This rear light:
https://www.bike-discount.de/en/buy/bus ... bly-453429

Around $200 gets you the best light setup in the world. Can’t recommend dynamo enough!
neonblack wrote:SELL IT!

Don't form emotional bonds with metal boxes.

Live like me. Flip everything. Romanticize nothing. Accomplish nothing.

lost in music wrote:Digivolve into champions!
ThurberMingus

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby Chankgeez » Mon Apr 23, 2018 8:01 am

What do you guys think of this?:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O6hKS8WV6OM

samzadgan wrote:PeetBee...on the Public bike i would suggest new cranks and chain ring as the first modification/upgrade. I've had cheap cranks in the past that have broken on me...mid cycling and its not something you wanna chance, especially if you gonna have kids on the bike with you. Get something strong and reliable that you can depend on.

other things...lights...extremely important...

also...pedals...maybe get some flat aluminum pedals and get straps too. Benefits are the the stiffer the platform the more of your energy goes into the pedals, so you work less...also straps, because you don't always want to be pushing down on pedals. With tight straps you can pull up as well, and get a much better rotation on the pedals, again, you work less for more energy exerted, and you don't put unnecessary strain on knees and only a few specific muscles in your legs.

^good advice!

Took a look at the Public website. I think those components look decent enough so he doesn't have to worry about making those swaps right away.
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby nogodsnobedtimes » Mon Apr 23, 2018 6:18 pm

Oh hey a bikes thread!

Here's my 27+ Fuse

And my dumb Haanjo I don't ride enough
nogodsnobedtimes

experienced
experienced

Postby ThurberMingus » Mon Apr 23, 2018 9:43 pm

This bike is basically the reason I have been on ilf for a while. I’m rebuilding the rear wheel with the matching (to the front) rim later this week.

The short version is that this is my deep-custom 650b ~’94 Paramount Series 60. It’s the best bike in the world.

ThurberMingus

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby PeteeBee » Tue Apr 24, 2018 5:21 pm

ThurberMingus wrote:This bike is basically the reason I have been on ilf for a while. I’m rebuilding the rear wheel with the matching (to the front) rim later this week.

The short version is that this is my deep-custom 650b ~’94 Paramount Series 60. It’s the best bike in the world.

Wait... Is it the reason you have been on ilf or haven't been? Either way, rad bike. I love bikes that people have clearly put a lot of tlc into and are super functional. :love:
Suffering suits you.

PeteeBee

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby ThurberMingus » Wed Apr 25, 2018 3:25 pm

Whoops *haven’t* made haste on the phone.

Thanks Petee! Glad you like it :)

I’ll have my other bikes posted in a few days!

ThurberMingus

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby Chankgeez » Wed Apr 25, 2018 3:30 pm

That one's, obviously, the best. :D :love:
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion