Penny Pedals Radio Deluxe LoFi Filter w res and RECEPTION!



Moderator: TweedBassman

Re: Penny Pedals Radio Deluxe LoFi Filter w res and RECEPTIO

Postby Dandolin » Wed Aug 05, 2015 12:10 am

I'm back just to dance around the campfire some more. :dance: :yay: :dance:
On an other board, in another time:
"I also have a Fat Goat HB/P90 on my bastardized f-hollowed V, which is made of God-knows what kind of wood and of how many pieces. That guitar sounded OK when I installed one Shlabotnik pup on it; it actually became alive, very soaring; but I ended up preferring the Fat Goat, which gives me a darker, more "barking" tone as well as more "CHANK" and (maybe) better dynamics when played clean."
Dandolin

User avatar
IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS
 
Posts: 8085
Joined: Thu Oct 15, 2009 2:33 pm
Location: On the pharm in PA

Re: Penny Pedals Radio Deluxe LoFi Filter w res and RECEPTIO

Postby goroth » Wed Aug 05, 2015 1:18 am

TweedBassman wrote:
goroth wrote:Matt, if you can do one with top mount jacks I'll have to upgrade!

RD is one of my favourite pedals.


would you mind a slightly larger box (125B) with top mount jacks?

if top mount fit in the normal box you got it, otherwise i'll order one screenprinted custom for ya.

Awesome!

I'll email you after I get paid on the 25th!
D.o.S. wrote:As an aspiring Suburban Lifestyle Influencer I find this tweet relevant to my lifestyle goals and personal branding.

New killer album out on all streaming services and bandcamp and what not.
Spotify /// Apple Music
My band /// Instagram ///Bandcamp ///
goroth

User avatar
HERO
HERO
 
Posts: 12497
Joined: Wed Jan 25, 2012 3:50 am
Location: Eurothrash: Frozen northern outpost.

Re: Penny Pedals Radio Deluxe LoFi Filter w res and RECEPTIO

Postby Dandolin » Tue Sep 01, 2015 4:08 pm

This is still in the brew stage, right? Don't want to miss this bus....
On an other board, in another time:
"I also have a Fat Goat HB/P90 on my bastardized f-hollowed V, which is made of God-knows what kind of wood and of how many pieces. That guitar sounded OK when I installed one Shlabotnik pup on it; it actually became alive, very soaring; but I ended up preferring the Fat Goat, which gives me a darker, more "barking" tone as well as more "CHANK" and (maybe) better dynamics when played clean."
Dandolin

User avatar
IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS
 
Posts: 8085
Joined: Thu Oct 15, 2009 2:33 pm
Location: On the pharm in PA

Re: Penny Pedals Radio Deluxe LoFi Filter w res and RECEPTIO

Postby goroth » Tue Sep 01, 2015 4:41 pm

Yeah, Matt's been on holiday.
D.o.S. wrote:As an aspiring Suburban Lifestyle Influencer I find this tweet relevant to my lifestyle goals and personal branding.

New killer album out on all streaming services and bandcamp and what not.
Spotify /// Apple Music
My band /// Instagram ///Bandcamp ///
goroth

User avatar
HERO
HERO
 
Posts: 12497
Joined: Wed Jan 25, 2012 3:50 am
Location: Eurothrash: Frozen northern outpost.

Re: Penny Pedals Radio Deluxe LoFi Filter w res and RECEPTIO

Postby Dandolin » Tue Sep 01, 2015 9:46 pm

Noice. :)*
On an other board, in another time:
"I also have a Fat Goat HB/P90 on my bastardized f-hollowed V, which is made of God-knows what kind of wood and of how many pieces. That guitar sounded OK when I installed one Shlabotnik pup on it; it actually became alive, very soaring; but I ended up preferring the Fat Goat, which gives me a darker, more "barking" tone as well as more "CHANK" and (maybe) better dynamics when played clean."
Dandolin

