New Invention - DC Protection Module

Moderator: spruce_moose

New Invention - DC Protection Module

Postby spruce_moose » Mon Sep 24, 2018 3:47 am

Hey all. Thought I'd make a post here in case anyone was interested. I've made some panels of a protection circuit I designed from scratch after a few years of trying stuff out.. 10 or more PCB/schematic versions.. It might be the first of its kind.. if not, please let me know!

It's in the form of a tiny PCB that attaches to a DC jack and auto-disconnects when too much voltage is connected, or the wrong polarity.

Instantly with no heat, unlike a polyfuse.

Also with around 0.1 Ohms series resistance. The lowest I could get a PTC was 5ohms - interesting fact.. some datasheets state lower, but this is if the PTC is socketed. The reflow process causes an irreversible change..

Going to send the first ones out with a minimum quantity of 40pcs in a V-cut PCB panel @ 59usd shipped anywhere - more for tracking..

You can find a video and pictures of it here https://www.instagram.com/p/BoGaK7nlrA8/
spruce_moose

committed
committed

Re: New Invention - DC Protection Module

Postby Dandolin » Tue Jul 07, 2020 1:38 pm

wuv u :love: :snax:
"In a moment of unparalleled genius, Noel Parachute headed off this potential disaster by unplugging the microphone."
Dandolin

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Return to Lightning Wave