Boredbrain Terminal Half-Normal Patchbay Hub

Moderator: superanalog

Boredbrain Terminal Half-Normal Patchbay Hub

Postby superanalog » Sat Feb 23, 2019 8:17 am

So by popular request we decided to start producing (in limited batches) a very simple and compact patchbay that's a bit different from the Patchulator. The Terminal was originally a custom project for musician Tycho, for whom we made 3 of these, which he uses in his live rig to patch around into specific parts of his chain.

Obviously there are some similar things out there, but what the hey... this one is hand-wired and screen printed and uses all Neutrik 1/4-in audio jacks. It's also way more compact than the Hosa thing and the patching is on top. If you got any questions about it, let me know!! :thumb:

https://www.boredbrainmusic.com/product/terminal/

Terminal
Half-Normal Patchbay Hub

The Terminal adds routing flexibility to signal chains of guitar pedal effects, electronic instruments and other audio devices.

• Easily insert effects into primary signal paths
  • Copy signals using half-normalled patch points
  • Re-route signals to alternate destinations
  • Balanced/stereo TRS connections

pedalboard access points
Each Terminal channel is placed at specific points in the signal chain. New effects can then be inserted at these points, or entire sections can be bypassed using a single cable.

instruments patch hub
Each Terminal channel is a dedicated patch point for an instrument signal on its way to a mixer or DAW. Effects can be inserted into the signal easily, or it can be copied to another channel.
superanalog

involved
involved

Re: Boredbrain Terminal Half-Normal Patchbay Hub

Postby ritz » Mon Feb 25, 2019 6:22 pm

Wow. I'm into it.

Just to confirm: the half-normaling will work with stereo TRS, balanced mono TRS and mono TS?
popvulture wrote:Nothing is truer bypass than the void.

multi_s wrote: i want something that gives my third eye a rim job.
ritz

experienced
experienced

Postby superanalog » Tue Feb 26, 2019 8:47 pm

ritz wrote:Wow. I'm into it.

Just to confirm: the half-normaling will work with stereo TRS, balanced mono TRS and mono TS?

Yeah, absolutely. It works the same as a balanced rack-mounted patchbay.
superanalog

involved
involved

Postby odontophobia » Wed Feb 27, 2019 12:31 am

This is a cool idea. the send return section is awesome. I struggle with "where" it fits on a pedalboard.
the enclosure seems designed to optimize space but the ins and outs create somewhat of awkward positioning.
odontophobia

Supporter
Supporter

Postby superanalog » Sat Mar 23, 2019 3:08 pm

odontophobia wrote:This is a cool idea. the send return section is awesome. I struggle with "where" it fits on a pedalboard.
the enclosure seems designed to optimize space but the ins and outs create somewhat of awkward positioning.

It's definitely more at home on a larger board with more effects, but the enclosure is quite small. With low-profile right-angle plugs, it squeezes in pretty well. The side jacks are pretty low as well, so butted up next to other pedals with side jacks, they usually will be below.
superanalog

involved
involved

Return to Boredbrain Music