GFS Kwikplug system

Moderator: Ghost Hip

GFS Kwikplug system

Postby mathias » Wed May 06, 2020 5:29 pm

Does anyone know what socket the GFS kwikplug system uses? I thought it might be 2.5mm TRS jacks/plugs and ordered some of the jacks from Amazon to make more pickups “compatible”, but the GFS cables have another ring and it’s slightly thicker, which means it doesn’t go into the 2.5mm TRS Jack.

Possibly some cellphone style headphone adapter standard since it has that extra ring?
ILF Equipped :love:

skullservant wrote:You can like whatever you want so long as it makes you happy

Searching for that new sound.
If you can read this, then I'm back? :?:
mathias

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Re: GFS Kwikplug system

Postby JonnyAngle » Thu May 07, 2020 8:11 am

mathias wrote:Does anyone know what socket the GFS kwikplug system uses? I thought it might be 2.5mm TRS jacks/plugs and ordered some of the jacks from Amazon to make more pickups “compatible”, but the GFS cables have another ring and it’s slightly thicker, which means it doesn’t go into the 2.5mm TRS Jack.

Possibly some cellphone style headphone adapter standard since it has that extra ring?

TRRS jacks are a thing. The “standard” is the 3.5mm but then there is that annoying mini version that’s impossible to find. I would contact gfs and see if they have some extras. Considering their pickup prices, they should be reasonable.
JonnyAngle

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby mathias » Thu May 07, 2020 8:53 am

They’ve been out of stock for awhile on just the jacks. I think my next step is to buy a set of their strat pickups with the wire jacks (some of them come with a glued on jack that would be harder to cannibalizes) and use those, then sell the pickups.

I still have 3 pickups I want to try in the middle position of my Jazzmaster — not having to solder the wiring harness every time I want to switch would be cool.

mathias

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby mathias » Sat Jun 06, 2020 8:47 am

Following back up here to say that generic 2.5mm TRRS plugs and jacks from Amazon worked.

mathias

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Return to Guitar Tech & Projects