The Doom Room: ILF Edition

Re: The Doom Room: ILF Edition

Postby fallen » Sat Oct 10, 2015 1:35 pm

Is this the size of a Pharaoh?

I forgot about this build, looks so awesome - I want one!
fallen

committed
committed

Postby AxAxSxS » Sat Oct 10, 2015 2:58 pm

samzadgan wrote:
You should do a flat pack version...that we could screw together and load up with speakers!

So much this.
Band=InfiniteFlux Flux on Bandcamp
"Ingenuity comes in the face of adversity, and nobody ever becomes a legend by following the rules set by society" -A.A.
Corey Y wrote:it's not obsessive gear hoarding. ;)

Infinite Flux full sets and demo's on youtube
whiskey_face wrote:that girl can fucking hit lemme tell you :love: :lol:

https://infiniteflux.bandcamp.com/
AxAxSxS

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby louderthangod » Sat Oct 10, 2015 3:43 pm

HeavyXIII wrote:
odontophobia wrote:
new05002 wrote:Yea Micro POG is the best solution. Most of the analog octave stuff up or down has poor tracking. The only thing I have found that tracks well is the digital polyphonic stuff.

This has been my experience as well. Would be great for a glitchy sound but probably not what he's going for based on what I'm hearing.

Any thoughts on just a POG2 without the use of the B9/C9, etc? I haven't tweaked it enough but I feel like you'd be able to pull off those Organ sounds without the use of those pedals, though there may be more versatility there.

This track is a ripper. Super moody. Definitely digging it. Hope he finds a solution that works out for him.

Ya, some of the bigger POGs might be better options. I never really dug on the B9/C9 sounds, mostly because I thought they sounded doable with other boxes. Can't hurt to simplify at the cost of both a Micro and B9.

I just replaced my Rainbow Machine which I've just never bonded with with the Red Panda Raster and that with the POG set with some sub octaves and just a few of the higher ones into the Raster cycling the octaves up into some really lush reverb is amazing sounding. I love the POG2...lots of great settings to switch through especially for drones and making the guitar sound very not guitar like but then again not all that synth like is my favorite use for it.
[b]“I'm not an abstractionist. I'm not interested in the relationship of color or form or anything else. I'm interested only in expressing basic human emotions: tragedy, ecstasy, doom, and so on.”
― Mark Rothko
http://www.floatingglasses.bandcamp.com http://theworshipofsilence.bandcamp.com
louderthangod

experienced
experienced

Postby new05002 » Sat Oct 10, 2015 8:20 pm

fallen wrote:Image

Is this the size of a Pharaoh?

I forgot about this build, looks so awesome - I want one!

yes it is but that is the prototype that was in the tourbox. It is no longer that size.

My pedal collection

new05002

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby misterstomach » Sun Oct 11, 2015 1:19 pm

t-rey wrote:
samzadgan wrote:
Iommic Pope wrote:You guys are playing low down, right?
You could probably justify the 200, but is it going to do a perceptibly better job than the superbass in most settings.
Plus I'm willing to put dollars on the fact that when you go to record, you're gonna want that Marshall there.

Yeah we play down in B...the main problem i would have is that i want to run dual rig with my pedal board going to both amps...in that scenario a 2 channel amp is useless as i would only be able to use one channel and get all my dirt from pedals. I think if i played a single rig a 2 channel would be ok.

I'd encourage you to rethink that. Some of the cooler tones I've gotten were running two kinds of dirt (blackstar amp, and Elements or some fuzz into another amp). Plus running mod and delay into one amp and the other amp 'dry' lets you get really fucking crazy with mod and oscillation and stuff while maintaining clarity from the unaffected amp.

Wisdom and truth spoken right there. The man knows what he's saying. I don't really use mod, per se, but delay and verb or whatever. The principle remains the same.
ryan summit wrote:Damn these fuckin bullshit techherpes
misterstomach

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby samzadgan » Sun Oct 11, 2015 6:23 pm

misterstomach wrote:
t-rey wrote:
samzadgan wrote:
You could probably justify the 200, but is it going to do a perceptibly better job than the superbass in most settings.
Plus I'm willing to put dollars on the fact that when you go to record, you're gonna want that Marshall there.

