TRVSH BRVTHRVN / STRVVT RVTZ

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: TRVSH BRVTHRVN / STRVVT RVTZ

Postby adamajah » Wed Jan 22, 2020 9:24 pm

Achtane wrote:Image
It's been a long time since I played this piece of TRVSH but I do remember scalloping the neck with a router and then giving up in favor of a drill :lol:
The strings are super light so they can be bent downward easily.

Oh dang that looks fun. I imagine you can get chinese zither sounds with the downward bends :snax:
adamajah

experienced
experienced

Postby dubkitty » Thu Jan 23, 2020 3:10 pm

holy crap!

BTW, i got a great weird-guitar-setup technique form a Guitar Player column in the 80s which used to focus on weird ways to make the guitar sound like other (ethnic) instruments: take a slide and tuck it under the strings 5 or 7 frets up, tune to an open tuning, and push on the strings above the artificial bridge and voila! instant faux koto!
In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni

FIFTY YEARS OF SCARING THE CHILDREN 1970-2020--and i'm not done yet

DUBZ ÄLTER LOOPZ (2012-14): https://soundcloud.com/dubkitteh-1/sets/early-works-2012-14

DUBZ LOOPZ 2: Electronic Renaissance coming soon to a Soundcloud near you!
dubkitty

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: somewhere between Never-Never Land and Wonderland, in a place called Never Wonder Land

Postby adamajah » Thu Jan 23, 2020 4:09 pm

dubkitty wrote:holy crap!

BTW, i got a great weird-guitar-setup technique form a Guitar Player column in the 80s which used to focus on weird ways to make the guitar sound like other (ethnic) instruments: take a slide and tuck it under the strings 5 or 7 frets up, tune to an open tuning, and push on the strings above the artificial bridge and voila! instant faux koto!

I've been meaning to try something hacky like that since learning about David Torn's Kotar. Kaki King sells a "Passarelle" device for this too.
adamajah

experienced
experienced

Postby jirodreamsofdank » Fri Jan 24, 2020 1:09 am

the guy from Jeff The Brotherhood has a custom guitar with just EAD strings for one finger riffing - I want to do that with something trashy, it's precisely the kind of gloriously dumb shit for me.
jirodreamsofdank

experienced
experienced

Postby Dowi » Fri Jan 24, 2020 3:36 am

adamajah wrote:
Achtane wrote:Image
It's been a long time since I played this piece of TRVSH but I do remember scalloping the neck with a router and then giving up in favor of a drill :lol:
The strings are super light so they can be bent downward easily.

Oh dang that looks fun. I imagine you can get chinese zither sounds with the downward bends :snax:

This thing is sick, I should do the same ond that old prepared neck that lays somewhere at my parents house? :idea:

adamajah wrote:
dubkitty wrote:holy crap!

I've been meaning to try something hacky like that since learning about David Torn's Kotar. Kaki King sells a "Passarelle" device for this too.

I've been wanting a passerelle for a while now, but could never justified paying 80$+shipping to Italy for that.
BIRCH BARK | Solo stuff | Bandcamp - Youtube
HIBAGON | Polyrhythmic Heavy Duo | Bandcamp - Spotyshit
Dowi

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby ibarakishi » Sat Feb 08, 2020 9:40 am

you know you are a real trash rat the moment when you play live, and the area you perform in is all dirt, yet you take off your shoes and play barefoot on the ground without thinking twice to the discomfort of others around you...

good deals/trades/business with: JonnyAngle, rdw102, crochambeau, worra, $harkToootth, Olin, fuzzonaut, friendship, ianmarks, digi2t
ibarakishi

experienced
experienced

Postby $harkToootth » Sat Feb 08, 2020 11:45 am

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Oh Holy Shit Ibarakishi! Hell yeah dude!
"SWIPE LEFT ASSHOLE!" -retinal orbita
"Whatever ASSHOLE here’s my pedal that makes humpback whale noises and also it has a built in sequencer so stick it in your craw! -retinal orbita
"Patty Mullen takes me from a ball peen to a sledge" -The Great Velvet Hammer
"...at this exact moment Divine has learned of your jealous scheme from the local town gossip. She also has your address, ASS HOLE!" -Narrator (Mr. J) PINK FLAMINGOS
1 bird per post please
$harkToootth