User avatar
IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS
 
Posts: 8085
Joined: Thu Oct 15, 2009 2:33 pm
Location: On the pharm in PA

Re: Penny Pedals Radio Deluxe LoFi Filter w res and RECEPTIO

Postby Dandolin » Sat Nov 28, 2015 11:44 am

Any more word on the new reception switch? :love: Still wistfully wanting....
On an other board, in another time:
"I also have a Fat Goat HB/P90 on my bastardized f-hollowed V, which is made of God-knows what kind of wood and of how many pieces. That guitar sounded OK when I installed one Shlabotnik pup on it; it actually became alive, very soaring; but I ended up preferring the Fat Goat, which gives me a darker, more "barking" tone as well as more "CHANK" and (maybe) better dynamics when played clean."
Dandolin

User avatar
IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS
 
Posts: 8085
Joined: Thu Oct 15, 2009 2:33 pm
Location: On the pharm in PA

Re: Penny Pedals Radio Deluxe LoFi Filter w res and RECEPTIO

Postby Eric! » Thu Dec 10, 2015 2:44 pm

Dandolin wrote:Any more word on the new reception switch? :love: Still wistfully wanting....
Eric!

User avatar
IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS
 
Posts: 6682
Joined: Sun Jun 27, 2010 1:53 am

Re: Penny Pedals Radio Deluxe LoFi Filter w res and RECEPTIO

Postby Howsyrface » Fri Jan 01, 2016 8:34 pm

Looks like the reception pedal is imminent: https://www.instagram.com/p/_pnmrCMxuY/ ... ennypedals
Now how do I actually get one ???
Howsyrface

interested
interested
 
Posts: 42
Joined: Sat Aug 01, 2015 2:18 am

Re: Penny Pedals Radio Deluxe LoFi Filter w res and RECEPTIO

Postby infamousalien » Tue Feb 16, 2016 6:22 pm

Howsyrface wrote:Looks like the reception pedal is imminent: https://www.instagram.com/p/_pnmrCMxuY/ ... ennypedals
Now how do I actually get one ???


Want to hear a demo of this. :snax:
infamousalien

User avatar
experienced
experienced
 
Posts: 501
Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2016 3:28 pm
Location: Moon Base

Re: Penny Pedals Radio Deluxe LoFi Filter w res and RECEPTIO

Postby hotknife » Thu Jan 26, 2017 8:07 am

Looks like the Reception switch was scrapped. D: Anyone try the current Speaker mode? Would love to hear some clips yo.
#reversereverbintoprofit #ambientflippershark
hotknife

experienced
experienced
 
Posts: 501
Joined: Tue Oct 04, 2016 5:06 pm

Re: Penny Pedals Radio Deluxe LoFi Filter w res and RECEPTIO

Postby Dandolin » Thu Jan 26, 2017 12:19 pm

Still up for whatever downgrade upgrades may be in the works; still lovin' my 1-switch DLX....

Actually super useful as a pre-distortion shaper waaaay beyond what might commonly be thought of as "lofi."

Also also--placed between distortion and fancy pants delays, reverbs and modulations you can dial in some really unexpected textures that aren't readily identifiable to the ear as "lofi."

And cocked wah stuff if you want it.

And does all the lofi.

But please by all means bring on all the radio static/stray radio stations/whacky speaker emulations you can pack in there. I will buy again. :joy:
On an other board, in another time:
"I also have a Fat Goat HB/P90 on my bastardized f-hollowed V, which is made of God-knows what kind of wood and of how many pieces. That guitar sounded OK when I installed one Shlabotnik pup on it; it actually became alive, very soaring; but I ended up preferring the Fat Goat, which gives me a darker, more "barking" tone as well as more "CHANK" and (maybe) better dynamics when played clean."
Dandolin

User avatar
IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS
 
Posts: 8085
Joined: Thu Oct 15, 2009 2:33 pm
Location: On the pharm in PA

Re: Penny Pedals Radio Deluxe LoFi Filter w res and RECEPTIO

Postby goroth » Thu Jan 26, 2017 2:15 pm

I have mine post distortion and pre delay.
It's currently getting etched otherwise I'd throw together a demo.
Love it.
D.o.S. wrote:As an aspiring Suburban Lifestyle Influencer I find this tweet relevant to my lifestyle goals and personal branding.

New killer album out on all streaming services and bandcamp and what not.
Spotify /// Apple Music
My band /// Instagram ///Bandcamp ///
goroth

User avatar
HERO
HERO
 
Posts: 12497
Joined: Wed Jan 25, 2012 3:50 am
Location: Eurothrash: Frozen northern outpost.

