lipstick on a pig mini strat

Moderator: Ghost Hip

lipstick on a pig mini strat

Postby eatyourguitar » Thu Jan 03, 2019 10:33 pm

just picked up a squire strat mini indonesia. one of the saddles is buzzing. I love solid brass bridge components! assuming this is the right size and stuff but I am not sure. can anyone confirm if this saddle will work with a chinese squire bridge? does anyone know of something cheaper made of brass? should I just buy the entire bridge as a set? should I use the old wood screws or the new wood screws included with the new bridge?

https://guitartrade.com.au/gotoh-s11-narrow-saddles-10-5-brass-chrome
WWW.EATYOURGUITAR.COM <---- MY DIY STUFF
eatyourguitar

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Re: lipstick on a pig mini strat

Postby Mudfuzz » Sat Jan 05, 2019 3:46 pm

It should work and if it does't you could enlarge the hole in the back of the bridge so it does.
Not sure, have you check the usual suspects like guitar parts resource, stewmac etc?
If the holes on the bridge plate on the new bridge match the holes on the guitar use the original screws. If not fill old holes and use the screws that come with the new bridge.
Mudfuzz

HERO
HERO

Re: lipstick on a pig mini strat

Postby eatyourguitar » Sun Jan 06, 2019 11:04 am

after a lot of research I decided to go with graph tech graphite saddles. if I go with brass I would need to grind them down and chrome plate them. what I need is 10.4mm saddles. 10.5mm gotoh will absolutely not work even if I swap bridges and drill holes. chineese string spacing is either 52mm or 50mm and I don't even know right now what I have. I only know 10.5mm will not work in china and mexico.
WWW.EATYOURGUITAR.COM <---- MY DIY STUFF
eatyourguitar

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Return to Guitar Tech & Projects