Yeah we play down in B...the main problem i would have is that i want to run dual rig with my pedal board going to both amps...in that scenario a 2 channel amp is useless as i would only be able to use one channel and get all my dirt from pedals. I think if i played a single rig a 2 channel would be ok.

I'd encourage you to rethink that. Some of the cooler tones I've gotten were running two kinds of dirt (blackstar amp, and Elements or some fuzz into another amp). Plus running mod and delay into one amp and the other amp 'dry' lets you get really fucking crazy with mod and oscillation and stuff while maintaining clarity from the unaffected amp.

Wisdom and truth spoken right there. The man knows what he's saying. I don't really use mod, per se, but delay and verb or whatever. The principle remains the same.

The only problem with running different dirt, through pedals or single channel amp with pedal and dirty channel on 2 channel amp, would be the tap dancing involved between clean and dirt tones.

The kind of music we play goes in and out of clean to distorted tones...unless what I do is one amp is set to clean and the other amp is set to distortion, and i switch amps for my clean/dirt tones...otherwise it would require some kind of sophisticated switching system that puts on the dirt pedal on the clean amp, and switch the channel on the second amp at the same time...not even sure what that would involve...?? any ideas??

also, this kind of talk is no good...i happened to walk into a music shop on the weekend...they have a big orange line up...they had a white Thunderverb 200, which had been used at a music festival last year, or early this year...and it was $2000...which is about half the price of a new one (and I could probably get more taken off as its been sitting there for so long). It looked like it had hardly beein used though when i compared it to the other amps that were reduced for the same reason (Rockerverbs) which had black marks everywhere and some scratches. Asthetically...white matamp rig + white thunderverb rig would be pretty cool...but something inside me says I would sorely regret selling the marshall.
AxAxSxS wrote:...if its a loud tube amp.... :doom:

Iommic Pope wrote:Amps first, makeup sex later.
samzadgan

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby D.o.S. » Mon Oct 12, 2015 9:38 am

Yeah I would not flip your Marshall for a Thunderverb.
good deals are here.
escapecraft is here.
UglyCasanova wrote: It's not the expensive programs you use, it's the way you click and drag.

Achtane wrote:
comesect2.0 wrote:Michael Jackson king tut little Richard in your butt.

IT'S THE ENNNND OF THE WORRRLD AS WE KNOW IT
D.o.S.

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby odontophobia » Mon Oct 12, 2015 11:13 am

samzadgan wrote:
misterstomach wrote:
t-rey wrote:
samzadgan wrote:

The only problem with running different dirt, through pedals or single channel amp with pedal and dirty channel on 2 channel amp, would be the tap dancing involved between clean and dirt tones.

The kind of music we play goes in and out of clean to distorted tones...unless what I do is one amp is set to clean and the other amp is set to distortion, and i switch amps for my clean/dirt tones...otherwise it would require some kind of sophisticated switching system that puts on the dirt pedal on the clean amp, and switch the channel on the second amp at the same time...not even sure what that would involve...?? any ideas??

also, this kind of talk is no good...i happened to walk into a music shop on the weekend...they have a big orange line up...they had a white Thunderverb 200, which had been used at a music festival last year, or early this year...and it was $2000...which is about half the price of a new one (and I could probably get more taken off as its been sitting there for so long). It looked like it had hardly beein used though when i compared it to the other amps that were reduced for the same reason (Rockerverbs) which had black marks everywhere and some scratches. Asthetically...white matamp rig + white thunderverb rig would be pretty cool...but something inside me says I would sorely regret selling the marshall.

