FEBER

Moderator: Pladask

FEBER

Postby cosmicevan » Sun Nov 15, 2020 10:49 pm

An exploration of the intersection of single sideband modulation, ring modulation, phasing and tremolo. FEBER combines a ring modulator pair, a Hilbert transform approximation, feedback and a random value sample/hold generator into a feature rich tool for exploring amplitude- and phase-based
modulation at both high and low frequencies. Demos coming soon. Manual linked below.

....UM YES!!!!

but Nov 10th is in the past? Did we miss it?!?! :cry:
•○• cosmically yours •○•
cosmicevan

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Re: FEBER

Postby Pladask » Sun Nov 15, 2020 10:55 pm

20th! Sorry was a typo :O
Pladask

committed
committed

Postby Dowi » Mon Nov 16, 2020 8:31 am

I am sooooo down for this.
Just when I was looking for frequency shifting.. To me is probably the most interesting pedal you put out until now.

(though I said I won't buy anything until Christmas :whateva: )
BIRCH BARK | Solo stuff | Bandcamp - Youtube
HIBAGON | Polyrhythmic Heavy Duo | Bandcamp - Spotyshit
Dowi

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby Pladask » Mon Nov 16, 2020 9:31 am

Dowi wrote:I am sooooo down for this.
Just when I was looking for frequency shifting.. To me is probably the most interesting pedal you put out until now.

Thanks! Plan is to keep this as part of the regular lineup so you should be able to pick it up next year if you like ;)
Pladask

committed
committed

Postby Drunkdriver » Mon Nov 16, 2020 9:47 am

Glad to hear this is going to be an ongoing release. fantastic work, per usual. Definitely looking forward to exploring this circuit.
Drunkdriver

uncommitted
uncommitted

Postby Chankgeez » Mon Nov 16, 2020 10:41 am

psychic vampire. wrote:The important take away from this thread: Taoism and Ring Modulators go together?
…...........................…
Sweet dealin's: here
"Now, of course, Strega is not a Minimoog… and I am not Sun Ra" - dude from MAKENOISE
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGhbeHujNZQ youtube.com/watch?v=V-2l7kkBURc

Postby whoismarykelly » Mon Nov 16, 2020 12:16 pm

Demos sound awesome. Hoping to be able to grab one in the scramble on Friday. How many in the first batch?
whoismarykelly

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby Pladask » Mon Nov 16, 2020 1:28 pm

whoismarykelly wrote:Demos sound awesome. Hoping to be able to grab one in the scramble on Friday. How many in the first batch?

~100 units. Have to be a bit careful how much I invest with new stuff. Hopefully there will be a healthy interest while still being enough to go around :)
Pladask

committed
committed

Postby whoismarykelly » Mon Nov 16, 2020 2:38 pm

Pladask wrote:
whoismarykelly wrote:Demos sound awesome. Hoping to be able to grab one in the scramble on Friday. How many in the first batch?

~100 units. Have to be a bit careful how much I invest with new stuff. Hopefully there will be a healthy interest while still being enough to go around :)

I predict a <1 minute sellout as per usual :lol: Thanks for the info!
whoismarykelly

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby Pladask » Mon Nov 16, 2020 3:16 pm

whoismarykelly wrote:
Pladask wrote:

I predict a <1 minute sellout as per usual :lol: Thanks for the info!

:facepalm: Lets not hope so. If anyone misses out please refrain from buying at x2 price on reverb. By doing so you're reinforcing that behavior which just leads to more rush sales. The goal is to maintain a steady supply so that anyone interested can either buy it direct or on the used market for a fair price. :)*
Pladask

committed
committed

Postby cosmicevan » Mon Nov 16, 2020 6:24 pm

Pladask wrote: :facepalm: Lets not hope so. If anyone misses out please refrain from buying at x2 price on reverb. By doing so you're reinforcing that behavior which just leads to more rush sales. The goal is to maintain a steady supply so that anyone interested can either buy it direct or on the used market for a fair price. :)*

Thank you for saying this. In light of all the recent CBA stuff, people don't seem to understand this concept...and it ends up folding over on itself with everyone scrambling for the product - those who want to scalp other fans and those fans who want to avoid being scalped. Paying above MSRP ruins it for everyone.
•○• cosmically yours •○•
cosmicevan

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby Dowi » Tue Nov 17, 2020 5:05 am

Pladask wrote:
Dowi wrote:I am sooooo down for this.

Thanks! Plan is to keep this as part of the regular lineup so you should be able to pick it up next year if you like ;)

that's an awesome news, i'm going to wait for the next batch as i'm fairly bad when it comes to buy from those scheduled releases, and being this the first units, i imagine the interest will be huge.
BIRCH BARK | Solo stuff | Bandcamp - Youtube
HIBAGON | Polyrhythmic Heavy Duo | Bandcamp - Spotyshit
Dowi

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby cosmicevan » Fri Nov 20, 2020 12:44 pm

I'm gonna try for it tonight...need to brush up my on sale skills again before the next Draume drop. I've missed the last several onsale attempts I've gone for and this one looks too fun. I'm still in the honeymoon with the FALMA though and at this point, I think that Taken is possibly my favorite pedal across the board. Setting Taken to the edge of oscillation and playing pretty much anything is simply what beauty sounds like. The Feber demos look so promising I'm sure I'll love it. Super excited to hear it will be a mainline product also! Thanks for continuing to release exciting and interesting products!
•○• cosmically yours •○•
cosmicevan

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby Heraclitus Akimbo » Fri Nov 20, 2020 3:07 pm

Feber
In the mornin', a feber all through the night

Sun lights up the day time
Moon lights up the night
I light up when you call my name
And you know I'm gonna treat you right
You give me feber...
solo (mostly ambient): https://heraclitusakimbo.bandcamp.com/
duo (electroacoustic vibration exploration): https://wenderlypark.bandcamp.com/
trio (tapes/voice/clarinet/synth/poems): https://ourwaytofall.bandcamp.com/
band (spontaneous kosmische): https://stargoon.bandcamp.com/

I also help co-ordinate Okta, ILF's collaborative community ambient project: https://okta.bandcamp.com
Heraclitus Akimbo

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby cosmicevan » Fri Nov 20, 2020 4:54 pm

SCORE!!!!
•○• cosmically yours •○•
cosmicevan

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Next

Return to Pladask Elektrisk