Fri Aug 07, 2020 11:20 pm
Fri Aug 07, 2020 11:50 pm
Sat Aug 08, 2020 5:05 am
Sat Aug 08, 2020 6:23 am
Sat Aug 08, 2020 10:43 am
Sat Aug 08, 2020 9:30 pm
Sat Aug 08, 2020 9:39 pm
Sun Aug 09, 2020 9:49 am
goosekevin wrote:Thanks so much for the tips everyone! much to think about
- so many options! so many price points!
- i think i have decided to chase the 'good jaguar' tone rather than something completely different//comparable to the ric
- Shub is a great idea! Love his stuff so so much (have wanted something of his since he was doing 2012 guitars)!
- def don't feel confident installing ric pickups in the jag i think, probably gotta stick to normal single coils for now
- anyone had lipsticks in a jag before? old mate from A Place To Burt Strangers guitars always look sick.
- was definitely thinking about the staytrem bridge/mastery vibrato combo! seems like the best way to do it. maybe i can find someone to send me a staytrem
- not just gonna disable it for no reason, i don't typically hit it and its nice to have the option, was more thinking like a series/parallel situation or different wiring options.
gonna have think and a plan and update the thread as i start to buy things!
Sun Aug 09, 2020 10:48 am
Sun Aug 09, 2020 12:04 pm
Sun Aug 09, 2020 12:35 pm
Fri Aug 14, 2020 1:13 am
Fri Aug 14, 2020 7:23 pm
Tue Aug 25, 2020 6:45 am
goosekevin wrote:Hey team!
I have had my Fender MIJ Jag for nearly 10 years now? And I love it a lot, will probably never sell it. Wanting to change the pickups, refinish and maybe mod it?
First thing I want to do is change the pickups. Almost always exclusively use the neck pup so maybe will not bother with a new bridge pickup at all? Not sure though.
My other guitar is a Ric 330 and I LOVE the hi gain pickups on there and the sound. Not sure if i should try and chase that kind of tone or go a completely different direction?
Any suggestions are welcome. Thinking about alumitones or creamery 'dark line' ones? but also open to other suggestions? playing indie rocky emoy kind of stuff but also looking for something that can maybe cover heavier/noisier/scramzy territory.
I'm also going to be refinishing it I think! and maybe getting a mastery or staytrem. also not sure what to do with the rhythm circuit? could leave as is but I never use it.
anyway sorry for the word vom i dont really know what im asking but if you have any pickup tips or general mod/refin/refurb tips it would be appreciated!
Tue Aug 25, 2020 7:25 am
fcknoise wrote:I think I might chuck a small super distortion in the bridge