I just bought a Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier and I cannot lie... Dedicated channels are a beautiful thing.
odontophobia

Supporter
Supporter

Postby conky » Mon Oct 12, 2015 3:19 pm

I used to run all of my pedals into my Soldano and then have my 2204 on set to dirty and kick that in with an AB/Y box whenever I needed a little extra badass added in with my heavies. It also sounded great running alongside the cleans with some delay on the Soldano. Reminded me of the beginning track of The Secret's "Solve et Coagula".
conky

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby conky » Mon Oct 12, 2015 3:21 pm

Oh, I forgot... Buried at Sea are having their Migration Lp released on vinyl at the beginning of Dec. I'm getting some copies for my distro so if'n yous guys want in on it let me know.
conky

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby D.o.S. » Mon Oct 12, 2015 4:51 pm

PPPPPPMMMMMMMDDDDDDD
good deals are here.
escapecraft is here.
UglyCasanova wrote: It's not the expensive programs you use, it's the way you click and drag.

Achtane wrote:
comesect2.0 wrote:Michael Jackson king tut little Richard in your butt.

IT'S THE ENNNND OF THE WORRRLD AS WE KNOW IT
D.o.S.

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby BoatRich » Mon Oct 12, 2015 5:10 pm

Amp distortion mixed with pedals is definitely the way to go. I'm running a peavey musician's amp fuzz/distortion and then a v4 with a rat+muff and it sounds huge.
BoatRich

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby samzadgan » Mon Oct 12, 2015 7:01 pm

D.o.S. wrote:Yeah I would not flip your Marshall for a Thunderverb.

I slept on it and yeah i agree...it would be cool to try out but, not worth selling the marshall for it.

Sometime soon if i can get the cash together ill give it a go and see what happens.
AxAxSxS wrote:...if its a loud tube amp.... :doom:

Iommic Pope wrote:Amps first, makeup sex later.
samzadgan

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby t-rey » Mon Oct 12, 2015 9:19 pm

misterstomach wrote:Wisdom and truth spoken right there. The man knows what he's saying. I don't really use mod, per se, but delay and verb or whatever. The principle remains the same.

:thumb:

samzadgan wrote:The only problem with running different dirt, through pedals or single channel amp with pedal and dirty channel on 2 channel amp, would be the tap dancing involved between clean and dirt tones.

Yeah, if you are coming in and out of clean a lot that could be pretty problematic. You may be able to get by using an A/B/Y and shutting off the dirty amp, turning off your dirt pedulz then having a good clean coming from one amp. Then you can add in the other amp clean if you wanted to get weird with mod/delay/whatever. Still kind of tap dancing, but probably easier/cheaper than a crazy midi switching thing.

As cool as the Thunderverbs are, I wouldn't get rid of that Marshall for one.

odontophobia wrote:I just bought a Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier and I cannot lie... Dedicated channels are a beautiful thing.

Dem ASG toanz :love:
t-rey

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby odontophobia » Mon Oct 12, 2015 10:50 pm

t-rey wrote:
misterstomach wrote:Wisdom and truth spoken right there. The man knows what he's saying. I don't really use mod, per se, but delay and verb or whatever. The principle remains the same.

:thumb:

samzadgan wrote:The only problem with running different dirt, through pedals or single channel amp with pedal and dirty channel on 2 channel amp, would be the tap dancing involved between clean and dirt tones.

Yeah, if you are coming in and out of clean a lot that could be pretty problematic. You may be able to get by using an A/B/Y and shutting off the dirty amp, turning off your dirt pedulz then having a good clean coming from one amp. Then you can add in the other amp clean if you wanted to get weird with mod/delay/whatever. Still kind of tap dancing, but probably easier/cheaper than a crazy midi switching thing.

As cool as the Thunderverbs are, I wouldn't get rid of that Marshall for one.

odontophobia wrote:I just bought a Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier and I cannot lie... Dedicated channels are a beautiful thing.

Dem ASG toanz :love:

I won't lie, especially after jamming on it in the "band" context (no drummer/bassist) and I couldn't be happier. It's weird to say that I no longer have dirt/fuzz on my pedalboard right now but I don't know if I've been happier with my setup. SO anti-ILF of me but I can't help it.

I think I'm gonna be throwing a lot of pedals up on the chopping block to help fund some other purchases now.
odontophobia

Supporter
Supporter

PreviousNext

Return to ilovedoom.org