Kniv

Moderator: Pladask

Kniv

Postby cosmicevan » Sat Feb 01, 2020 1:28 am

This thing is a monster. How you using it, what are you putting in the feedback loop?

I immediately went for distortions. Tube Screamers responded better than Rats (for me/bass) but I am eager to run all things through it.

Loving that each button can be momentary on or off...super versatile.
•○• cosmically yours •○•
cosmicevan

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Re: Kniv

Postby Pladask » Sat Feb 01, 2020 11:06 am

:D
I find it's quite unpredictable if a pedal will sound good with it. You never know exactly what you're gonna get before combining them. It's fun with vibrato and unusual reverbs (reverse, mod, etc).
Pladask

committed
committed

Postby taco satori » Wed Feb 05, 2020 2:30 pm

My to-do list with Kniv:

* put a buncha clicky hard-switch pedals like the Csidman in it and use the relay-switching to blast them in and out of the signal
* slap Tensor in there and use Kniv’s feedback control to get some additional repeats while Tensor is in NXT mode, or really any other mode for that matter
* put Judder in there to keep out its idle noise in high gain situations rather than modding it
* reroute signal path so I’m stepping on Kniv more in a live setting and dancing around with my big clumsy feet less
Great deals with lordgalvar, filipre, seten, DannDubblewe, PumpkinPieces, backwardsvoyager, DADGBD, jwar, JonnyAngle, dandolin, pd~, Dungus, dminner
taco satori

committed
committed

Postby D.o.S. » Mon Aug 03, 2020 11:22 am

Semi-Annual foray into a serious Pladask sharktank post: Dub Echo Machine with the DD500.
good deals are here.
escapecraft is here.
UglyCasanova wrote: It's not the expensive programs you use, it's the way you click and drag.

Achtane wrote:
comesect2.0 wrote:Michael Jackson king tut little Richard in your butt.

IT'S THE ENNNND OF THE WORRRLD AS WE KNOW IT
D.o.S.

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Dandolin » Mon Aug 03, 2020 11:50 am

Been checking out a lot of feedback loopers lately, and I must say that Kniv seems exceptionally well thought-out :snax:
"In a moment of unparalleled genius, Noel Parachute headed off this potential disaster by unplugging the microphone."
Dandolin

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Pladask » Mon Aug 03, 2020 4:27 pm

Thanks! The funny part is that I have sold about 40ish of these in total since I designed it in 2015/16ish? :lol: :facepalm:
Pladask

committed
committed

Postby Dandolin » Wed Aug 05, 2020 1:20 pm

:hug: make that 41-ish :snax:
"In a moment of unparalleled genius, Noel Parachute headed off this potential disaster by unplugging the microphone."
Dandolin

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Dandolin » Fri Aug 14, 2020 9:39 am

so overseas DHL and Kniv are win and more win :joy:
Dandolin

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Blood_mountain » Mon Aug 31, 2020 4:05 pm

Dandolin wrote::hug: make that 41-ish :snax:

What do you think of it? I'm at the point in pedal buying that I'm really reaching for other pedals I "need" but having something like this that could put a new angle on pedals I already have is compelling.
Blood_mountain

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby Dandolin » Mon Aug 31, 2020 6:12 pm

Really liking it - I mean, it's a feedback looper (duh, they all basically do the same thing, and so much is about what you put in them), but with *really* well thought-out touches like the state-changing footswitches, expression control, separate loop and dry level and invertible dry phase to make things nicerer or weirderer, choice b/w positive and negative feedback (more flavas!) - it just does what it's designed to really well and gives you tons of flexi, plus it also happens to do a bunch of other utilitarian things (chack that manual). I looked a long time, and while there were still maybe a feature or two I would have put on my ultimate list (like maybe a post-loop limiter, but pfft, come on), and I could be wrong, but nothing came close, including the new Fairfield jawn (and I am a Fairfield jawnboy).
Ultimate rec'd. :excellent:

fave uses so far: rolling my own oscillation fuzz; gooseing shy flangers into overload :)*
Dandolin

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Pladask » Tue Sep 01, 2020 4:06 pm

Dandolin wrote:Really liking it - I mean, it's a feedback looper (duh, they all basically do the same thing, and so much is about what you put in them), but with *really* well thought-out touches like the state-changing footswitches, expression control, separate loop and dry level and invertible dry phase to make things nicerer or weirderer, choice b/w positive and negative feedback (more flavas!) - it just does what it's designed to really well and gives you tons of flexi, plus it also happens to do a bunch of other utilitarian things (chack that manual). I looked a long time, and while there were still maybe a feature or two I would have put on my ultimate list (like maybe a post-loop limiter, but pfft, come on), and I could be wrong, but nothing came close, including the new Fairfield jawn (and I am a Fairfield jawnboy).
Ultimate rec'd. :excellent:

fave uses so far: rolling my own oscillation fuzz; gooseing shy flangers into overload :)*

:)* :)* :)* You're probably aware of it, but you actually have hard limiters (clipping diodes) available on both outputs (SND and OUT) that will limit your signal to ~1.5Vpp
Pladask

committed
committed

Postby Blood_mountain » Sat Oct 03, 2020 1:08 pm

Just got this, and have only played with the EHX Mel 9 in the effect loop, but am getting some really cool wobbly, detuned string sounds with it. Going to make a list of my pedals and how it plays with the various different effects.
Blood_mountain

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby cosmicevan » Sun Oct 04, 2020 12:21 am

I've been loving mine as a way to add in a dry blend to dirt. and then play w the feedback...cause...ya know...feedback...
•○• cosmically yours •○•
cosmicevan

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby Blood_mountain » Wed Oct 07, 2020 1:28 pm

I put my Sentimental Bob Tacana Tremolo in the loop today and am getting some cool, swooshy, distorted reverse sounding trem. Really digging it for certain pedals!
Blood_mountain

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby Dandolin » Wed Oct 07, 2020 1:34 pm

noice - gotta try that :snax:
Dandolin

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Next

Return to Pladask Elektrisk