Personal Stash

Moderator: LaoWiz

Re: Personal Stash

Postby Chankgeez » Tue Dec 13, 2016 12:47 pm

oldangelmidnight wrote:I'd sure love to have an Out Sound Harmonic Percolator...

Who wouldn't? :snax:
psychic vampire. wrote:The important take away from this thread: Taoism and Ring Modulators go together?
…...........................…
Sweet dealin's: here
"Now, of course, Strega is not a Minimoog… and I am not Sun Ra" - dude from MAKENOISE
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGhbeHujNZQ youtube.com/watch?v=V-2l7kkBURc

Postby LaoWiz » Tue Jan 24, 2017 1:58 pm

oldangelmidnight wrote:I'd sure love to have an Out Sound Harmonic Percolator...
http://superglops.tumblr.com/post/15439 ... -myself-no
I wonder what that trimpot is for.

Woah, haven't checked this space in ages! Trimpot on that board is in series with one of the resistors that goes to ground from the Germanium transistor. I've replaced the the resistor with just the trim and have put in another trimpot in place of the resistor that connects between the base and collector of the Silicon transistor. Just some fine tuning, really helpful on the Germ as I have found that most of the germanium transistors that I have acquired over the years from random estate sales that I though were trash sound quite great in this circuit. Not all of them but probably 20 out of 30.

This weekend I etched 4 more boards but for smaller non-mojo fat caps mainly because the OG has a couple of ceramic caps in there and I have shitloads of NOS ceramics. Want to do a super small run of these but not sure if they would be in a BB style aluminum enclosure or in the steel super fuzz enclosures that are a pain to etch. I did buy some gun dye per dminner's suggestion that I did a quick test with last night on the steel and it works, just need to do some more experimenting...

I'll make one for you for sure and send along with your Bee Baa, oldangel....
LaoWiz

Supporter
Supporter

Postby Chankgeez » Tue Jan 24, 2017 2:03 pm

:snax:
psychic vampire. wrote:The important take away from this thread: Taoism and Ring Modulators go together?
…...........................…
Sweet dealin's: here
"Now, of course, Strega is not a Minimoog… and I am not Sun Ra" - dude from MAKENOISE
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGhbeHujNZQ youtube.com/watch?v=V-2l7kkBURc

Postby oldangelmidnight » Tue Jan 24, 2017 3:56 pm

Trash transistors in a Harmonic Percolator seems so right, somehow.
oldangelmidnight

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby dminner » Tue Jan 24, 2017 4:55 pm

LaoWiz wrote:This weekend I etched 4 more boards but for smaller non-mojo fat caps mainly because the OG has a couple of ceramic caps in there and I have shitloads of NOS ceramics. Want to do a super small run of these but not sure if they would be in a BB style aluminum enclosure or in the steel super fuzz enclosures that are a pain to etch. I did buy some gun dye per dminner's suggestion that I did a quick test with last night on the steel and it works, just need to do some more experimenting...

Does my gun dye suggestion allow me to get in on this super small run? I still really want one of your pedals. You are the reason I started etching. :hug:
dminner

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby LaoWiz » Wed Jan 25, 2017 12:45 am

:)
Chankgeez wrote::snax:
LaoWiz

Supporter
Supporter

Postby LaoWiz » Wed Jan 25, 2017 12:46 am

oldangelmidnight wrote:Trash transistors in a Harmonic Percolator seems so right, somehow.

No kidding!
LaoWiz

Supporter
Supporter

Postby LaoWiz » Wed Jan 25, 2017 12:48 am

dminner wrote:
LaoWiz wrote:This weekend I etched 4 more boards but for smaller non-mojo fat caps mainly because the OG has a couple of ceramic caps in there and I have shitloads of NOS ceramics. Want to do a super small run of these but not sure if they would be in a BB style aluminum enclosure or in the steel super fuzz enclosures that are a pain to etch. I did buy some gun dye per dminner's suggestion that I did a quick test with last night on the steel and it works, just need to do some more experimenting...

Does my gun dye suggestion allow me to get in on this super small run? I still really want one of your pedals. You are the reason I started etching. :hug:

Dude, we should do some sort of trade. I have a shitload of circuit boards with no enclosures because no art. I should look at some of my favs of yours and have you do something similar....
LaoWiz

Supporter
Supporter

Postby dminner » Wed Jan 25, 2017 1:04 am

LaoWiz wrote:Dude, we should do some sort of trade. I have a shitload of circuit boards with no enclosures because no art. I should look at some of my favs of yours and have you do something similar....

I'm down. Let me know ;)
dminner

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby LaoWiz » Tue Jan 31, 2017 8:48 pm

oldangelmidnight wrote:I'd sure love to have an Out Sound Harmonic Percolator...[/img]
I wonder what that trimpot is for.

Got your Bee Baa board done sans the wiring. Your perc will look sorta like this:

LaoWiz

Supporter
Supporter

Postby oldangelmidnight » Wed Feb 01, 2017 3:56 pm

:love:
Amazing.
oldangelmidnight

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby univalve » Wed May 03, 2017 3:42 pm

Wow!
univalve

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby LaoWiz » Thu May 04, 2017 3:11 pm

univalve wrote:Wow!

Thanks, Uni!

I ended up sanding that one down and etching it. But since these don't etch deep and are a pain to apply to and sand after, I decided to leave the toner on and leave the etched areas unpainted. Hard to explain and better viewed, which I hope to post soon.

I did actually etch and drill 4 of these with the new finish. One reserved for oldangelmidnight and will be putting 3 up for grabs! Think I'll actually finish these this weekend....
LaoWiz

Supporter
Supporter

Postby goroth » Sat May 06, 2017 3:43 pm

Schwing!
ALLisNOISE wrote:you can dial in some wonderfully smeared 12bit cascades of cicadas leveling a hail of rockets against an army of rusty box fans!

Latest album out on all streaming services and bandcamp and what not.
Spotify /// Apple Music
My band /// Instagram ///Bandcamp ///
goroth

HERO
HERO

Previous

Return to The Out Sound