Count to 5 repair?

Moderator: multi_s

Count to 5 repair?

Postby shreeswifty » Sun Oct 01, 2023 11:35 am

I have purchased two count to fives and i am finding that the main engage switch fails and before i resort to buying another i am wondering if anyone can help
I have emailed Montreal Assembly for repairing the one i have. I sent several emails inquiring about repair and perhaps they are on vacation or too busy to respond.
I do not know how to fix it myself so I'd love to hear from others regarding a repair for it or a technician that can before i have to resort to buying another one.
I had an incident a few years ago where one fell off a stage and the switches broke and it was repaired by MA well but now after using the pedal for a few more years the engage switch is intermittently failing and i want to use it live and i cant trust it to engage or allow sound to flow through properly

Thanks

pp
“Information is not knowledge. Knowledge is not wisdom. Wisdom is not truth. Truth is not beauty. Beauty is not love. Love is not music.
Music is THE BEST.
shreeswifty

uncommitted
uncommitted

Re: Count to 5 repair?

Postby cosmicevan » Thu Oct 05, 2023 11:20 pm

Based on my personal experience and what I've read...and I really hate to say this...but you should seek a repair elsewhere. Switching out the main engage switch should be a pretty basic fix that even you might be able to do it with zero experience. If you get the same part it's just a hot swap. Otherwise, I would suspect it is a fairly cheap repair, the part is like a buck or two.
•○• cosmically yours •○•
cosmicevan

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby Dr. Sherman Sticks M.D. » Fri Oct 13, 2023 1:04 pm

sometimes a good spray of deoxit and then working of the switch (flipping it up/down/all around a million times)
can do wonders for things like this
maybe rinse and repeat a few times if its really really dirty

i used to "fix" so many thigns this way that i thought were really broken only to find out that they were just really dirty and only needed to be cleaned

of course thats not always the case
if the actual switch or switching mechanism is failing then u need to replace with a new one
Dr. Sherman Sticks M.D.

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby mcatano » Tue Oct 24, 2023 10:47 am

Given that you're in Baltimore, maybe reach out to BSRI via IG and see if they'd swap the switch for you? They're a member here too but not sure how active they are.

The main 3pdt failed on mine recently as well - hopefully yours is similarly easy to get back up and running.
mcatano

committed
committed

Return to Montreal Assembly