The RMA drawing board/etc.

Moderator: crochambeau

Re: The RMA drawing board/etc.

Postby BetterOffShred » Fri Aug 23, 2019 9:35 am

I think that's pretty rad Curtis. It's obvious your builds aren't trivial, and I certainly have a ton of admiration for them. I'll take one of each :love:
BetterOffShred

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby fuzzonaut » Mon Aug 26, 2019 5:23 am

crochambeau wrote:I intend to offer up PCBs and/or kits for many of my designs. While I doubt they'll be the best bet for a novice, I will endeavor to keep them as user friendly as possible. Sometimes it's not possible..

...but I intend on starting with simpler circuits, and maybe diving into a range of operational amplifier based based budget minded circuits. So anyway, let me know if there's any interest in such things.

I'd love to see PCBs and/or kits of any of your designs. :cool:
Now: http://www.deepband.ch / https://fuzzonaut1.bandcamp.com / https://glimmbrand.bandcamp.com / https://soundcloud.com/fuzzonaut-1
Then: https://suiciderat.bandcamp.com / Short Films: https://vimeo.com/user28594850
Good deals: wfs1234, Gigahearts_FX, stanimal, greyscales, hatshirt, insubordination, xrleroyx, HolySchnikes, nevada, skullservant, earthbound, chuckjaywalk, D.o.S., antennafarm, skip, hbombgraphics, UC, jwar, nieh, laekna, Rygot, D-Rainger, behndy, jero
fuzzonaut

experienced
experienced

Postby Dowi » Mon Aug 26, 2019 7:43 am

crochambeau wrote:I intend to offer up PCBs and/or kits for many of my designs. While I doubt they'll be the best bet for a novice, I will endeavor to keep them as user friendly as possible. Sometimes it's not possible..

...but I intend on starting with simpler circuits, and maybe diving into a range of operational amplifier based based budget minded circuits. So anyway, let me know if there's any interest in such things.

I am a total newbie so I won't be able to deal with your circuits for a while, but if I get to the point of feeling confident with my electronic abilities I would be more than happy to grab a couple of PCBs of yours
BIRCH BARK | Solo stuff | Bandcamp - Youtube
HIBAGON | Polyrhythmic Heavy Duo | Bandcamp - Spotyshit
Dowi

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby crochambeau » Mon Aug 26, 2019 11:43 am

Right on, thanks for the feedback everyone!
I've got to get off my ass and bring to reality that what has been quoted through existence.

Rochambeau Musical Apparatus
Reverb storefront
Shark Tank
crochambeau

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby crochambeau » Wed Sep 04, 2019 2:01 pm

I'm cautiously optimistic that I may have resolved the power supply needs for the RMA Powerplant preamplifier (and other stuff that will benefit from bipolar power rails). I designed around +/- 24 volts at 100ma as the target for the discrete operational amplifier, but voltages will be downward adjustable for monolithics.

Seen depicted are some component footprints that I will integrate into the board level offerings (diode and non-polarized caps specifically), ultimately I'd love it if the pads reflect schematic thinking.

Now I just need to finish some builds so I can buy more boards, hahaha.
I've got to get off my ass and bring to reality that what has been quoted through existence.

Reverb storefront
Shark Tank
crochambeau

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby ibarakishi » Wed Sep 04, 2019 8:25 pm

-silently waits in corner sharpening his knives waiting for the apocalypse that using this preamp will most likely bring-
good deals/trades/business with: JonnyAngle, rdw102, crochambeau, worra, $harkToootth, Olin, fuzzonaut, friendship, ianmarks, digi2t
ibarakishi

experienced
experienced

Postby $harkToootth » Fri Oct 18, 2019 2:12 pm

What's going on here?
"SWIPE LEFT ASSHOLE!" -retinal orbita
"Whatever ASSHOLE here’s my pedal that makes humpback whale noises and also it has a built in sequencer so stick it in your craw! -retinal orbita
"Patty Mullen takes me from a ball peen to a sledge" -The Great Velvet Hammer
"...at this exact moment Divine has learned of your jealous scheme from the local town gossip. She also has your address, ASS HOLE!" -Narrator (Mr. J) PINK FLAMINGOS
1 bird per post please
$harkToootth

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby MrNovember » Fri Oct 18, 2019 2:24 pm

$harkToootth wrote:What's going on here?

Magic
MrNovember

Modulae of BILF
Modulae of BILF

Postby crochambeau » Fri Oct 18, 2019 3:42 pm

MrNovember wrote:
$harkToootth wrote:What's going on here?

Magic

:excellent:

Time will tell on the voltage converter (boards finally got ordered on Monday of this week, so hopefully I'll be able to work with them and confirm operation in 2-3 weeks). I'm optimistic they will pave way for numerous other things.

Sigh, I realize I'm opening a huge can of worms here, but, external pressures from several directions are guiding my hand somewhat... I'm building out the last PCB of the early version of Dirty Doper at present so I can have a benchmark unit on hand to weigh the new design against. Development is proceeding at long last on this curmudgeonly artifact.

Also in the voltage module order are at long last Tetanus Booster (DIY accessible) and Stone Splitter (not DIY accessible at this point in time) PCBs.

Reverb storefront
Shark Tank
crochambeau

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby DannDubbleEwe » Fri Oct 18, 2019 5:19 pm

Fffuuuuuuuuuuuu :love: :love: :love: :!!!:
DannDubbleEwe

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby Dandolin » Fri Oct 18, 2019 7:00 pm

Can't wait to see where Stone Splitter goes.... :love:
"In a moment of unparalleled genius, Noel Parachute headed off this potential disaster by unplugging the microphone."
Dandolin

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby PSQRCL » Fri Oct 18, 2019 7:31 pm

Loving the development updates.

And do keep to a pace you're comfortable with, good things come to us who wait :D
PSQRCL

interested
interested

Postby $harkToootth » Fri Oct 18, 2019 8:02 pm

PSQRCL wrote:And do keep to a pace you're comfortable with, good things come to us who wait :D

BINGO!
Guys my custom Monobius is a forever ped. Any time I catch myself looking at Trogotronic or Metasonix I go, "Oh right... Curtis built me that monster."
"SWIPE LEFT ASSHOLE!" -retinal orbita
"Whatever ASSHOLE here’s my pedal that makes humpback whale noises and also it has a built in sequencer so stick it in your craw! -retinal orbita
"Patty Mullen takes me from a ball peen to a sledge" -The Great Velvet Hammer
"...at this exact moment Divine has learned of your jealous scheme from the local town gossip. She also has your address, ASS HOLE!" -Narrator (Mr. J) PINK FLAMINGOS
1 bird per post please
$harkToootth

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby frodog » Mon Oct 21, 2019 3:39 pm

I'm in no rush but Stone Splitter is the one for me, if there's an opportunity to buy a fully built unit at some point, I'm ready.

And of course, any kit type offering too. Those PCBs look sick.
frodog

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby crochambeau » Mon Oct 21, 2019 3:56 pm

I'm not going to release anything for DIY consumption that has not yet had several rounds of debugging or has not yet proved long term reliability out in the field. Plus the Stone Splitter is a more involved project than I want to long distance troubleshoot at the moment. Something that involved might evolve into a partial IC circuit, with discrete transistors only where the nonlinearities work best. I do plan on digging into one as soon as I am able.

I did receive notification less than an hour ago that the PCBs have been sent to fab, which typically means I'll see them in about two weeks.

Reverb storefront
Shark Tank
crochambeau

IAMILF
IAMILF

PreviousNext

Return to Rochambeau Musical Apparatus