Strat Abuse - What should I do with this guitar?

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: Strat Abuse - What should I do with this guitar?

Postby JonnyAngle » Tue May 14, 2019 10:50 am

purple and turquoise obvi
JonnyAngle

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Re: Strat Abuse - What should I do with this guitar?

Postby Jero » Tue May 14, 2019 2:10 pm

This thread gets bumped randomly, and then I look over at the poor neglected strat that I still have not finished :facepalm: :lol:

qersty wrote:I would re-do the finish. I have an el-cheapo peavey strat and when I pulled the finish I noticed it had a layer of veneer on the front and back, looks like yours has that too. idk if it bothers you as much as it bothered me, I was planning a natural finish so it was not nice looking to me (still need to pick that project back up lol). It would be alot more work tho since you have to do filler and shit.
btw love the mirror pickguard, psych as fuck

Yea there's probably a 1/16-1/8" layer under the paint. That's how the p-bass I redid years ago was too. I plan to refinish this completely, I just have a hard time decided what to do. This is something that holds me back, artistically, quite often. I think, "well I could do anything." As mudfuzz suggested earlier in the thread, I may not have to go the filler route, if I just bevel the back. Yet another thing I'm undecided on.

I've picked up some new tools since I originally fucked with this, so it'll be easier, whatever I end up going with. I can get the inside of the horns sanded out now without a ton of effort.

JonnyAngle wrote:purple and turquoise obvi

:joy:
I make noise toys under Stomping Stones

oldangelmidnight wrote:This is the classic ILF I love. Emotional highs and lows. Scooped mids in my heart all day long.
Jero

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Previous

Return to Guitar Tech & Projects