Is ILF too cliquey? Are we pushing people away? BST question

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: Is ILF too cliquey? Are we pushing people away? BST ques

Postby adamajah » Mon Mar 19, 2018 8:42 pm

Glad I got in before the potential BST gate...! :joy:

My first Stamme[n], CT5, and MoomindroneT were/are BST buys and have had a huge impact on my music making adventures :omg:
adamajah

experienced
experienced

Postby fcknoise » Mon Mar 19, 2018 10:06 pm

A BST gate would be like at 50 posts or something though, so if you intend to participate you would be able to access it pretty quickly
Cydonia wrote: Too bad no one here is interested in talking about "gear"

BossMann73 wrote:I didn't insult it......I "curated" a "different aesthetic.".

John wrote:I love how this forum has the GDP of Switzerland in pedals but the collective value of everyone's patch cables is less than the change in my couch cushions. And I don't have a couch.

Soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/sharkmovieappriciator
Bandcamp: https://fcknoise.bandcamp.com/
fcknoise

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Mudfuzz » Mon Mar 19, 2018 10:27 pm

Seance wrote:
Eivind August wrote:We're clearly the forum with the highest number of meta discussions on our identity, so that's... something.

I've never meta discussion I didn't like.

Mudfuzz wrote:
calfzilla wrote:I feel like I got a very light attempt at hazing, but I also generally dgaf and much prefer to go back and forth with someone than turn the other cheek, so this place kind of feels like my home (mental institution).

I think most of the people here mean well, and that goes a long way. It just takes a bit to figure that out.

Yeah, middle age whitedudeblues is scum, but so is modularimdoingsomethingthatwasexperimentalin74 :thumb:

Scum is what happens when waters are still. Everything has been done. Everything is being done.
There is nothing new under the sun. Algae grows where there is no flow.

Exactly so :)*

Really though this place goes in waves, people come and go (even if I wish they would all stay, because there have been a lot of fun and creative people that have dropped out.. ) I don't see more hazing than there use to be, or reactionism... But... The last 2 years all you fuckers have been getting more testy and grumpy and forgetting that humor is the most important thing on a form on the internets :trippy:
Mudfuzz

HERO
HERO

Postby Mudfuzz » Mon Mar 19, 2018 10:44 pm

Mudfuzz wrote:
Seance wrote:
Eivind August wrote:We're clearly the forum with the highest number of meta discussions on our identity, so that's... something.

I've never meta discussion I didn't like.

Mudfuzz wrote:
calfzilla wrote:I feel like I got a very light attempt at hazing, but I also generally dgaf and much prefer to go back and forth with someone than turn the other cheek, so this place kind of feels like my home (mental institution).

I think most of the people here mean well, and that goes a long way. It just takes a bit to figure that out.

Yeah, middle age whitedudeblues is scum, but so is modularimdoingsomethingthatwasexperimentalin74 :thumb:

Scum is what happens when waters are still. Everything has been done. Everything is being done.
There is nothing new under the sun. Algae grows where there is no flow.

Exactly so :)*

Really though this place goes in waves, people come and go (even if I wish they would all stay, because there have been a lot of fun and creative people that have dropped out.. ) I don't see more hazing than there use to be, or reactionism... But... The last 2 years all you fuckers have been getting more testy and grumpy and forgetting that humor is the most important thing on a form on the internets :trippy:

Edit.. First though you have to know the line between funny and being an ass... Some of you guys get it wrong.
Mudfuzz

HERO
HERO

Postby 01010111 » Mon Mar 19, 2018 10:51 pm

Mudfuzz knows what’s up ^

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Lurker13 » Mon Mar 19, 2018 10:52 pm

When I joined ILF it was like jumping in a swimming pool - a bit cold at first, but it gradually warmed up.

fcknoise wrote:A BST gate would be like at 50 posts or something though, so if you intend to participate you would be able to access it pretty quickly

If someone just wants to come here just for BST, I'm in favor of letting them use it freely. Requiring a minimum number of posts just means there will be a lot of inane posts from people who just want access to BST going "Cool!" "Awesome!" "Yeah man!" 50 times until they get let into BST.
coldbrightsunlight wrote:Hey man, you can do what you want in this den of shame.
Lurker13

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby D.o.S. » Tue Mar 20, 2018 5:31 am

Yeah for what it's worth a Gated BST should mean: make it private from users who are not logged in, 50 posts to make a thread.
good deals are here.
escapecraft is here.
UglyCasanova wrote: It's not the expensive programs you use, it's the way you click and drag.

Achtane wrote:
comesect2.0 wrote:Michael Jackson king tut little Richard in your butt.

IT'S THE ENNNND OF THE WORRRLD AS WE KNOW IT
D.o.S.

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby UglyCasanova » Tue Mar 20, 2018 6:38 am

1 year membership, 100 posts and pics of yer reproductuve organ
UglyCasanova

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby coldbrightsunlight » Tue Mar 20, 2018 8:18 am

And 50cc of blood from your firstborn. No children? No bst
füzz lover. Friend. Quilter evangelist.

