BAKVENDT - ILF Reverse Delay Thing!

Moderator: Pladask

Re: BAKVENDT - ILF Reverse Delay Thing!

Postby Pladask » Sun Mar 29, 2020 10:16 am

:)* :)* Glad to hear you like it! I'm sorry there wasn't any detailed tech demo released prior to the launch. I think Kent will have his demo up in early April (?). Wanted to do the sale sooner rather than later in case postal services shut down.

cosmicevan wrote:I am not wild about how you switch modes, hold bypass and twist a knob beyond a threshold...back and forth to toggle more than one mode. Makes it harder

Thanks for the feedback. I agree it's not an ideal system (symptom of the minimal design approach). But might use this method again in future projects for parameters that won't be changed very often like trails, low cut, pad etc.
Pladask

committed
committed

Postby UglyCasanova » Sun Mar 29, 2020 12:33 pm

Here's something less-than-optimal quality-wise, while you wait

Just normal forwards and backwards, plus a little snippet of backwards with an octave up before my phone died.

The clock really sells this for me, as you are able to make some pretty long and interesting soundscapes with it. Yumma yumma! :snax:
UglyCasanova

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Pladask » Sun Mar 29, 2020 3:10 pm

:joy: :joy: :joy:
Pladask

committed
committed

Postby cosmicevan » Sun Mar 29, 2020 6:17 pm

Pladask wrote::)* :)* Glad to hear you like it! I'm sorry there wasn't any detailed tech demo released prior to the launch. I think Kent will have his demo up in early April (?). Wanted to do the sale sooner rather than later in case postal services shut down.

cosmicevan wrote:I am not wild about how you switch modes, hold bypass and twist a knob beyond a threshold...back and forth to toggle more than one mode. Makes it harder

Thanks for the feedback. I agree it's not an ideal system (symptom of the minimal design approach). But might use this method again in future projects for parameters that won't be changed very often like trails, low cut, pad etc.

For me, the biggest challenge is changing modes while effecting my input signal. It would be cool if there was a way to do it without having to turn it off/on. Right now, it seems best for set it and forget it from a mode perspective as opposed to being able to "play it" like an instrument. I can still twist knobs and alter my signal on the fly, but toggling modes would have been cooler. I'm sure I'll figure out a work around (have it feeding into Taken at the moment so catching stuff in the delay buffer on Taken lets me toggle modes). The sounds from BAKFRAM are really excellent.
•○• cosmically yours •○•
cosmicevan

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby Dowi » Mon Mar 30, 2020 2:21 am

UglyCasanova wrote:Here's something less-than-optimal quality-wise, while you wait

Just normal forwards and backwards, plus a little snippet of backwards with an octave up before my phone died.

The clock really sells this for me, as you are able to make some pretty long and interesting soundscapes with it. Yumma yumma! :snax:

i plan to use it for super long repeats, i was hoping someone would show the clk features and possibilities :thumb:

Can't wait to have it, should be here on wednesday, but at the same time i have no hurry since i don't have anything to play it with until we're on lockdown :(
BIRCH BARK | Solo stuff | Bandcamp - Youtube
HIBAGON | Polyrhythmic Heavy Duo | Bandcamp - Spotyshit
Dowi

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby shikawkee » Mon Mar 30, 2020 6:30 pm

Okay, I'm super, duper happy with this pedal. Kudos Knut! Well done. There's a lot in this small package.
Singer-songwriter, composer and author. I also manufacture and distribute Gary Hall designed and endorsed Lexicon PCM42 mods. Owner of HOSAT Effects. BETA tester for Line 6 and Eventide.
shikawkee

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby cantremember » Tue Mar 31, 2020 9:51 am

Got mine in the mail yesterday and had a little time to play around with it. So far its a lot of fun! Gonna really dig into it later today and go over the manual a little bit better to full grasp all its capabilities. Thanks again, Knut!
cantremember

Lagom Gigantic Lurker of BILF
Lagom Gigantic Lurker of BILF

Postby Pladask » Tue Mar 31, 2020 1:13 pm

cosmicevan wrote:For me, the biggest challenge is changing modes while effecting my input signal. It would be cool if there was a way to do it without having to turn it off/on. Right now, it seems best for set it and forget it from a mode perspective as opposed to being able to "play it" like an instrument. I can still twist knobs and alter my signal on the fly, but toggling modes would have been cooler.

