esquire wiring help

Moderator: Ghost Hip

esquire wiring help

Postby omarwhite » Thu Jul 12, 2018 9:37 am

im doing some wiring updates to my esquire telecaster. has standard three way switch, 500k volume and TBX tone pot.

what I want to do, and cant seem to find anywhere online despite numerous attempts, is access a wiring diagram that shows how to wire the three ways switch so that my bridge pickup (fralin steel pole 43) is activated, and use atleast one of the switch settings as a mute/kill/no signal.

I know NOTHING about electronics. I've rewired most of my guitars and am handy with a soldering iron, but i'm still clued out on the WHY things work the way they do. so I cant even take a stab at this.

any help and/or diagrams out there that anyone may have laying around that I could utilize which would assist me in this process?

thanks.
omarwhite

committed
committed

Re: esquire wiring help

Postby MechaGodzilla » Thu Jul 12, 2018 11:33 am

Someone asked a similar question over at OSG. Hopefully that's of some use to you
MechaGodzilla

IAMILF
IAMILF

Re: esquire wiring help

Postby omarwhite » Thu Jul 12, 2018 12:07 pm

awesome thanks! didn't even think to check there. really appreciate it. gonna try some of that this weekend and see how it plays...
omarwhite

committed
committed

Return to Guitar Tech & Projects