Jazzy neck pup to pair with p rails bridge pup?

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Jazzy neck pup to pair with p rails bridge pup?

Postby gunslinger_burrito » Thu Feb 14, 2013 2:12 pm

I'm looking at putting together a Jazzmaster baritone-ish thing, and wanted to try out the p rails in the bridge, but I'm not sure about what neck pup to use.

Anyone know if the stock blacktop jazzy pups are any good? I was thinking of buying a loaded body maybe, and just switching out the bridge pup for now unless there's something better? :idk:

Also, those bodies have 250k pots, I think. If I was tuning low/baritone style, using moderate to kind of high output pups, would it better to put in 500k pots to achieve a tad more clarity through the mud? I'm trying to figure out the best bang for my buck as I'm ordering parts.

thanks dewds
gunslinger_burrito

IAMILF
IAMILF

Re: Jazzy neck pup to pair with p rails bridge pup?

Postby Chuckchuck » Thu Apr 07, 2016 12:48 am

500k pots may sound too abrasive. You can still get brightness and clarity w/ 250k pots. I guess it depends on what you're after. I feel like you can get clarity with equalization.
I wonder if removing the drop cap or the tone knob would be an improvement only I'd hate to leave a hole. I guess go straight wire and puppet, disconnected tone knob.
Chuckchuck

experienced
experienced

Return to Guitar Tech & Projects