I make music sometimes:

https://nitrx.bandcamp.com/

https://mediocrisy.bandcamp.com/

https://fleshcouch.bandcamp.com
coldbrightsunlight

Supporter
Supporter

Postby Kacey Y » Tue Mar 20, 2018 8:20 am

01010111 wrote:
Chankgeez wrote:
01010111 wrote:... and new people come in from somewhere else...

I liked it that time when we were inundated by refugees fleeing the advance of the Golden Horde.

I miss those refugees, tbh. I think the Doom Room refugees were my favorite. The initial doom room thread in the general discussion was gold.

That's how I got here. Skip started that thread and eventually sub-forum and I talked to him on the Stoner/Doom Bassists thread on TB and some FB groups. Plus Nick from Dunwich and a couple other people I know from other forums or FB suggested joining and participating there. Then I noticed there were some old Stonerrock.com Jam Room people too. I mostly only posted in that area for a long time (maybe years??). That's usually how I insinuate myself into forums. I hang out in one kind of isolated niche thread or sub-forum for a long time, then slowly venture out into the wide world.
Appalachian Queer Punk Moms Local 138
Kacey Y

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby raj007 » Tue Mar 20, 2018 8:53 am

UglyCasanova wrote:
adamajah wrote: ILF has a very distinctly differnet cold kind of vibe.

This is new to me. I respect it, but I don't really see it. I might have gotten inside before this cold set though. In my experience most new people who post a little bit here and a little bit there somewhat frequently seem to get included quite well. Worra and Raj spring to mind. Sharktooth too.

I need to finish this thread, but this sparked me to hit reply.

I've only been a member for a year and a half and I've done ILFSS, podcast w JAngle, D&D podcasts w IM, C2C, OPhobe, BILF, etc etc.

Early on I had PM's w Kent that went beyond gear talk and meant a lot to me.

I text message a few folks from here regularly.

Discord w many of you...

Met up w Willy (0110101001010101001010111) in person.

When I came here I had the interest in being a part of the community and I think that's well received. I think when folks show up to only self promote, or to ask when the next Outward batch is coming...they aren't received well. But if you make an effort to post and actually communicate w people I've found it really easy to fit in.

And I'll admit I'm pretty sour to over-the-top flippers...but I've been trying to keep my mouth shut more often about it.

Fuck it, Dude...let's go bowlin'.
popvulture wrote:Nothing is truer bypass than the void.

D.o.S wrote:Whenever I step on my tuner the shitty guitar playing stops.
raj007

experienced
experienced

Postby molokaio » Tue Mar 20, 2018 9:32 am

I haven't read all the pages yet, but I'd like to say something.

RE: BST GATE.
I've seen on many forums the 50 post gate, and I think it's absolutely useless.
You get 50 useless posts from every newcomer, as said above.

Also, who cares if someone is selling stuff and never participates? Simply ignore him or don't buy his stuff.
Mixing the BST threads with regular forum life is a huge mistake in my experience.
They are 2 separate entities imho. and need to stay divided.

RE: FORUM ACCEPTANCE

I subscribed many many years ago, after a while I logged out from all foreign language forums for a few years.
I started logging in again a year ago simply by chance, and I've discovered an insane forum that I enjoy very much.
it's kinda different from the forum it used to be, but I like it.
Partecipation and the average post content are very unique, very clever even when trolling.
I love it here. As raj said, if you're into communicating and partecipating you'll get accepted easily.

I'm mainly lurking because my English isn't good enough to meet the complexity of jokes or content.
But I read not simply daily, but hourly! :omg:

RE: BEING ILFier than others
I guess it's simply a misunderstanding. Many people will put higher prices on reverb than on favourite forums.
So, it was simply a cat fight between 2 users. a misunderstanding.

Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/robzdrone/
molokaio

committed
committed

Postby rustywire » Tue Mar 20, 2018 10:28 am

molokaio wrote:I'm mainly lurking because my English isn't good enough to meet the complexity of jokes or content.
But I read not simply daily, but hourly! :omg:

I dig the content of your post, and while not my intention to discard its bulk, keying in on this particular point seems necessary.

I have utmost appreciation for ESL challenged people who make the effort to be funny in a foreign language. You're doing fine and have an inherent advantage of phrasing 'quirks' which make things sound funnier than they would otherwise, even without the pronunciation element. Embrace it :hobbes:
[B/S/T shoutouts] Shortlist: Hollow Earth|Ct5|856|Condor|Thermae|OP-1|half track reel2reel|Prophet6 ... :whoa:
rfurtkamp wrote:The only transparent thing I own is a set of drinking glasses.
rustywire

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Seance » Tue Mar 20, 2018 11:36 am

raj007 wrote:Fuck it, Dude...let's go bowlin'.

How about we go curling instead?

More danger of bodily harm. And drinking beer is just as integral with curling as it is with bowling.
Seance

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby molokaio » Tue Mar 20, 2018 11:44 am

:group: Challenge the challenged. :lol:

Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/robzdrone/
molokaio

committed
committed

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion