BAKVENDT - ILF Reverse Delay Thing!

Moderator: Pladask

Re: BAKVENDT - ILF Reverse Delay Thing!

Postby adamajah » Mon Nov 25, 2019 3:41 pm

cantremember wrote:
oldangelmidnight wrote:
adamajah wrote:
Pladask wrote:Hey yo so now hardware has been ordered. Will probably arrive early January. Decided to go with 100 units so hopefully enough for everyone. Again this won't be first priority come January, will probably split it into two runs of 50. One in the spring and one in the fall :joy:

That’s a nice sized batch. Tåken could use a little Bergen buddy.

Oh, I should try my v1 Bakvendt in the loop of my Taken!

That sounds like a great idea! I'm gonna try that when I get home from work today.

I keep forgetting to try the Fabrikat in the Tåken loop :love:
Pedal homework is good homework.

TAFM was the last thing I put in the loop, trying to emulate the repeats of the Demedash T-120. Close but no cigar. They make an Awesome Team though.
adamajah

experienced
experienced

Postby oldangelmidnight » Tue Nov 26, 2019 10:36 pm

To continue this tangent, my favorite thing in the Tåken loop is a Dwarfcraft Wizard of Pitch. It gets real weird.
oldangelmidnight

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Pladask » Tue Dec 17, 2019 7:37 pm

Not sure how this URL stuff works with facebook, but here's a snippet of one of the glitchy extra programs for BAKFRAM destroying some xmas music. Last day at work tomorrow. God jul!

[url]https://www.facebook.com/pladaskelektrisk/posts/2511264858923493?__xts__[0]=68.ARCWon3Evm6i7ZD4sKY_qpZMVMP0LshElyHwjlU2orsO8fdnTnrIRBNmU-sKdcx_uNW9Kjgmleli-RDWqBeel6-3wq4LNh55z8a_K5As4vFD-CFppRxovfc2KfK5KlYgpKI5msg3hp1GDSQyhsQrR6s1BwMrBmbxBzlrIh47D_cVm2Hi9VjCaRPK-0N_rkg3mvR4nez0I6FRmBsdpgyqnCDT4mBiQK-YMz0mbSPi-8cZ-dmkrhZUMjI6FNV5AVjxub3m5dSb37aPzQgowre4Y5F-GtQfSwIsduD6rfjuLAYw0qPljaWOLejjjxhQcnGpSDxFQnFrbSgc17peARL5yW0hxRyZYHpZPiZsuA&__tn__=-R[/url]
Pladask

committed
committed

Postby shikawkee » Tue Dec 17, 2019 7:43 pm

Pladask wrote:Not sure how this URL stuff works with facebook, but here's a snippet of one of the glitchy extra programs for BAKFRAM destroying some xmas music. Last day at work tomorrow. God jul!

[url]https://www.facebook.com/pladaskelektrisk/posts/2511264858923493?__xts__[0]=68.ARCWon3Evm6i7ZD4sKY_qpZMVMP0LshElyHwjlU2orsO8fdnTnrIRBNmU-sKdcx_uNW9Kjgmleli-RDWqBeel6-3wq4LNh55z8a_K5As4vFD-CFppRxovfc2KfK5KlYgpKI5msg3hp1GDSQyhsQrR6s1BwMrBmbxBzlrIh47D_cVm2Hi9VjCaRPK-0N_rkg3mvR4nez0I6FRmBsdpgyqnCDT4mBiQK-YMz0mbSPi-8cZ-dmkrhZUMjI6FNV5AVjxub3m5dSb37aPzQgowre4Y5F-GtQfSwIsduD6rfjuLAYw0qPljaWOLejjjxhQcnGpSDxFQnFrbSgc17peARL5yW0hxRyZYHpZPiZsuA&__tn__=-R[/url]

Super flott!
Singer-songwriter, composer and author. I also manufacture and distribute Gary Hall designed and endorsed Lexicon PCM42 mods. Owner of HOSAT Effects. BETA tester for Line 6 and Eventide.
shikawkee

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby doralin » Tue Dec 17, 2019 7:59 pm

Love it!
So keen for this
doralin

committed
committed

Postby Dandolin » Tue Dec 17, 2019 8:40 pm

just drop the web address in - it will be hyperlinked automatically....

https://m.facebook.com/pladaskelektrisk ... 4858923493

...you also usually don't need anything after the question mark in one of those biblical urls :lol:

fb/ig/twitter embedding ain't in the cards though....
Last edited by Dandolin on Wed Dec 18, 2019 12:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
"In a moment of unparalleled genius, Noel Parachute headed off this potential disaster by unplugging the microphone."
Dandolin

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby cantremember » Tue Dec 17, 2019 9:01 pm

Man that sounds very cool! Very excited for this!
cantremember

Lagom Gigantic Lurker of BILF
Lagom Gigantic Lurker of BILF

Postby adamajah » Tue Dec 17, 2019 9:15 pm

Haha rad!

Be careful, you might summon Pennywise with that

:B
adamajah

experienced
experienced

Postby Jwar » Wed Dec 18, 2019 10:48 am

Is there a list? Can I get on it?
"I do not have the ability to think rationally 90% of the time and I also change my mind at the drop of a hat".

-JWAR :)
Jwar

Cosmic of BILF
Cosmic of BILF

Postby shikawkee » Wed Dec 18, 2019 11:01 am

Jwar wrote:Is there a list? Can I get on it?

Again, no not yet. He will let us know when the time gets closer.
Singer-songwriter, composer and author. I also manufacture and distribute Gary Hall designed and endorsed Lexicon PCM42 mods. Owner of HOSAT Effects. BETA tester for Line 6 and Eventide.
shikawkee

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby Pladask » Tue Jan 07, 2020 7:29 pm

Update!
Software is done. 8 programs in total. -1/0/+1/glitch octave forward/reverse. Decided to ditch the low pass filter that was requested (sorry!). I prefer a more "transparent" processing if the filter is unadjustable. Come to think of it lowering the system clock frequency will lower the sample rate and anti-aliasing filter cutoffs so I guess (if you squint) that's kinda like a tone control.

Hardware has arrived and is working. As mentioned I will make 100 units total this year, but I have to make more Tåken, Romferd and Fabrikat before I can properly start this and the DRAUME assembly lines. I'll try add a photo later this week.

Ended up rebuilding the granular synthesizer from the ground up in order to fit all the bits for these and one of the DRAUME programs. Satisfying when projects benefit from each others developments. Also was a satisfying challenge to design the 125B top jack hardware solution and the program selection solution. Might come in handy for future projects. :D
Pladask

committed
committed

Postby adamajah » Tue Jan 07, 2020 7:47 pm

Pladask wrote:Update!
Software is done. 8 programs in total. -1/0/+1/glitch octave forward/reverse. Decided to ditch the low pass filter that was requested (sorry!). I prefer a more "transparent" processing if the filter is unadjustable. Come to think of it lowering the system clock frequency will lower the sample rate and anti-aliasing filter cutoffs so I guess (if you squint) that's kinda like a tone control.

Hardware has arrived and is working. As mentioned I will make 100 units total this year, but I have to make more Tåken, Romferd and Fabrikat before I can properly start this and the DRAUME assembly lines. I'll try add a photo later this week.

Ended up rebuilding the granular synthesizer from the ground up in order to fit all the bits for these and one of the DRAUME programs. Satisfying when projects benefit from each others developments. Also was a satisfying challenge to design the 125B top jack hardware solution and the program selection solution. Might come in handy for future projects. :D

Yes, :)* for the 125B top jacks form factor! Is the interface still the white Bakfram faceplate you posted a couple pages back?
adamajah

experienced
experienced

Postby elefontpress » Tue Jan 07, 2020 10:00 pm

elefontpress

involved
involved

Postby oldangelmidnight » Wed Jan 08, 2020 11:17 am

Pladask wrote: Come to think of it lowering the system clock frequency will lower the sample rate and anti-aliasing filter cutoffs so I guess (if you squint) that's kinda like a tone control.

In a lot of the FV1 pedals I've played that have clock frequency control, lowering the frequency does weird things to the tone. It seems like the fundamental tone gets lower but the artifacting is more high-frequency. That's often when I most want the low-pass filter but I get your rationale for omitting it in this project.
We have to embrace the nastiness.
It is the ILF way. :!!!:
oldangelmidnight

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Pladask » Thu Jan 09, 2020 6:27 am

Is it possible to resize photos to be thread-friendly? Behold the crappy image quality of my phone:
Pladask

committed
committed

PreviousNext

Return to Pladask Elektrisk