opinions on modding vintage guitars

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: opinions on modding vintage guitars

Postby ibarakishi » Sat Dec 02, 2017 5:56 am

MechaGodzilla wrote:These things are kind of ugly but could work. I found out about them when I was looking for something to amplify an old resonator w/ no hacking.

have you actually tried those pickups out MG? Did you like it? I am most likely looking for something like this int he future to use on a traditional Thai instrument
good deals/trades/business with: JonnyAngle, rdw102, crochambeau, worra, $harkToootth, Olin, fuzzonaut, friendship, ianmarks, digi2t
ibarakishi

experienced
experienced

Postby ibarakishi » Sat Dec 02, 2017 6:09 am

The other one i have been looking at is the lace matchbook pickups, which i am leaning towards, but any info on it would be great. Really interested in modding traditional instruments here to use with modern effects and recording
good deals/trades/business with: JonnyAngle, rdw102, crochambeau, worra, $harkToootth, Olin, fuzzonaut, friendship, ianmarks, digi2t
ibarakishi

experienced
experienced

Postby MechaGodzilla » Sat Dec 02, 2017 8:24 am

ibarakishi wrote:
MechaGodzilla wrote:These things are kind of ugly but could work. I found out about them when I was looking for something to amplify an old resonator w/ no hacking.

have you actually tried those pickups out MG? Did you like it? I am most likely looking for something like this int he future to use on a traditional Thai instrument

Nah I keep meaning to get one for my really old resonator but never got around to it
MechaGodzilla

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby Chankgeez » Tue Dec 12, 2017 4:55 pm

Somebody added a lipstick to this one, looks pretty good:

https://reverb.com/item/7656033-1960-s- ... ick-pickup
psychic vampire. wrote:The important take away from this thread: Taoism and Ring Modulators go together?
…...........................…
Sweet dealin's: here
"Now, of course, Strega is not a Minimoog… and I am not Sun Ra" - dude from MAKENOISE
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGhbeHujNZQ youtube.com/watch?v=V-2l7kkBURc

Previous

Return to Guitar Tech & Projects