NAD! Fender Bassbreaker 15 head...

Moderator: Ghost Hip

NAD! Fender Bassbreaker 15 head...

Postby frigid midget » Wed Oct 31, 2018 2:21 pm

Incredible value for money. Neither the typical sparkly top end that's fender famous for, nor the oomph of an overdriven '60s/'70s Marshall.
It's extremely balanced out and polite. Won't do really deep boomy lows, won't get anywhere near silverface cleans, no dsl/jcm gnarl, no real convincing metal tones...

But in its own right, it's a great all-purpose budget amp. The smooth civilized tonal character won't make any heads turn, you won't want to replace your plexi or deluxe reverb or thunderverb with a bassbreaker, and you'll probably run into volume shortage in live/rehearsel situations if the rest of your band is loud and all over the place.

The dirt is nice. With single coils, at moderate volumes, I prefered the lowest gain stage with the gain control cranked or nearly cranked. Not having channel switching kinda makes me choose a medium crunchy platform, that leaves room for extra pedal dirt.

The reverb is definately useable, especially at lower levels. I'm not into spring reverb, I don't mind digital plate/room style verbs, but I guess the lack of a real reverb tank might annoy the fender purists a bit :idk:

I might try an eq pedal in the loop to make up for the somewhat limited range of the amp's eq, or whatever it is that makes me want to turn the bass up further than '10' :idk:
frigid midget

IAMILF
IAMILF

Re: NAD! Fender Bassbreaker 15 head...

Postby omarwhite » Thu Nov 01, 2018 3:50 pm

yeah I have the 007, which admittedly sounds nothing like the 15, but I love it. amazing practice amp for home. and like you said, the dirt is absolutely nice. since it's nothing like the 15 tho, I have no clue why im commenting about this. i might as well have mentioned any amp...
omarwhite

committed
committed

Postby aen » Thu Nov 01, 2018 4:02 pm

I GOT THAT MFN 45 and uts my favortie combo amp ever.
Chankgeez wrote:
DWARFCRAFT: We are not fucking around this year.
aen

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby frigid midget » Thu Nov 01, 2018 4:52 pm

Yeah, I read everywhere thatall of the models sound surprisingly different.

And I'm already pretty sure my first impressions will be way different from what I'll think after I tried the amp at high volumes with my 4x12 cab instead of the single 12" speaker.

I was close to pulling the trigger for a 007 head, cause I was/am sorta broke, and was mainly gonna use the amp at home...
But I wanted an fx loop again, plus not being able to use it as a backup/stereo for 'loud' situations made me decide to go with at least 15 watt.

Update: For heavey loud rehearsels it apparantly lacks headroom, low end, balls, oomph, etc...
And the amp did NOT like my pedals. And the fx loop hummmmms like a motherfucker :whateva:
frigid midget

IAMILF
IAMILF

Return to Guitar and Bass