Jag HH bridge replacement

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Jag HH bridge replacement

Postby foomanfat » Thu Jan 30, 2014 9:13 pm

So, I've got this Jaguar HH special that has the fender adjust-o-matic bridge setup. Given the 24" tension, I've had trouble with knocking the low E off the saddle using .12s.
I'd love to put a wraparound bridge on it, but to my knowledge there is no such bridge in the correct radius. Is there a Fender radius roller bridge or something with deeper grooves?
Could get more tension with a Bigsby installed?

Plz halp, guitar wizards.
Hey! Let's talk about serious thing. We're gonna talk about guitar, dude.
daseb wrote:sorry dude, I apologise, val kilmer was a great songwriter and truly understood the mystic ways of the native american.
foomanfat

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Re: Jag HH bridge replacement

Postby Decibill » Thu Jan 30, 2014 11:18 pm

I actually really like that bridge a lot. Why not just cut deeper grooves into the saddles and raise the bridge...?
Decibill

committed
committed

Postby foomanfat » Thu Jan 30, 2014 11:28 pm

I'd really prefer to lower the bridge, at this point. Will cutting deeper grooves noticeably affect the radius?
Hey! Let's talk about serious thing. We're gonna talk about guitar, dude.
daseb wrote:sorry dude, I apologise, val kilmer was a great songwriter and truly understood the mystic ways of the native american.
foomanfat

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby AxAxSxS » Fri Jan 31, 2014 2:51 am

depending on how much metal you use, yes, it could affect radius. I would try to make them all the same, and then raise the whole bridge slightly.
It looks like the spacing is different from the gibson bridges so there are not a lot of options unless you fill and redrill for different post spacing.
Band=InfiniteFlux Flux on Bandcamp
"Ingenuity comes in the face of adversity, and nobody ever becomes a legend by following the rules set by society" -A.A.
Corey Y wrote:it's not obsessive gear hoarding. ;)

Infinite Flux full sets and demo's on youtube
whiskey_face wrote:that girl can fucking hit lemme tell you :love: :lol:

https://infiniteflux.bandcamp.com/
AxAxSxS

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby V_____ » Wed Mar 05, 2014 2:38 pm

You'd need to get a simple radius tool for the right neck shape from say stewmac or something. Then you can file down till you have a deeper groove, raise the bridge up by the same amount and you will end up with the same action but a deeper slot.

I have the same guitar and have been considering typing a different bridge too. Does anyone know if the mastery's posts are the right spacing?
http://www.shoepedals.com
Check out Shoe Pedals on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/pages/Shoe-Ped ... 7637461219 for Fuzz, Musical Discussions, and General Fun.
V_____

experienced
experienced

Return to Guitar Tech & Projects