Mudfuzz's meandering, ever changing project idea thread...



Moderators: Gunner Recall, metalmariachi, PumpkinPieces

Re: Mudfuzz's meandering, ever changing project idea thread.

Postby magiclawnchair » Sat Mar 24, 2012 2:52 pm

:excellent:
:flame:
"You sir, broke my speakers." - Jero
"I'll be the short-haired dummy headbanging like I've still got my old metal hair over in the corner." - jrmy
"And if you're going to sell something why not come and chat for a while... :( " - smile_man
"GO BLACKHAWKS!!!!!" - ST :animal:
http://soundcloud.com/magiclawnchair
http://www.youtube.com/user/MagicLawnChair
http://www.myspace.com/owlcambridge
shop http://fuzzhugger.com/fhfx.html today! :poke:
magiclawnchair

User avatar
FUZZHEROSAURUS
FUZZHEROSAURUS
 
Posts: 7610
Joined: Wed Sep 09, 2009 6:11 pm
Location: Palatine IL

Re: Mudfuzz's meandering, ever changing project idea thread.

Postby dubkitty » Sat Mar 24, 2012 6:48 pm

Mudfuzz wrote:HEY I HAVE A IDEA!
I figured out that a SS bass neck will just about work on a LP body is you move the bridge to where the tailpiece is... Now here is the thing... the neck on my electra lp broke off a while back.. and... I have thins univox beatlebass neck that has the string spacing of a guitar [WHY WOULD YOU DO THIS] so I'm thinking on putting that neck on the lp and like using a guitar bridge and pickup and tuning it like a tenor bass... thoughts anyone?


you could just use the LP tailpiece as a bar bridge a la the bridges on Gretsch guitars or Les Paul Juniors... you'd have to drill it for four strings or use a short trapeze tailpiece like a Hofner and groove the top of the stoptail. the latter would probably be more practical. if you got the string spacing JUST RIGHT using a guitar pickup could work really well with the strings balanced between two polepieces, or if you use something like a Hot Rails or a SuperTron spacing is irrelevant.
.

Bob Mould wrote:now i'm hardly getting over it
barely getting used to getting by


Damon Albarn wrote:it's where he is now
but it wasn't what he planned


Loni Love wrote:honesty is the best policy, but it isn't the best insurance policy


MAI LOOPS: https://soundcloud.com/dubkitteh-1

SCARING THE CHILDREN SINCE 1970
dubkitty

User avatar
IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS
 
Posts: 9064
Joined: Wed Nov 10, 2010 2:03 pm
Location: somewhere between Jerry Garcia and Neil Halstead

Re: Mudfuzz's meandering, ever changing project idea thread.

Postby Mudfuzz » Sat Mar 24, 2012 7:03 pm

dubkitty wrote:
Mudfuzz wrote:HEY I HAVE A IDEA!
I figured out that a SS bass neck will just about work on a LP body is you move the bridge to where the tailpiece is... Now here is the thing... the neck on my electra lp broke off a while back.. and... I have thins univox beatlebass neck that has the string spacing of a guitar [WHY WOULD YOU DO THIS] so I'm thinking on putting that neck on the lp and like using a guitar bridge and pickup and tuning it like a tenor bass... thoughts anyone?


you could just use the LP tailpiece as a bar bridge a la the bridges on Gretsch guitars or Les Paul Juniors... you'd have to drill it for four strings or use a short trapeze tailpiece like a Hofner and groove the top of the stoptail. the latter would probably be more practical. if you got the string spacing JUST RIGHT using a guitar pickup could work really well with the strings balanced between two polepieces, or if you use something like a Hot Rails or a SuperTron spacing is irrelevant.

That is a good idea. But. No I mean this neck has guitar string spacing.. There is no taper from the nut to the heel :lol: [like a 30" scale tenor guitar neck...] It will line up with guitar pickups... When I bought it this was not known :picard: Or I would have passed.. I am thinking about using my LP because well I sort'a sawed it's neck off one day..
Image
Mudfuzz

User avatar
HERO
HERO
 
Posts: 13481
Joined: Sat Jul 07, 2007 7:06 pm
Location: Oly-Wa land of rain and trees

Re: Mudfuzz's meandering, ever changing project idea thread.

Postby dubkitty » Sat Mar 24, 2012 9:01 pm

sounds like it's got tenor bass written all over it, then :)
.

Bob Mould wrote:now i'm hardly getting over it
barely getting used to getting by


Damon Albarn wrote:it's where he is now
but it wasn't what he planned


Loni Love wrote:honesty is the best policy, but it isn't the best insurance policy


MAI LOOPS: https://soundcloud.com/dubkitteh-1

SCARING THE CHILDREN SINCE 1970
dubkitty

User avatar
IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS
 
Posts: 9064
Joined: Wed Nov 10, 2010 2:03 pm
Location: somewhere between Jerry Garcia and Neil Halstead

Re: Mudfuzz's meandering, ever changing project idea thread.

