· Gen · Guit · · Bldrs · B/S/T ·

Switch to full style
pedals born from a steel cube. <ironether.com> <FB> <Tw>
Post a reply

Re: Xerograph Deluxe, redesigned for 2016

Sat Jun 29, 2019 7:38 pm

Really glad to hear that you're liking the updates! Thanks for the review.

Thu Jul 04, 2019 2:45 pm

Dapper Bandit wrote:This may be (/clearly is) a huge necro but I received my new XeroD the other week. Full disclosure, I bought one before the redesign and let it go as it wasn't quite working for me but this new version has addressed every issue I had and then some! The static filter switch is really helpful and I find it a lot easier to dial in sounds I like. This is now the top of my list favourite filter for any application ever!

You play guitar or bass?

Mon Jul 15, 2019 5:32 pm

Both but with more years in bass. Haven't had a chance to put it through it's paces on guitar yet but so far it seems extremely capable of doing double duty! I let my original go in favour of a 3leaf Wonderlove which to me didn't sound as good but I could get close to the sounds I wanted more easily but this redesign has knocked it out the park.

Mon Aug 05, 2019 1:28 pm

Dapper Bandit wrote:Both but with more years in bass. Haven't had a chance to put it through it's paces on guitar yet but so far it seems extremely capable of doing double duty! I let my original go in favour of a 3leaf Wonderlove which to me didn't sound as good but I could get close to the sounds I wanted more easily but this redesign has knocked it out the park.

When you'll have the time to try it with a guitar, let me know how it is. I sold my old one because the range wasn't very good with guitar. I wanted to love this pedal.

Mon Aug 05, 2019 1:35 pm

I do love the Xerograph Deluxe. :love:

Are you sure it isn't just user error?

I thought the range was fine with guitar on the old version. I sold mine because I wasn't using envelope filter that much. :idk:

Wed Aug 07, 2019 4:20 am

sylnau wrote:
Dapper Bandit wrote:Both but with more years in bass. Haven't had a chance to put it through it's paces on guitar yet but so far it seems extremely capable of doing double duty! I let my original go in favour of a 3leaf Wonderlove which to me didn't sound as good but I could get close to the sounds I wanted more easily but this redesign has knocked it out the park.

When you'll have the time to try it with a guitar, let me know how it is. I sold my old one because the range wasn't very good with guitar. I wanted to love this pedal.

I've got both versions and I have failed at dialing in the Deluxe for guitar.
Pretty sure it's user error, but if anyone has any tips...

Wed Aug 07, 2019 8:21 am

goroth wrote:
sylnau wrote:

I've got both versions and I have failed at dialing in the Deluxe for guitar.
Pretty sure it's user error, but if anyone has any tips...

I think it doesn't like some pickups... but not sure.

Wed Aug 07, 2019 8:36 am

Try using a compressor before the Xerograph Deluxe. Should be able to get it to work better with any pickups.

Fri Aug 09, 2019 3:17 am

I like it with drive / distortion / fuzz in front, by far the most synthy sounding filter I have heard.
Post a reply