· Gen · Guit · · Bldrs · B/S/T ·

Switch to full style
Guitar and bass lounge at the Wang Bar.
Post a reply

Guitar Technique/Practice

Fri Dec 14, 2018 1:24 pm

I’ve been playing more acoustic recently (classical) and after playing acoustic exclusively for long periods of time I notice my electric guitar playing improves significantly. I now go to acousticfirst for practice and electric 2nd to “translate” my ideas from the acoustic.

Drill: Use one finger to go up/down the neck in long/short intervals to improve long jumps - if you do this with each finger and regularly your muscle memory for hitting the right fret at the right time improves ...

Re: Guitar Technique/Practice

Sun Dec 16, 2018 2:19 am

I've just gotten started on this

Jody Fisher is so insanely good though it is almost crushing watching that vid.

Sun Dec 16, 2018 1:20 pm

goroth wrote:I've just gotten started on this

Jody Fisher is so insanely good though it is almost crushing watching that vid.

Awesome stuff but one would have to have good finger style skills to properly implement ...

Sun Mar 10, 2019 7:28 pm

JereFuzz wrote:I’ve been playing more acoustic recently (classical) and after playing acoustic exclusively for long periods of time I notice my electric guitar playing improves significantly. I now go to acousticfirst for practice and electric 2nd to “translate” my ideas from the acoustic.

Drill: Use one finger to go up/down the neck in long/short intervals to improve long jumps - if you do this with each finger and regularly your muscle memory for hitting the right fret at the right time improves ...

Doing drills going across the neck with each finger also pays dividends. If you think about it, finger movements over the neck are finite. If you can get any finger anywhere on the fingerboard at your choosing you are 90% of the way there.
Post a reply