seeking a little something extra

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: seeking a little something extra

Postby Errant Tiger » Fri May 24, 2019 10:45 am

dubkitty wrote:a very good point indeed, and one that i generally forget in my focus on kicking individual pedals off/on. especially relevant given that i'm on the bridge PU like 90% of the time.

I’m a neck guy but yeah, same.
Errant Tiger

experienced
experienced

Postby Errant Tiger » Tue Jul 23, 2019 11:41 am

Just thought I'd update this for anyone still following along: I picked up an MXR 6-band EQ and stuck it at the front of my chain. I keep it mostly flat, with just a couple slight bumps, and it's on almost all the time. Things are brighter and louder and my guitars generally are easier to find in the mix. I love it!

The only thing I don't like is that the boost it gives plays badly with the slight mid-boost built into my Phase 90, so phasing sounds god bloody awful. Haven't quite figured that out yet, other than to back off on the phaser.

Thanks for all the suggestions!
Errant Tiger

experienced
experienced

Postby mcatano » Tue Jul 23, 2019 3:14 pm

If you want to get weird/fancy you could split your signal in front of the loop pedal with some sort of A/B situation, run the looper through a studio-style compressor, and then run the split signal from the guitar into the compressor's sidechain input for some slight ducking. You'd need to have two amps or recombine your signal post-looper/compressor tho.
mcatano

committed
committed

Postby mcatano » Tue Jul 23, 2019 4:56 pm

Actually for that you’d need to split it into three but the suggestion stands.
mcatano

committed
committed

Previous

Return to Guitar and Bass