Totally see the appeal of such functionality :drool: With Bakfram changing mode wipes the delay memory of the digital signal processor (same as Fabrikat and other FV1 pedals) so if you were able to "play it" you would end up with hard resets when transitioning between programs. Not great for delay-based effects. That's part of the reason for opting for this solution (avoiding the transition altogether). Wish I could transition seamlessly between algorithms while keeping the memory, but it's not possible with the spin FV1 hardware :cry:
Pladask

committed
committed

Postby oldangelmidnight » Tue Mar 31, 2020 2:28 pm

Sounds like it's about time to develop your own DSP platform!
oldangelmidnight

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Pladask » Tue Mar 31, 2020 2:57 pm

oldangelmidnight wrote:Sounds like it's about time to develop your own DSP platform!

Haha have been thinking about this for the last 2 years, and it always ends up being postponed. Bought a STM nucleo last year that I had hoped to start toying around with soon, but there's always stuff coming in the way. Maybe if the market collapsed for a couple of months I could shift my focus to R&D full-time :idea: :facepalm:
Pladask

committed
committed

Postby cosmicevan » Wed Apr 01, 2020 11:11 pm

Pladask wrote:
oldangelmidnight wrote:Sounds like it's about time to develop your own DSP platform!

Haha have been thinking about this for the last 2 years, and it always ends up being postponed. Bought a STM nucleo last year that I had hoped to start toying around with soon, but there's always stuff coming in the way. Maybe if the market collapsed for a couple of months I could shift my focus to R&D full-time :idea: :facepalm:

Yah know, Shakespeare wrote King Lear while in quarantine from the plague....just saying :idea:
•○• cosmically yours •○•
cosmicevan

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby Dowi » Thu Apr 02, 2020 1:51 am

Found a way to plug in and test it a bit last night. It's an interesting, maybe it's just an impression but i feel like the granular character is more evident than in some of the Fabrikat patches, and that's not a bad thing, just different.
Favorite use so far is set the TIME knob to be a bit over the stretching point and keep the CLK before 12 o'clock to have a medium/long repeat, no octave, decay set to destructive feedback (9 o'clock) and high MOD.
Gotta explore more when i have the chance to use my usual pedals and amp instead of audio interface and headphones :lol:
BIRCH BARK | Solo stuff | Bandcamp - Youtube
HIBAGON | Polyrhythmic Heavy Duo | Bandcamp - Spotyshit
Dowi

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby Jwar » Sat Apr 04, 2020 8:49 pm

I have a question. Is there a way to get a normalish delay with this? Not normal normal but like stable. I don't know if I'm saying what I mean right...I want to work it into a song and the only way I've figure out is to turn the mix knob down because the pitch shifting is a bit over the top for what I'm doing. I love the sound but want it to be more subtle yet present. Maybe I need to try my Klein Bottle with it.

Regardless of anything. This pedal is fucking fun. Now I own two pedals by you and before I couldn't find one to save my live without paying a fortune. LOL.

Thanks for the awesome gear!
"I do not have the ability to think rationally 90% of the time and I also change my mind at the drop of a hat".

-JWAR :)
Jwar

Cosmic of BILF
Cosmic of BILF

Postby Pladask » Sun Apr 05, 2020 8:04 am

Jwar wrote:I have a question. Is there a way to get a normalish delay with this?

Set it to forward direction and disable the octave. Use the lower half of the TIME knob range :)

BTW these will go on sale through my website tonight 10:00PM GMT+2 in case anyone missed out
Pladask

committed
committed

Postby gila_crisis » Wed Apr 08, 2020 6:05 am

IMG_0553bb.jpg

Just wow: thank you so much Knut!!
As soon as I got it this morning, took a break from the home office to try it out! Wonderful and super intuitive to use.
I love the momentary hold on both footswtiches, comes in really handy when creating drones together with swell delay and reverbs!
gila_crisis

experienced
experienced

PreviousNext

Return to Pladask Elektrisk