Postby Mudfuzz » Sat Mar 31, 2012 7:59 pm

dubkitty wrote:sounds like it's got tenor bass written all over it, then :)

You know it!

Ok.

Hi-flyer pickups is here. Just need to find a bridge... thinking old badass 1

The dano neck will not go on the mock... so I have no idea what I'm going to do to my green V :picard: maybe put the original tele neck I had on it... :idk:

The dano neck is... :idk: going to stay a 4 string and go on the jazz master body @ the start of the thread :p with a Tesco pickup.. I am still thinking on a bridge...
Image
Mudfuzz

User avatar
HERO
HERO
 
Posts: 13481
Joined: Sat Jul 07, 2007 7:06 pm
Location: Oly-Wa land of rain and trees

Re: Mudfuzz's meandering, ever changing project idea thread.

Postby masked elwood » Sun Apr 01, 2012 11:13 am

damn!
just......
damn!
:love:
:hug:
Image
masked elwood

User avatar
Supporter
Supporter
 
Posts: 1230
Joined: Fri Jan 19, 2007 12:08 pm

Re: Mudfuzz's meandering, ever changing project idea thread.

Postby Mudfuzz » Sat Apr 07, 2012 1:17 pm

OH GOD I HAZ SUCH A IDEA! AND IT IS ALL YOUR FAULT ELWOOD! ALL YOUR FAULT! STAY TUNED...
Image
Mudfuzz

User avatar
HERO
HERO
 
Posts: 13481
Joined: Sat Jul 07, 2007 7:06 pm
Location: Oly-Wa land of rain and trees

Re: Mudfuzz's meandering, ever changing project idea thread.

Postby Mudfuzz » Sat Apr 07, 2012 7:09 pm

Thang is about to get turned back into a g-tar...
Attachments
DSC02978.JPG
Image
Mudfuzz

User avatar
HERO
HERO
 
Posts: 13481
Joined: Sat Jul 07, 2007 7:06 pm
Location: Oly-Wa land of rain and trees

Re: Mudfuzz's meandering, ever changing project idea thread.

Postby Mudfuzz » Sat Apr 07, 2012 7:16 pm

I'm done for this weekend... [need to buy tuners...]
but here is the mockup
Attachments
DSC02984.JPG
Image
Mudfuzz

User avatar
HERO
HERO
 
Posts: 13481
Joined: Sat Jul 07, 2007 7:06 pm
Location: Oly-Wa land of rain and trees

Re: Mudfuzz's meandering, ever changing project idea thread.

Postby masked elwood » Sat Apr 07, 2012 10:51 pm

horrificly beautiful!
Image
masked elwood

User avatar
Supporter
Supporter
 
Posts: 1230
Joined: Fri Jan 19, 2007 12:08 pm

Re: Mudfuzz's meandering, ever changing project idea thread.

Postby dubkitty » Sun Apr 08, 2012 1:46 am

BEST PICKGUARD IDEA EVAR
.

Bob Mould wrote:now i'm hardly getting over it
barely getting used to getting by


Damon Albarn wrote:it's where he is now
but it wasn't what he planned


Loni Love wrote:honesty is the best policy, but it isn't the best insurance policy


MAI LOOPS: https://soundcloud.com/dubkitteh-1

SCARING THE CHILDREN SINCE 1970
dubkitty

User avatar
IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS
 
Posts: 9064
Joined: Wed Nov 10, 2010 2:03 pm
Location: somewhere between Jerry Garcia and Neil Halstead

Re: Mudfuzz's meandering, ever changing project idea thread.

Postby Mudfuzz » Sun Apr 08, 2012 12:12 pm

dubkitty wrote:BEST PICKGUARD IDEA EVAR

:hug:
I was going through old records the other day and found this [snow white] and a few other children's records... And Elwood had given me this pickup and I had bought that neck to go with the pickup but was un happy with all my options because I wanted it to be cool and a little crazy. Then when I got up yesterday I thought of those records and of something I read about Pat Smear having this Ric in the early Germs days that he used a record as a pick guard and it all feel into place :thumb:
Image
Mudfuzz

User avatar
HERO
HERO
 
Posts: 13481
Joined: Sat Jul 07, 2007 7:06 pm
Location: Oly-Wa land of rain and trees

PreviousNext

Return to Guitar Tech & Projects



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


Sponsored Ad. (Please no inflated/repetitive clicking. Thanks!)

Advertisements help support ILF


ilovefuzz.com is not responsible for user-submitted content. Users participate at their own discretion and risk.