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby jirodreamsofdank » Sun Feb 16, 2020 12:44 am

jirodreamsofdank

experienced
experienced

Postby jirodreamsofdank » Sun Feb 16, 2020 12:47 am

https://www.amazon.com/Product-GROTE-Ho ... ic-Guitar/

If it was $100 and SCROTE I'd order two
jirodreamsofdank

experienced
experienced

Postby MrNovember » Fri Feb 28, 2020 12:38 pm

I have a Sterling Silo 20 that has lived through so much cigarette smoke that the white pickguard is yellow and the neck looks as if it has been roasted. Bought it for $40 CDN from a couple who were chain smoking in their Sunfire with all the windows rolled up; I don't think I will ever reach their level of trash. I replaced all the electronics, but I suck at soldering so now it's all hiss, static, and bad grounding. Thinking about fixing it by pulling all the electronics out except for the neck humbucker and the volume knob.

I also have an unknown branded Les Paul copy that a friend gave me. He had bought it for like $20 in Florida when we were in high school. I shoved gold foils in it and apparently put too thick string gauges on it causing the nut to explode. Still enough nut left for 5 strings though so now it's tuned to open G for Keef sounds.

I like the idea of the semi-scalloped neck and the extra strings. I might need to pursue both of these ideas in the future. I've been eyeing some cheap Squiers on Kijiji
MrNovember

Modulae of BILF
Modulae of BILF

Postby $harkToootth » Fri Feb 28, 2020 2:55 pm

Ibarakishi and Olin know I can post a garbage guitar EVERY... SINGLE... DAY...
I not so secretly want this... I have one in this brand already... I posted earlier. They're GREAT! But $50 is still too much :lol:
"SWIPE LEFT ASSHOLE!" -retinal orbita
"Whatever ASSHOLE here’s my pedal that makes humpback whale noises and also it has a built in sequencer so stick it in your craw! -retinal orbita
"Patty Mullen takes me from a ball peen to a sledge" -The Great Velvet Hammer
"...at this exact moment Divine has learned of your jealous scheme from the local town gossip. She also has your address, ASS HOLE!" -Narrator (Mr. J) PINK FLAMINGOS
1 bird per post please
$harkToootth

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby MrNovember » Fri Feb 28, 2020 3:22 pm

Is this guy one of us?
https://instagram.com/blandhoel
He makes the most beautiful trash guitars and feedbackers

Also has a thing for Hannah Montana guitars
MrNovember

Modulae of BILF
Modulae of BILF

Postby Olin » Fri Feb 28, 2020 4:52 pm

MrNovember wrote:Is this guy one of us?
https://instagram.com/blandhoel
He makes the most beautiful trash guitars and feedbackers

Also has a thing for Hannah Montana guitars

Some of this stuff is by far the coolest in this thread yet.
neonblack wrote:Do you ever just sit back and take a good look at yourself and realize all your riffs are shit and you're a garbage musician?

https://barewireson.bandcamp.com/album/off-black
Olin

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby MrNovember » Fri Feb 28, 2020 10:53 pm

Seriously though, can our resident Norwegians track this guy down because he seems awesome?

Some highlights from his Instagram feed (NSFW because of several pictures):
NSFW: show
MrNovember

Modulae of BILF
Modulae of BILF

Postby ibarakishi » Sat Feb 29, 2020 12:40 pm

that just made my night
good deals/trades/business with: JonnyAngle, rdw102, crochambeau, worra, $harkToootth, Olin, fuzzonaut, friendship, ianmarks, digi2t
ibarakishi

experienced
experienced

PreviousNext

Return to Guitar and Bass