Routing for Battery Door

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Routing for Battery Door

Postby JonnyAngle » Mon Jun 08, 2015 9:31 am

I'm at a standstill with my BassVI project. I finally got the battery door in the mail and I'm stumped how I can route a square hole in the back of the body. I have a router with a 1/2" diameter bit, but that seems to be a little too much horsepower for what I need. How did you do yours?
JonnyAngle

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Re: Routing for Battery Door

Postby Decibill » Mon Jun 08, 2015 11:18 pm

Cut some strips of 1/2" or 3/4" MDF. Arrange them so that they form the border of the square or rectangular recess in the size/shape you need. Double stick tape them in place. Using a top bearing flush cutting bit, run the router on top of the template with the bit running along the inside perimeter of the MDF "frame"/template. Sort of like this video but on a much smaller scale. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_TL4yKeQeQI
Decibill

committed
committed

Postby BoatRich » Tue Jun 09, 2015 10:19 am

Active VI?
BoatRich

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby JonnyAngle » Wed Jun 10, 2015 2:53 pm

Yah, I never like the sound of it until I was running it trough my Fuzzrocious BDPG. So I'm basically permanently installing it in there. Then I also have OD on tap as well. I'm excited to see how it turns out
JonnyAngle

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby BoatRich » Thu Jun 11, 2015 11:04 am

JonnyAngle wrote:Yah, I never like the sound of it until I was running it trough my Fuzzrocious BDPG. So I'm basically permanently installing it in there. Then I also have OD on tap as well. I'm excited to see how it turns out

Shit I might have to do something like that. I pretty much only use mine with my accountant on... I could just tape that to the bass though I think.
EDIT: Wait no I can't it only takes 9v...
BoatRich

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby JonnyAngle » Thu Jun 11, 2015 4:59 pm

Same with the BDPG. I had to remove the LED and power supply and add a battery door and snap.
JonnyAngle

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Return to Guitar Tech & Projects