TRVSH BRVTHRVN / STRVVT RVTZ

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: TRVSH BRVTHRVN / STRVVT RVTZ

Postby Blackened Soul » Fri Jan 10, 2020 8:47 pm

$harkToootth wrote::lol: FISHBONE!!! That said, I bet if you put in an offer for $300 they would take it.
https://reverb.com/item/2341425-fishbon ... e-an-offer

They or them or it's has a 8 string ric type bass
https://www.dhgate.com/product/custom-8 ... cgQAvD_BwE
that interests and scares me.. one of you need to buy one and let me know just how bad the necks on them will twist...
Blackened Soul

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby $harkToootth » Fri Jan 10, 2020 8:50 pm

Blackened Soul wrote:They or them or it's has a 8 string ric type bass
https://www.dhgate.com/product/custom-8 ... cgQAvD_BwE
that interests and scares me.. one of you need to buy one and let me know just how bad the necks on them will twist...

Even though I've gone Cuba/Wonka... it's most likely going to be me. Let me enjoy the honey moon phase of my new found 'self-control' :lol: :lol: :lol: .
"SWIPE LEFT ASSHOLE!" -retinal orbita
"Whatever ASSHOLE here’s my pedal that makes humpback whale noises and also it has a built in sequencer so stick it in your craw! -retinal orbita
"Patty Mullen takes me from a ball peen to a sledge" -The Great Velvet Hammer
"...at this exact moment Divine has learned of your jealous scheme from the local town gossip. She also has your address, ASS HOLE!" -Narrator (Mr. J) PINK FLAMINGOS
1 bird per post please
$harkToootth

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Olin » Fri Jan 10, 2020 10:49 pm

That 8 string is markedly cooler than the blue monstrosity before it.

I want some janky cigar box stuff in here, especially stuff people have made in highschool.
neonblack wrote:Do you ever just sit back and take a good look at yourself and realize all your riffs are shit and you're a garbage musician?

https://barewireson.bandcamp.com/album/off-black
Olin

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby Achtane » Fri Jan 10, 2020 11:09 pm

Years ago I made my dad a 3-string cigar box guitar that had a "sound hole" where I mounted an old Casio's speaker, connected to a knockoff Strat pickup and a preamp. It sounded nasty.

The neck stuck out of the back of the body a little. I cut the end off and mounted it to a hinge+spring, so it had a super simple vibrato system.

I'll see if there's a pic deep in the bowels of my PC.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Louy7zH9guw
sonidero wrote:Roll a plus 13 for fire and with my immunity to wack I dodge the cough and pass a turn to chill and look at these rocks...

kbithecrowing wrote:Making out with my girl friday night, I couldn't stop thinking about flangers.

Achtane

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby $harkToootth » Fri Jan 10, 2020 11:56 pm

I really like those 3 string cigar box guitars, Actane. I have one at my Grandma's house. My big brother knows my passion for garbage and gave me this for Christmas this year.
ibarakishi made an instrument this year... egging him on to show it :poke:
"Whatever ASSHOLE here’s my pedal that makes humpback whale noises and also it has a built in sequencer so stick it in your craw! -retinal orbita
"...at this exact moment Divine has learned of your jealous scheme from the local town gossip. She also has your address, ASS HOLE!" -Narrator (Mr. J) PINK FLAMINGOS
1 bird per post please
$harkToootth

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Olin » Mon Jan 13, 2020 12:18 am

Oh that's cool, are you going to take inspiration and make yourself one?
neonblack wrote:Do you ever just sit back and take a good look at yourself and realize all your riffs are shit and you're a garbage musician?

Olin

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby $harkToootth » Mon Jan 13, 2020 12:40 am

I would like to. My Grandpa's Cigar Box guitar brings me so much... dare I say? Joy? Look, you know that I know I'll never be a master craftsman so this seems like a viable option for instrument creation/creativity. It's not too involving. I can probably "find" (l'm on my walk and literally FIND) the parts. And what I don't find... it can be like Flea Market Flip (ugh... another great show) and you can buy cheap things and repurpose them.