Re: Penny Pedals Radio Deluxe LoFi Filter w res and RECEPTIO

Postby hotknife » Thu Jan 26, 2017 11:20 pm

Excellent, excellent. :excellent: Thanks guys. Lo-fi radness + pre distortion shaper is exactly wot I wanted to hear. :cool:

And, Goroth, you reminded me of this when I was going through the Fav Builder/Pedal thread.
#reversereverbintoprofit #ambientflippershark
hotknife

experienced
experienced
 
Posts: 501
Joined: Tue Oct 04, 2016 5:06 pm

Re: Penny Pedals Radio Deluxe LoFi Filter w res and RECEPTIO

Postby goroth » Fri Jan 27, 2017 5:13 am

hotknife wrote:Excellent, excellent. :excellent: Thanks guys. Lo-fi radness + pre distortion shaper is exactly wot I wanted to hear. :cool:

And, Goroth, you reminded me of this when I was going through the Fav Builder/Pedal thread.

Hahahaha!
Yeah... :facepalm:
I can get a bit stuck on gear I like.

Anyway, I use this way more than I thought I would. At first I got it for the broken radio tonez. But then I read a post, maybe Pumpkinpieces, about using reverb to put your guitar in different places in the mix. I still haven't found much use for reverb in the type of racket I normally make (beyond dem outer space leeeeeaaads), but the idea stuck with me, and I've been using the Radio Deluxe to do this. For example, when the other guitarist is playing the main riff and I want to play something to go with the vocals I'll often put the radio deluxe on. take the edge off the treble, leave more room for the vocals, and bring the riff to the front. You don't really notice it a lot in the context when you step on it, as your ear follows the riffs and the vocals, but then when you step off and you get hit with full volume and full spectrum from two guitars at once it hits like a hammer. :yay: :yay: :yay:
D.o.S. wrote:As an aspiring Suburban Lifestyle Influencer I find this tweet relevant to my lifestyle goals and personal branding.

New killer album out on all streaming services and bandcamp and what not.
Spotify /// Apple Music
My band /// Instagram ///Bandcamp ///
goroth

User avatar
HERO
HERO
 
Posts: 12497
Joined: Wed Jan 25, 2012 3:50 am
Location: Eurothrash: Frozen northern outpost.

Re: Penny Pedals Radio Deluxe LoFi Filter w res and RECEPTIO

Postby hotknife » Fri Jan 27, 2017 1:23 pm

goroth wrote:
hotknife wrote:Excellent, excellent. :excellent: Thanks guys. Lo-fi radness + pre distortion shaper is exactly wot I wanted to hear. :cool:

And, Goroth, you reminded me of this when I was going through the Fav Builder/Pedal thread.

Hahahaha!
Yeah... :facepalm:
I can get a bit stuck on gear I like.

Anyway, I use this way more than I thought I would. At first I got it for the broken radio tonez. But then I read a post, maybe Pumpkinpieces, about using reverb to put your guitar in different places in the mix. I still haven't found much use for reverb in the type of racket I normally make (beyond dem outer space leeeeeaaads), but the idea stuck with me, and I've been using the Radio Deluxe to do this. For example, when the other guitarist is playing the main riff and I want to play something to go with the vocals I'll often put the radio deluxe on. take the edge off the treble, leave more room for the vocals, and bring the riff to the front. You don't really notice it a lot in the context when you step on it, as your ear follows the riffs and the vocals, but then when you step off and you get hit with full volume and full spectrum from two guitars at once it hits like a hammer. :yay: :yay: :yay:


Awesome! :yay: Creative and useful applications like that are what got me hyped for one. Thanks for spilling the deeets. Would love to see pics of your etched Radio too once it's done. :cool:
#reversereverbintoprofit #ambientflippershark
hotknife

experienced
experienced
 
Posts: 501
Joined: Tue Oct 04, 2016 5:06 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Penny Pedals



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


Sponsored Ad. (Please no inflated/repetitive clicking. Thanks!)

Advertisements help support ILF


ilovefuzz.com is not responsible for user-submitted content. Users participate at their own discretion and risk.