Count To Five

Moderator: multi_s

Re: Count To Five

Postby elefontpress » Sun Jul 04, 2021 11:12 am

(Disregard post; server timeout blip)
Last edited by elefontpress on Sun Jul 04, 2021 1:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
elefontpress

involved
involved

Postby gila_crisis » Sun Jul 04, 2021 1:37 pm

Looking forward to the CT5: I placed an order today! :!!!:

elefontpress wrote:
Woolworm wrote:Is there gonna be any stocked soon? When was the last time they'd been in stock? I FINALLY WANNA BUY ONE!

Green and White are still in stock!
gila_crisis

experienced
experienced

Postby multi_s » Wed Jul 07, 2021 10:55 am

Tall Walls wrote:I just tested this on my trusty old blue CT5, and it works in the "old" way. Which is what I remembered, but I hadn't used the "play beyond 8 seconds" feature in a while.

Looking at the firmware download page, I see that there's been PCB revision I wasn't aware of before. Your white CT5 must have this new Rev M board with the 0.97k firmware. If I had to guess, I'd say that Mode 3's behavior was changed in the 0.97k firmware; unless I'm misunderstanding the firmware download page, earlier firmware versions won't work with Rev M boards. But this could be considered a bug, and maybe Scott will correct it in a future firmware.

Does anyone know what changes have been made to the PCB in Rev M? I'm a little surprised this hasn't been mentioned before, but these forums have been pretty dead lately. Maybe I missed something. In the meantime, I'm going to keep the 0.963k firmware on mine.

Mostly due to chip shortages we had to make a different pcb revision to accommodate what parts are available. Rev k/l/m will all continue to be supported.

The change to mode 3 is not a bug, it is as intended to act more as most loopers do iirc.

I can provide an alternate in teh near future without this, but that is what ships on the current units.
multi_s

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby Tall Walls » Wed Jul 07, 2021 12:28 pm

multi_s wrote:Mostly due to chip shortages we had to make a different pcb revision to accommodate what parts are available. Rev k/l/m will all continue to be supported.

The change to mode 3 is not a bug, it is as intended to act more as most loopers do iirc.

I can provide an alternate in teh near future without this, but that is what ships on the current units.

Makes sense. Thanks for the update!

I might give the new firmware a whirl to see if the new looper behavior agrees with my foot. Something changed a firmware or two ago that made it hard for me to get a clean loop. I have to lift my foot a fraction of a second before it seems natural to do so.
Tall Walls

committed
committed

Postby oldangelmidnight » Thu Jul 08, 2021 10:01 am

I miss the tap to start and tap to stop on the old firmware.
oldangelmidnight

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Dowi » Fri Jul 09, 2021 12:47 am

oldangelmidnight wrote:I miss the tap to start and tap to stop on the old firmware.

^^^^^^^^^^
The real deal.
A few months back I loaded mine with the old firmware that allowed this but I wasn't satisfied with the result.
Firmware .941k was able to do that losing some of the other features, BUT apparently the pedal "takes" the signal not on the press of the footswtich but on the release of it, and only if i held it down for at least 0.5sec., so i came back to the current firmware :cry:
BIRCH BARK | Solo stuff | Bandcamp - Youtube
HIBAGON | Polyrhythmic Heavy Duo | Bandcamp - Spotyshit
Dowi

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby Tall Walls » Sat Jul 10, 2021 12:22 am

I loaded the 0.95k firmware, which doesn't have the weird timing issue with Mode 3 looping, but it also doesn't the have frozen-buffer option in Mode 1, nor any of the modulation options. I'm not sure if I'll keep it this way or switch the newest firmware. Right now I have one CT5 loaded with 0.95k and another with 0.963k. I think I've given up on the Nightly. Mode 2 is nice sometimes, but with two CT5s I can get a Nightly Mode 1 sound, and I could never get anything good happening with Nightly Mode 3. I've grown to believe that the key feature for me on the CT5 is Transcendence. Being able to manipulate the same loop in all three modes allows the loop to evolve in such an organic way. I wish I could export the transcendence concept into the CBA Mood so I could keep the same loop alive while switching Drolo modes.
Tall Walls

committed
committed

Postby Tall Walls » Mon Jul 12, 2021 12:56 am

I updated one of my CT5s with the 0.97k firmware, and I can't get the step modulation in Mode 3 to work. I did the usual thing, holding up Q and turning DIR 3 all the way clockwise, but nothing happened. The other Q features work--I can adjust the volume of each head in Mode 3, adjust trigger sensitivity in Mode 1, etc. Has anyone else run across this issue?
Tall Walls

committed
committed

Postby cosmicevan » Mon Jul 12, 2021 10:38 pm

I know what you mean about the Mood...that is pretty annoying. I haven't noticed any issues with any of the Q features although I was never too keen on how to control the step modulation and only explored it peripherally.
•○• cosmically yours •○•
cosmicevan

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby Tall Walls » Tue Jul 13, 2021 10:37 pm

The number of times I've flicked the Drolo switch on the Mood thinking I'm going to get the same loop but now time-stretched or whatever is truly embarrassing. But no one is watching.

