Best P-90 Pickups?

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: Best P-90 Pickups?

Postby waltdogg » Sat Feb 05, 2022 7:43 pm

ChannelingHemingway wrote:Have you looked into Harmonic Design? I haven't ordered from them but they've been on my radar for a while, they offer dogear p90s as a standard option, and they seem like a small enough outfit that they could wind to what you're looking for. My only other suggestion would be SD antiquities.

I have not. Looking at their P-90 description might be what I'm looking for.

That reminds me I forgot that I've worked with Kent Armstrong in the past and he has offered to wind me any pickup to any spec I want. I bet I could ask him to make me a replica of a vintage Gibson P-90.

There's just something missing from my modern Gibson P-90 even with 50's spec wiring and rolling the tone down a hair to tame the highs and feedback. Leaving the tone on 10 and it's nearly as piercing as a regular single coil.
D.o.S. wrote:Why do people eat steak that shit is gross

behndy wrote:lol. she thinks Brazil is wayyyy too unsafe. but i got PLANS.

MechaGodzilla wrote:man, fuck those big neutrik plugs
waltdogg

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Re: Best P-90 Pickups?

Postby noisefield » Wed May 18, 2022 3:17 am

I have a fralin p92. Not really a p90 but sound nice to me. A little clearer than stock p90.
I also have a madlove A 90 TB it s a p90 inspired buy the travis bean pickups with alnico and it sound great
noisefield

interested
interested

Previous

Return to Guitar and Bass