The RMA drawing board/etc.

Moderator: crochambeau

Re: The RMA drawing board/etc.

Postby crochambeau » Wed Oct 14, 2020 9:21 am

Eivind August wrote:What's the sound source in this vid?

Akai Timbre wolf, all four oscillators in unison on a held note and ever so slightly detuned from one another (in addition to different filter settings, some of which are quite resonant). I can take a picture of the panel if anyone is interested..

I appreciate the positive feedback everyone!
I've got to get off my ass and bring to reality that what has been quoted through existence.

Rochambeau Musical Apparatus
Reverb storefront
Shark Tank
crochambeau

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby Chankgeez » Wed Oct 14, 2020 9:23 am

I had a lot of fun with that one that was in the tourbox. :)* :love:
psychic vampire. wrote:The important take away from this thread: Taoism and Ring Modulators go together?
…...........................…
Sweet dealin's: here
"Now, of course, Strega is not a Minimoog… and I am not Sun Ra" - dude from MAKENOISE
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGhbeHujNZQ youtube.com/watch?v=V-2l7kkBURc

Postby Dandolin » Wed Oct 14, 2020 10:38 am

Eivind August wrote: Definitely worth one third of a certain automated reverb to my ears. :joy:

yar, yer not going to be seeking too too much in the way of reverb embellishment when yer drone is grinding through that beastie :animal: :thumb:
"In a moment of unparalleled genius, Noel Parachute headed off this potential disaster by unplugging the microphone."
Dandolin

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Never » Fri Feb 12, 2021 2:44 am

I managed to score 3 RMA pedals last year, and every one's a keeper :thumb: Now I have more pedals from RMA than any other builder besides Boss haha

Any rough ETA on more Stone Splitters, like within a season? Want to make sure I can aim to have some funds available if so, I love analog octavers
Never

committed
committed

Postby Chankgeez » Fri Feb 12, 2021 9:58 am

Never wrote: Now I have more pedals from RMA than any other builder besides Boss haha

I suggest this should be Curtis's new slogan:

RMA, the new Boss!
psychic vampire. wrote:The important take away from this thread: Taoism and Ring Modulators go together?
"Now, of course, Strega is not a Minimoog… and I am not Sun Ra" - dude from MAKENOISE
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGhbeHujNZQ youtube.com/watch?v=V-2l7kkBURc

Postby Never » Fri Feb 12, 2021 12:06 pm

Chankgeez wrote:RMA, the new Boss!

:lol: :thumb: :thumb:

These hunks of metal *are* equally indestructible, I think. If I were going to fend off an intruder and all I had were guitar pedals, I'd be reaching for the RMA
Never

committed
committed

Postby crochambeau » Sat Feb 13, 2021 4:11 pm

Never wrote:Any rough ETA on more Stone Splitters, like within a season?

Rough ETA of Spring 2021, so like, 1.5 years past my original target. :erm:

I'm flummoxed by a single issue with these that only really affect things if you're after a sort of clean cut realism approach.. which of course means I'm probably spinning my wheels for no actually practical reason. Such is life.

Regarding structural integrity of the builds, it delights me to hear such compliments. I have re-housed one early build which suffered the business end of a table flip, but have since increased the gauge of metal used. I don't think the steel is actually much more robust than aluminium shells (which are thicker) but the failure mode is a lot more gentle .

I'm overdue for some updates, but cannot stand the notion of rolling those out before I've caught up with earlier statements. Thanks for the nudge!!

Chankgeez wrote:
Never wrote: Now I have more pedals from RMA than any other builder besides Boss haha

I suggest this should be Curtis's new slogan:

RMA, the new Boss!

Hahahahahaha, no. I'm too fond of Roland in general to start taking swings. Plus, they really have me at a disadvantage with regards to output capability.
I've got to get off my ass and bring to reality that what has been quoted through existence.

Reverb storefront
Shark Tank
crochambeau

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby Chankgeez » Sun Feb 14, 2021 1:56 pm

I'll build you a factory? :lol: :snax: :hug:
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby crochambeau » Sun Feb 14, 2021 2:54 pm

Chankgeez wrote:I'll build you a factory? :lol: :snax: :hug:

I will gladly use a factory built, so long as there are no bean counters breathing down my neck. :animal:

Reverb storefront
Shark Tank
crochambeau

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby BetterOffShred » Wed Apr 21, 2021 1:03 pm

I'm ready to buy a stone splitter. I am lucky enough to have 4 RMA devices and they are used all the time and loved. Looking forward to a 5th
BetterOffShred

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby crochambeau » Wed Apr 21, 2021 8:11 pm

BetterOffShred wrote:I'm ready to buy a stone splitter. I am lucky enough to have 4 RMA devices and they are used all the time and loved. Looking forward to a 5th

:love:

Stone Splitters are very near completion (I'm hung up on a minor behavior aspect I am not happy with). I am guilty of allowing myself to be distracted by Dirty Doper development. I will endeavor to pull myself together and lock in completions so as to add to the heap of love/mayhem.

Reverb storefront
Shark Tank
crochambeau

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby DannDubbleEwe » Wed May 05, 2021 2:59 pm

Dirty Doper development :love:
DannDubbleEwe

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby crochambeau » Fri May 07, 2021 12:32 pm

DannDubbleEwe wrote:Dirty Doper development :love:

Yeah. It is underway. I suffer from perpetual dissatisfaction and like to paint myself into corners though.

I mean, it's close. I just need to figure out how "lobotomized" I need to make it in order to build something that is not a clusterfuck of options the likes of which would freeze users like a curious drunk in the beer aisle.

Reverb storefront
Shark Tank
crochambeau

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby BetterOffShred » Tue May 11, 2021 12:18 am

:drool: :hug:
Looks rad man. Can't wait
BetterOffShred

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby BetterOffShred » Sun Sep 05, 2021 9:05 pm

Hey :)*

I hope things are going well for you, I wanted to drop in and see if you're still planning on selling a couple stone splitters. I'd love to get one still.. Maybe a few other people. :group:
BetterOffShred

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

PreviousNext

Return to Rochambeau Musical Apparatus