Since my CT5 is Rev L I have the luxury of loading the 0.963k firmware, rendering my question about Mode 3 Q features academic. Presumably Rev M folks will raise their voices if this is truly an issue.
Tall Walls

committed
committed

Postby gila_crisis » Fri Jul 23, 2021 4:41 am

finally the CT5 is here!
Still learning but the first test I managed to create some very cool sounds and texture.

I have few question/remarks tough:
- the secondary parameters are always resetted on power down?
- on mode 3, I hold up the Q switch to engage the step sequencer, but I tried every possible setting of the 3 knob... nothing happens... same issues as reported few post before!
- also on Mode 3, DIR1 seams not to react to Q down, the volume of head 1 is always the same.
- and old firmwares (lke the 0.963) do not work on the Rev.M board, right?

My pedal is a latest Rev. M board,firmware 0.97.
gila_crisis

experienced
experienced

Postby gila_crisis » Wed Jul 28, 2021 5:09 am

Super digging the CT5 so far!
While waiting for a new firmware to fix the Step Sequencer on 0.97 Mode3 (which up to now, I'm not so yet fond of, but I need to spend more time on this mode), so far I love Mode 1 & 2!
Especially Mode 2 is super cool to create randomized textures/loops (w/ reverse + half speed), and I found out that if you to a loop as short as possible you can use Mode 2 as a Freeze workalike, to change the frozen bit hold the soft swtich: perfect.
On Mode 1 there's a lot happening too! I found this setting with the shortest buffer length, full feedback and reverse: it becomes a ring-modulesque droner!
And the trascendence thing is a super handy tool, so that I can mangle sounds with Mode 1 (I love the destructive manipulation you can perform by changing the buffer length and direction), then go over to Mode 2 or 3 to have that continuosly looping: Pure blast!
I tried the Nightly firmware a pair of times, but it's not my piece of cake: it's a bit over the top for my needs and there are too many secondary parameters managed by only 4 knobs.
But I enjoyed a lot the dual CT5T5!
gila_crisis

experienced
experienced

Postby roloshingshing » Thu Jul 29, 2021 7:09 pm

multi_s wrote:
Tall Walls wrote:I just tested this on my trusty old blue CT5, and it works in the "old" way. Which is what I remembered, but I hadn't used the "play beyond 8 seconds" feature in a while.

Looking at the firmware download page, I see that there's been PCB revision I wasn't aware of before. Your white CT5 must have this new Rev M board with the 0.97k firmware. If I had to guess, I'd say that Mode 3's behavior was changed in the 0.97k firmware; unless I'm misunderstanding the firmware download page, earlier firmware versions won't work with Rev M boards. But this could be considered a bug, and maybe Scott will correct it in a future firmware.

Does anyone know what changes have been made to the PCB in Rev M? I'm a little surprised this hasn't been mentioned before, but these forums have been pretty dead lately. Maybe I missed something. In the meantime, I'm going to keep the 0.963k firmware on mine.

Mostly due to chip shortages we had to make a different pcb revision to accommodate what parts are available. Rev k/l/m will all continue to be supported.

Not sure if related to new firmware/pcb but my new ct5 dropped volume by about 80% out of nowhere the other night. Tested a million different cables and dc 9v and once every ten times it’ll start working for about 5 minutes and then revert to the buggy behavior.

Has anyone else experienced this?
roloshingshing

uncommitted
uncommitted

Postby cosmicevan » Sat Jul 31, 2021 8:16 pm

Mode 1 in the original is my favorite. I’ve spent so much time learning that mode which is probably why I like it the most. The most time with it. Such an incredible pedal...I have 2 one for each firmware. Tempted to have 6.
•○• cosmically yours •○•
cosmicevan

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby roloshingshing » Sun Aug 01, 2021 11:07 am

Opened up the enclosure and found 3 hairs, 1 perfectly coiled around the mix pot. Cleaned it out and everything is working for now with full volume.

Does anyone know if the internal gain trim pot is present on the rev m pcbs?
roloshingshing

uncommitted
uncommitted

PreviousNext

Return to Montreal Assembly