Mounting MIDIbox to pedalboard

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Mounting MIDIbox to pedalboard

Postby Benn Roe » Wed Jul 29, 2020 9:24 am

I have a couple of those Disaster Area MIDIboxes that I need to mount to the underside of the new board I'm building. Does anyone have recommendations? I know a lot of people use velcro, but I was hoping for something a little more hardware-oriented, since this'll be a gravity-spiting kind of mount-job. Anyone have brackets they'd recommend? Mounting my power supplies was easy because their enclosures all screw together on their sides, ideal for L-brackets that screw right into them, but the MIDIbox enclosures have smooth sides.
Former Bands: Lazy Gaga, Kadis-kot, Pyramids, In First Person, the Holy Fucking Spirit, Take Down Your Art, A Petal Fallen
Benn Roe

experienced
experienced

Re: Mounting MIDIbox to pedalboard

Postby AlexanderPedals » Mon Aug 09, 2021 3:30 pm

The screws that hold the lid in place are #6-32, available at pretty much any US hardware store in various lengths. Take the lid off one of the pedals and use that as a template to drill 2 or 4 holes in your board, then run longer screws thru the board and into the MIDIBox. All the controls and functions are accessible on the top of the newer MIDI Box 4, so if that's what you're mounting you should be golden.

Source: I designed those MIDIBoxes.
AlexanderPedals

committed
committed

Return to Guitar Tech & Projects