· Gen · Guit · · Bldrs · B/S/T ·

Switch to full style
Guitar and bass lounge at the Wang Bar.
Post a reply

Re: Bass Strings help please

Sat Jun 09, 2018 11:55 am

Bass strings are equally as finicky as guitar strings.

I prefer DR lo riders because the hex core offers a little more tension than a round core. I prefer to use nickel as to not chew up my frets.

B or c is fine. Try both

If you want to go insane, try tapewoulds. They feel like you’re playing a guitar made out of squid, but in a good way!

Jason @ bassstringsonline.com would be a great resource.

Sat Jun 09, 2018 2:52 pm

JonnyAngle wrote:Bass strings are equally as finicky as guitar strings.

I prefer DR lo riders because the hex core offers a little more tension than a round core. I prefer to use nickel as to not chew up my frets.

B or c is fine. Try both

If you want to go insane, try tapewoulds. They feel like you’re playing a guitar made out of squid, but in a good way!

My man. DR nickel lo-riders all day err day!

And another vote for bass strings online. He knows his stuff and I've yet to see better CS or price on bass strings.

Sat Jun 09, 2018 5:04 pm

JonnyAngle wrote:Bass strings are equally as finicky as guitar strings.

B or c is fine. Try both

I've got tapewounds on my P bass. It came with them on and I'd never tried any before this. Turns out I love them!! Took a bit of getting used to but they're absolutely great.

Fri Jun 15, 2018 10:18 am

I used to play a 5 string with high b. I’d always just buy a cheap 6 string bass set. Worked out better being in a band that didn’t tune down. Was fun matching guitar on higher up melodies and opening up chord options

Thu Jul 05, 2018 6:18 am

I have had a set of GHS Brite Flats (ground wound) on my P bass for +/- 10 years. Absolutely love them. Lots of thump, with a little bit of bite. YMMV.
Post a reply