Remember those wooden instruments made from coconuts ibarakishi showed us? Those were so sick! I don't think the guy used a single electric tool. If I find the link I will repost for every one else.
1 bird per post please
$harkToootth

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby ibarakishi » Mon Jan 13, 2020 1:14 am

$harkToootth wrote:
Remember those wooden instruments made from coconuts ibarakishi showed us? Those were so sick! I don't think the guy used a single electric tool. If I find the link I will repost for every one else.

this year should have a 'real' instrument in my hands to look at and then plan on making my own from there so it translates and feels similar to its traditional roots. will see what it takes once i get one
good deals/trades/business with: JonnyAngle, rdw102, crochambeau, worra, $harkToootth, Olin, fuzzonaut, friendship, ianmarks, digi2t
ibarakishi

experienced
experienced

Postby $harkToootth » Mon Jan 13, 2020 1:19 am

For everyone else. 5555 I called them wooden. The wooden instruments made out of coconuts. :lol: :lol: :lol: Oh man, sorry world. I can't believe Doctors work over 100 hours a week regularly.

This is the same link as the video embedded above of the aforementioned wooden instruments made out of coconuts... in Thailand. He's a good guy and he's having a good time! :lol: :lol:
1 bird per post please
$harkToootth

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby dubkitty » Mon Jan 13, 2020 10:43 am

friendship wrote:I have this First Act telecaster-like thing my friend gave me and it's as fun to play as it is hideous to behold. This is what it looks like:

it's awful, i love it!
In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni

FIFTY YEARS OF SCARING THE CHILDREN 1970-2020--and i'm not done yet

DUBZ ÄLTER LOOPZ (2012-14): https://soundcloud.com/dubkitteh-1/sets/early-works-2012-14

DUBZ LOOPZ 2: Electronic Renaissance coming soon to a Soundcloud near you!
dubkitty

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: somewhere between Never-Never Land and Wonderland, in a place called Never Wonder Land

Postby ibarakishi » Thu Jan 16, 2020 10:22 am

good deals/trades/business with: JonnyAngle, rdw102, crochambeau, worra, $harkToootth, Olin, fuzzonaut, friendship, ianmarks, digi2t
ibarakishi

experienced
experienced

Postby Olin » Thu Jan 16, 2020 2:58 pm

Honestly how dare you miss out the gourmet trvsh rvt.

Olin

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby friendship » Wed Jan 22, 2020 12:19 pm

There aren't enough pictures of your trash guitars. Post more trash.
sound journal

actualidiot wrote:12-bit's almost analog, right?
friendship

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby $harkToootth » Wed Jan 22, 2020 1:02 pm

Sherif of TRVSH BVY CVTY reporting in... I'll lead the charge!
Short Scales... wow my phone camera made this blurry. I'm not retaking it.
Yes, TRVSH Guitars like Salt Lamps... everybody knows this.
Also in the picture is a $15 TRVSH pickup that I like. Incidentally, it was referenced in my book that I got for Christmas so I'm well ahead of the game!

I was going to also take a picture of my TRVSH Undies I'm wearing as they are a DISASTER! But not even Helmut Newton could light those to give it justice.
1 bird per post please
$harkToootth

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Achtane » Wed Jan 22, 2020 9:07 pm

It's been a long time since I played this piece of TRVSH but I do remember scalloping the neck with a router and then giving up in favor of a drill :lol:
The strings are super light so they can be bent downward easily.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Louy7zH9guw
sonidero wrote:Roll a plus 13 for fire and with my immunity to wack I dodge the cough and pass a turn to chill and look at these rocks...

kbithecrowing wrote:Making out with my girl friday night, I couldn't stop thinking about flangers.

Achtane

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

PreviousNext

Return to Guitar and Bass