Lookig for a les gaudy version of this guitar...

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Lookig for a les gaudy version of this guitar...

Postby frigid midget » Sun Nov 04, 2018 11:24 am

Fender Custom Telecaster FMT HH.

"gaudy", refering to the slick looks, what with the gibson-y flame top and binding and all...

Never played one of these, but just the idea of a getting les paul-ish tones out of something that feels like a telecaster... :drool:
I'm picky when it comes to guitar aesthetics though, so I was hoping there were other solid finish options for a tele/lp hybrid like this one.

They're surprisingly cheap on the used market. Maybe they're not so popular because both the fender and gibson fan bois wouldn't wanna be caught dead with a guitar that has "made in Indonesia" on the headstock? :idk:
univalve wrote:The fuzz pedlols fuck everything up...
frigid midget

IAMILF
IAMILF

Re: Lookig for a les gaudy version of this guitar...

Postby BoatRich » Sun Nov 04, 2018 2:28 pm

I’m pretty sure there’s a set neck Schecter PT tele thing that’s two humbucker and comes in black? Also Reverend Chargers/Reeves Gabriel sigs
BoatRich

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby Benn Roe » Sun Nov 04, 2018 3:43 pm

How cheap are they? Cheap enough that you could just switch out the body? You could get Warmoth or wherever to make you a tele deluxe body with rear-routed electronics and no binding, finished however you want, and then just transfer the neck and electronics. Or just refinish the existing body? You could get this body from Warmoth for like $200 if you don't mind finishing it yourself. Sorry if that's not helpful. I have no idea what the stock finish options on these are.
Former Bands: Lazy Gaga, Kadis-kot, Pyramids, In First Person, the Holy Fucking Spirit, Take Down Your Art, A Petal Fallen
Benn Roe

committed
committed

Postby frigid midget » Sun Nov 04, 2018 3:45 pm

Dunno, maybe my google'ing skills are just letting me down today, but I can only find those in bolt on versions :idk:
frigid midget

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby frigid midget » Sun Nov 04, 2018 4:28 pm

Benn Roe wrote:How cheap are they? Cheap enough that you could just switch out the body? You could get Warmoth or wherever to make you a tele deluxe body with rear-routed electronics and no binding, finished however you want, and then just transfer the neck and electronics. Or just refinish the existing body? You could get this body from Warmoth for like $200 if you don't mind finishing it yourself. Sorry if that's not helpful. I have no idea what the stock finish options on these are.

I'm not even entirely shure how crucial this is for the les paul tone, but that fender tele is supposed to be all mahogany, with a maple cap, and a set neck.
There's one on reverb right now for just $360, and I've found more deals like that in other places...So I doubt the warmoth route would lead me to a better value for my money :idk:
frigid midget

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby Benn Roe » Mon Nov 05, 2018 12:09 am

A mahogany body with a maple cap would cost a little more, but still be doable through Warmoth. I didn't think about it being set-neck, though. I guess that rules that idea out. Good luck!
Former Bands: Lazy Gaga, Kadis-kot, Pyramids, In First Person, the Holy Fucking Spirit, Take Down Your Art, A Petal Fallen
Benn Roe

committed
committed

Postby dubkitty » Mon Nov 05, 2018 1:39 pm

have you looked at the Aerodyne Tele HH from the 2000s? similar look, but the neck bolts on and the body's basswood, but it sure looks good.
"there is no culture is my brag"--Mark E. Smith

"the policeman isn't there to create disorder, the policeman is there to preserve disorder"--Richard J. Daley

"i want to walk in the snow and not leave a footprint
i want to walk in the snow and not soil its purity"--Richey Edwards

In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni

SCARING THE CHILDREN SINCE 1970
dubkitty

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: somewhere between Jerry Garcia and Neil Halstead...OK, Charlottesville if you must

Return to Guitar and Bass